Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (25882 Views)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by God1000(m): 6:54am On Feb 03, 2022
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

Why going to another country to become a third class citizen?

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.
Nollywood movies and Nigerian politicians encourage this a lot.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bmdmix11: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2022
u don answer ur own question from the first paragraph

261 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by God1000(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2022
bmdmix11:
u don answer ur own question from the first paragraph
but what do you think?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by deepwater(f): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2022
u see that story all Nigerian parents from 60 years above tells their kids / grandkids --- in the 70s, the Naira was more than the dollar, there was no need to travel out, a carton of gulder was 1 naira 80 kobo, i bought my 1st Beetle car from Volkswagen it came nylon wrapped encased in a wooden box, we were sending money to our friends in England,etc etc if i had known that the military and bad politicians would ruin this country i would have not stayed back....

and you as the child go come they imagine say ur life for better like say you papa been travel that year o!

young adults of today dont want to tell that story in the next 30 years !

people are eager to leave now not to tell their children such pathetic story, even if things dont wotk out (God forbid) at least it would be on record that they tried in their prime

323 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by chigoziri2403(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2022
Insecurity
The human live is not valued here,
Lack of social amenities
Institutional corruption

Even our leaders don't take Nigeria seriously
That's why their doctors are foreigners

Nigerians travel to witness a system that works
I implore every Nigerian that can afford to travel, to see how organised other climes are
Even neighbouring Cotonou here is far more organized than Nigeria

Below is a picture of the abia state governor in China, without the razzmatazz and fanfare he goes around with in Nigeria
That's the difference between the two countries

189 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by treesun: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
I fully understand the despair and all the challenges at home which is largely responsible for this ugly situation.

But why going through so much just to cross to another country, they will gather a lot of money, movement from one African country to another before embarking on the dangerous journey of uncertainty.

They will finally end up sleeping on the streets of European countries after getting there, some of them hawk and sweep to make ends meet, but back at home they won't do those things because of pride.

There's this wrong notion that as a graduate you must work inside one fine office with suit and tie, live a lavish lifestyle and try to impress men and women.

We worship people that return from abroad, even if they do dirty jobs like drugs, all our people want to see when you return is beautiful car and house and they will worship you automatically.

Are Nigerians outside even enjoying? Because some bad ones have soiled our reputation badly, we don't have good image anywhere in the world, even within Africa, nobody trusts a Nigerian anymore, so why going through so much just to become an object of ridicule out there? They end up doing those menial jobs they won't do at home.

We look down on people that make legitimate ends meet in Nigeria through menial jobs but worship and glorify Yahoo boys and corrupt politicians! Something is indeed wrong with us.

No society can make headways with this kind of mindset and mentality our people have.

Ask Tinubu, Buhari why they always jet out too!

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by datola: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2022
I wonder o! If citizens of those developed countries had not faced their challenges to develop how would we have somewhere to run to.

There is a problem of leadership. This we know! Solution is not running away while citizens of India and their neighbors come to Nigeria with nothing but are running successful businesses.

I think the problem ab initio is this white cola job mindset.

We must note that people from other countries also relocate to other countries but Nigeria's is disturbing and image tarnishing.

We need God's help!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by BwalaMarama: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
When the government can no longer guarantee the safety of life and property of its citizens, then is left for a citizen that has an option and means to cross to the other side for a better life. If I have the means, I too will take my family and zoom out for a better life over there.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Do you love what's going on in your country?
Everyday Killin and insecurity..
No steady basic amenities..

It's really unfortunate what your country has turned into...

34 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Omniman(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
?!

£9 per hour is minimum amount you collect as a cleaner.

If you clock in normal 9 - 0

Thats £9 * 8hrs

£72 per day...

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Who wants to die in a fantastically corrupt shithole....... cheesy

44 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by html14java(f): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
You can also ask "What are the reasons why one must continue to live in Nigeria"? Your mind will give you urgent replies.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Nonexisting: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
I used to be but I'm not now. In fact, my guys and I currently have valid visas which are fast expiring but we are seriously considering dumping them because things are working well for us here now. We can't abandon everything and go over there to start life all over again.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by madridguy(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
To enjoy snow grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Stevenson20: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
The answer is simple. They desperately wants to leave before the lifeless vegetable in Aso Rock and his 30k BMC's and Zombies infect them with their insanity.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by yusluvad(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Because the country isn't helping anyone, family, homes, students, civil servants, self employed, businesses. E.t.c.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by flexlatifa: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Because we don't have president

41 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by iCauseTrouble: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Japan Japa, Japa lo London

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by EKONGKING: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
At least they will be safe from bandits,skull miners ,Boko haram

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by iamyemiakins(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
End of discussion comrade.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by careytommy37(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
What a silly take. Allow people to do whatever it is that pleases them

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by winta2007(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Agbalumo
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Coldie(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Nigeria cast I won’t lie. Abroad make sense but it depends on country if it’s South Africa u are going to just sign it as suicide

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Irondome1: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
It's a sin to be born in Nigeria and greater sin to die in Nigeria. All things being equal na to japa before the year runs out.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Ovie56(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Alternative question, why aren't Nigerians desperate enough to leave this country? I still think too many of us are so comfortable with this nonsesnse, myself included.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Do you live under a rock?

Abi you no dey see the situation of things in the country?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by tmtech: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
You are looking at this from a very narrow end of it..
A medical doctor in Nigeria will earn way more in the west.

Even the so called menial jobs like a garbage man or mail man or a waiter that pay less than $ 50 here pay you much more than that , plus your quality of life will definitely improve.
Just make sure you follow a legal means. Don't go through Libya , risking your life only to end up on the street of Europe or even worse , a detention center.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by freshkpomo(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Because of Buhari abd Osinbajo.... Them don take the hardship to another level...

If fela was still alive,I believe him voice for don crack by now ontop APC matter.

29 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Spanki(f): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:

Sadly a lizard in Nigeria will not get to America and turn into a crocodile.�

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Olalekank(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Is it not obvious?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by dapsoneh: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
T0
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by sommy03(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2022
The country is messed up

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) / Hardworking Deaf Man Seen Driving Keke Napep In Umuahia Melts Hearts(pics) / 14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.