Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,403 members, 7,853,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun (24776 Views)

Skull Mining: Four Secondary School Girls Caught With Human Heads In Lagos / Will Ending SARS Stop The Killings? / Police Kill Lukman Issah Who Mastermind The Killings Of 19 Christians In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by InoGetJoy: 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
I can only see opportunity in this.
Open a helmet factory in the skull-miners republic of Afonjanistan and watch how the business will boom.
Everybody there need a helmet to protect their skulls from getting mined

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by adetayoonas(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
It is not ogun state only. Edo, Delta, Kogi, Benue and Ondo is worst
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by rajiedreez: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
All those woli, pastor, Alfa, babalawo that are into these acts also should be arrested as well. At least na person give those boys the recipe to the juju

5 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by InoGetJoy: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:
See as these bastards dey make my Igbo brothers from Potopoto republic to be insulting me and my region anyhow. Anyway shaa, no problem cos every region get dia own wahaala wey dem dey battle. Na our wahaala for SouthWest be that we go solve am
I sell quality helmets to protect skulls from getting mined. Please patronise my business grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by AppliedReason: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
This post has absolutely no relevance to the topic except it serves the requirements of making posts on Nairaland.
Mark this
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Heterodox(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
nzeobi:
People from the south west should take this ritual killings very serious. Imagine boys of 18 years killing for ritual already.
Disheartening really.

I was shocked.

Really shocked.

At 18 I was busy studying multiple textbooks.

4 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Sheriman(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I sell quality helmets to protect skulls from getting mined. Please patronise my business grin
You're not serious at all
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:

You are right brother.. Infact i am just tired of everything
I am tired too brother but the pain is everybody doesn't seem to have problem with it. They are just waiting for the next victim, wail and forget everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by InoGetJoy: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:

It's everywhere in Yoruba land what shall we do??
The cause of this is the rot in society. Everybody now worship money and if you're not rich you won't be regarded. Hard work is now relegated to the background. I've seen girls say they won't date guys if they're not into internet fraud. That shows how bad things have gotten

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 4:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
InoGetJoy:

lol!! na you yourself go comot that crap, let us just pray not to encounter evil in any of our outings and endeavors.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by mirexxx(f): 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2022
Poverty and lack of education is not even the cause of this skull mining. Its peer pressure and lack of home training. Parents are lazy and they don't screen their children's friends all because the friend looks fine and buys stuff for their children. They even hail them just to seem cool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by InoGetJoy: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:

You're not serious at all
At all. grin

I saw a video on tiktok. A young man was displaying wads of cash and luxurious lifestyle. Plenty of commenters were asking him to show them way.
He replied to 1 of them, "you get mind do ritual?" The person replied Yes.

He replied the guy again, "You fit bring your mama or your sister if them ask you to bring am?" This same guy also replied Yes, that he can use anyone.

I was beyond shocked. Even girls were saying they can do anything.

Guy, this our current generation is finished.

4 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
rajiedreez:
All those woli, pastor, Alfa, babalawo that are into these acts also should be arrested as well. At least na person give those boys the recipe to the juju
you are right, there are those that are given mandate to kill for specific ritual benefits I.e yahoo boys , cultists etc, there are the Alfas and babalawos that need the human remains for preparation of charms for their various clients etc it is a complex network, everyone involved should be brought to book.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Guide777(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2022
It's bad that Igbo push drugs, but it's extremely evil that Yoruba, the most sophisticated tribe is doing this skull mining business for ritual purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by sherlock229(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
CyynthiaKiss:

Ekiti and Lagos are dominated by Yoruba christians..

Organ harvest/ skull Mining is prevalent in Muslim dominated states.. Even if it happens In a christian dominated states the culprit must be a Yoruba Muslim.

Funny cos ogun state is a Christian dominated State ,better concentrate on your whoring, you clearly display a trait of low IQ and mental retardation plus added dose of islamophobia... Get a life
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by ablejesus26(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
Something needs to be done about this real quick.
How can anyone even think a human being's skull can fetch them money�
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by biggestmanhood(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
Make I japa from d zoo
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
JosephXavier:
Perhaps it can boost the IGR grin

This yahoo thing has turned into a pandemic

More like a cancer that cannot nne treated and it has gotten out of hand completely

Nigeria is sitting on a bomb and it will soon blow up

The government has failed
Elders have failed
Parents have failed
The community has failed
Youths are failing too and the teenagers are building on the faulty foundation that has been laid
its our Parents that failed us, and sure enough, they shall bear the pain.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by ShedrachU(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
BKayy:
I don't see anything wrong in Afonjas mining each others skulls in peace.
So far they keep it in SW, it is OK for everybody.

An igbo bigot spotted
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Omoluabi16(m): 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
realestate99:

The solution is complex because the problem is not coming from one front
1. The predominant cause of money rituals involving the use of humans nowadays is poverty, those times when our parents used to boast about, telling us a brand new car was 3500 naira, I doubt the ritual level would be bad like this, if there is great reduction in the poverty level of this country, there might be a great reduction. when you hear the ridiculous prices they sell the body parts after most culprits are caught, you will realise they are absorbed in penury. Poverty is the worst form of violence.

2. Yahoo lords
I stay in south west, so I know what I am saying, when the means of your survival is a direct threat to the life of people living around you then there is danger, I am going to be very blunt here most yahoo boys here are into rituals, yes I am expecting some back lash from their apologists but that is the truth, they might not start as ritualists but when the brain is not bringing in the required results, they tend to use diabolical means.

With the cover of " yahoo boys" they tend to have a kind of immunity as against the hardcore ritualists but both have same devastating effect on the community. my neighbour is a police man, sometimes he shows me those fetish stuffs they see in Yahoo boys apartment, even some babalawos do not have such armoury of charms.

3. This phase is what I called " e fit be you"
As a Yoruba, we are so much attached to our culture than religion, which for me is a good trait but sometimes it comes with a cost, like my learned Fulani friend usually jokes with me, that an Hausa Fulani man put religion on his head, if he runs it drops on his shoulder but a Yoruba puts religion on the shoulder, if he runs it falls on the ground.

if you watch Yoruba films well, they depict what happens in everyday life in Yoruba land, Yoruba's don't have issues going traditional to solve pertinent issues no matter their religious background ( Muslim or christian) with this kind of issue in place , you should know that there is a huge market for all these ritualistic stuff on ground, a ritualist once said that charms that have any iota of human remains is extremely potent and the result is fast as speed of light......There are still other factors but local man is tired of typing, off to watch Egypt vs Morocco.
very good man! You write so well.
Another issue is the growing lukewarmness towards education. I weep when I remembered what Awolowo wanted the Southwest to be. But now you hear a 15 year old saying school na scam. These kids are not even legal yet so can not 'flex'. We preach money these days but no one talks about the hard work. It's a painful cycle involving everybody.
Your signature ❤️

1 Like

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2022
Paygram:
Misplaced priorities. Only an ignoramus will say this is associated to the yorubas alone. The rate at which this young generation dey seek wetin no lost dey tire me.
Shut up. It's associated with them alone. Skull mining is like a cultural thing in SW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by gannod(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
nzeobi:
People from the south west should take this ritual killings very serious. Imagine boys of 18 years killing for ritual already.

You are right. We are taking this thing with levity. I think the Southwest should do more in curbing this nonsense. In the days of old in Yoruba land, you hear things lsuch as"oruko rere san ju wura ati fadaka lo", bibi ire ko se fowo ra e.t.c but now reverse is the case. Even as somebody from the southwest, I am still scared of visiting some places in Yoruba land.

When kids,who are in their teens and twenties are driving luxury viehicles up and down and parents who are suposed to caution them see nothing bad in it,then things like this will be the order of the day. This is condemnable and we should find a lasting solution to it. Bibeli ni to omo re ni ona to to, to ba ti dagba ko ni kuro ninu re. May God continue to protect us from evil.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
delzbaba:
Ogun and Osun state are really competing for the sksullership award
Osun tops Ogun in skull mining and organ harvesting activities. About 65% of Osun citizens are Muslim with noticeable % of Alfa traditional worshippers. Skull mining will never end in Yorubaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
lasisi69:
I'm crying for my tribe... I wish I was igbo
I wish I were** IGBO.

Lalasticlala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Cantonese: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
JOemmy:

I have been thinking about this too it might actually be a cultural thing over there u hardly find their political and religious leaders like tinibu, oyedepo, adeboye, oni of ife etc talk about it or totally condemn the barbaric practice despite the menace it has been causing in the whole south west region for years.

It is not a cultural thing, but rather a function of laziness on the part of the youths, poor parenting and a society in very serious trouble. Now it is also a very big error to think that killing for ritual is a SW problem, just as many erroneously believe that drug is a problem of the SE. There may be a prevalence of these crimes in some areas, but those crimes are not confined to those regions only. If you look at it holistically you’ll see that the same crimes are committed nationwide.

What everyone must do is to act against those crimes wherever and whenever they are committed. We must all rise up as one nation and say no to these incidences.

Unfortunately too our security agents are complicit in these issues because of bribe taking. If only we have stronger security or stronger institutions, then our nation can be better.

The politicians play the major part in this systematic destruction of our societies with their tribal and religious sentimental politics. They have succeeded in polluting the minds of the people and pitting people against each other. Politicians must also stop calling people that matter within the security to set their people free, who are arrested for such crimes. They help such people escape justice and society is the worse for it.

Cheers.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by emmykk(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
grin grin grin grin food don done

delzbaba:
Ogun and Osun state are really competing for the sksullership award

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
[s]
Sheriman:
See as these bastards dey make my Igbo brothers from Potopoto republic to be insulting me and my region anyhow. Anyway shaa, no problem cos every region get dia own wahaala wey dem dey battle. Na our wahaala for SouthWest be that we go solve am
[/s]
E pain am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
Cantonese:

It is not a cultural thing, but rather a function of laziness on the part of the youths, poor parenting and a society in very serious trouble. Now it is also a very big error to think that killing for ritual is a SW problem, just as many erroneously believe that drug is a problem of the SE. There may be a prevalence of these crimes in some areas, but those crimes are not confined to those regions only. If you look at it holistically you’ll see that the same crimes are committed nationwide.

What everyone must do is to act against those crimes wherever and whenever they are committed. We must all rise up as one nation and say no to these incidences.

Unfortunately too our security agents are complicit in these issues because of bribe taking. If only we have stronger security or stronger institutions, then our nation can be better.

The politicians play the major part in this systematic destruction of our societies with their tribal and religious sentimental politics. They have succeeded in polluting the minds of the people and pitting people against each other. Politicians must also stop calling people that matter within the security to set their people free, who are arrested for such crimes. They help such people escape justice and society is the worse for it.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Tomek09(m): 4:42pm On Jan 30, 2022
Divinefavour1:
Very bad.

The menace this skull mining has caused is too much.

I had to forfeit my plantain farm located in ogun state because of insecurity issues like this one.
You get luck. Something bad for reach you grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnapper Of Sheik Dahiru Bauchi’s Grandson Apprehended, Ransom Recovered / Nigerian Man Jailed In UK For Killing Defenseless Man After Clubbing. Photo / Afeez Adebara, Others Jailed In The US For $2.5 Million Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.