Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Negative Influence Of Parents On The Choice Of Career By Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Negative Influence Of Parents On The Choice Of Career By Students (122 Views)

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) / My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Ways To Overcoming Negative Influence On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Negative Influence Of Parents On The Choice Of Career By Students by Said1982: 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
Career is a legal occupation one does for a living. Occupations such as teaching, doctor, engineer and lawyer are legal while others like kidnapper, murderer and assassinator are illegal. A choice of career which is supposed to on interest and capability is taking a new dimension presently because of the influence of parents on its choice. Most parents prefer their children to be doctors, aeronautics, pilots etc because these careers are perceived as a chosen field of study that will fetch a white-collar jobs in return.

I was in the classroom recently to teach my students the topic Career but believe me none of the students out of many wants to be a teacher. They all prefer to be doctors, aeronautics, Surgeons etc. The fact remains that teachers has been underated and under remunerated. Students practically told me that their parents wants them to be doctors as it a lucrative course of study.

I met a student who spent more than the stipulated years in University in the course to be a doctor but because the choice was done in duress, he couldn't make it but when 3 he changed to Law being his initial interest he came out in flying colour from the University.

I therefore suggest that it is high time, parents completely remove their hands from their children's choice of career.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Bullying In Schools / Best Business Analyst Training Course: Roicians. / Have You Failed CIS Exams Before? ………. Try This Exam Success Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.