Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834806 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by myhero: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please does one with a UK student visa need to buy one way ticket or round ticket?? One year course
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
myhero:
Please does one with a UK student visa need to buy one way ticket or round ticket?? One year course

Either. Depending on your plans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by myhero: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Cashmadam:

Either. Depending on your plans.

If I buy one way ticket, will I be turned back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
myhero:
one way ticket for UK student or UK work visa pls. You are allowed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
myhero:

If I buy one way ticket, will I be turned back?
NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abuhusna1: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lamide123:
Please, I need advice on an urgent matter.

My brother applied for a 6-month UK visa around mid-July as a first-timer. He picked up his passport today, but the duration on the visa vignette affixed to his passport is more than the six months he paid for. The visa runs from September 2023 to September 2025.

Do you guys think he should inform UKVI or he should stay silent and continue to use it? Has this happened to anyone before?

Do you guys think they will discover this later?

If your bro no feel comfortable he can go return it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigolly(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please can someone say she has side business that is generating income for her aside her monthly salary?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
dende3:

Please this story is Contradicting ,You said the visa start reading from September 2023,how come he said a valid ticket for 15th of August 2023
because he or she is telling half or mis truths
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Silentpotato(f): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Good Evening Everyone.

Please can someone that has done walk-in at ikeja tls explain what it entails. Like what is best time to go for walk in and is there a limit to the amount of people that will be allowed to walk in on a particular day?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Silentpotato(f): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
And please since it is now peak season, which TLS in lagos is better for biometrics? Ikeja or V.I

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yemmywesey(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please I want to apply for uk visitors visa afresh, I want to do it myself.
I was denied last year though I didn't do it all by my self.
I want the authentic tls website
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by icagbons: 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
I got a refusal mail last night.

Standard Visitor visa for 11 days.

I did my biometrics on the 18th of July and I got this refusal mail yesterday.

Gurus in the house over to you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
Yes you can as long as you have supporting docs to prove it like invoices , payment receipts , payments from clients etc

Bigolly:
Please can someone say she has side business that is generating income for her aside her monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 12:09am On Aug 07, 2023
icagbons:

I am surprised that they even send refusal email on a weekend, that is shocking. Sorry brother. From what I read here, they feel you should be able to fund your travel without a 3rd party. Sometimes I don’t understand this how these visa officers analyze applications. Still waiting for a response on my application. Bio was 18th July as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 2:24am On Aug 07, 2023
For anyone interested
A couple in Chester (north west England) are relocating, if anyone is interested in buying house hold items you can contact them.

- Samsung flat screen TV
- Tv stand
-Deep freezer 139L
- Sofa set (2 seater and 3 seater) with matching throw pillows
- russel Hobbs iron
- dining table ( extendable) with 4 dining chairs
-Ninja Foodie 14 in 1. Air fryer , pressure cooker etc all in one
-Ninja blender
-Sewing machine
- toddler single bed (extendable)
- Joie Juva travel system ( buggy + infant car seat)
- electric lawn mower
- office desk and matching swivel chair
- Shark flex duo-clean hoover

-king size bed frame and mattress

- ikea chest of 6 drawers (white)

-etc there’s a lot more not listed

Contact 07480529439
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigolly(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2023
Pls am trying to book appointment but is not going, what can be the issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigolly(m): 6:19am On Aug 07, 2023
puffmama:
Yes you can as long as you have supporting docs to prove it like invoices , payment receipts , payments from clients etc

Not a business, the account was being funded for the purpose of building the account for the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:07am On Aug 07, 2023
icagbons:

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. You are an adult and you will be assessed based on your personal financial situation - regardless of who is funding your vacation

2. You are newly married (probably without a child yet) - it is a red flag as they feel it will be easy for you and your spouse to "relocate" to the UK

3. Your monthly salary is low - based solely on your income, you simply cannot afford this vacation

4. If your wife is your sponsor, then the reason for the sponsorship must be more important - probably as a birthday gift?

5. Your Pension does not count - it is not regarded as money easily accessible to you.

6. I'm not sure you explained the source of your additional income (in Pounds)

My advise:

1. Honestly, I feel you need to wait till you have saved over some months and then justify the need to spend a huge sum of money on a vacation.

2. You need to keep your account "clean" - devoid of expenses you cannot easily explain.

For me, the bottom line is that your income is too low at this time so I won't advise you to reapply in a hurry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lamide123: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2023
dende3:

Please this story is Contradicting ,You said the visa start reading from September 2023,how come he said a valid ticket for 15th of August 2023,
for your information visitors can not enter UK before validity of his visa, My Candid Advice go to tls office and ask for advice you might be lucky to add more money and hold on to the 2 years because it is a printing error,dont be surprise the visa will expire in 6 months according to what the Applicant has applied for ,September is still in the next 3 weeks more so do the needful. Best of Luck

He is not traveling to the UK this month. He is traveling to South Africa next week and he will not return back to Nigeria until September 3rd. The South African trip ticket has been paid for and it's nonrefundable.

Anyway, he plans to visit TLS this morning to get information on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lamide123: 7:38am On Aug 07, 2023
giselle237:
because he or she is telling half or mis truths

He is not traveling to the UK this month. He is traveling to South Africa next week and he will not return back to Nigeria until September 3rd. The South African trip ticket has been paid for and it's nonrefundable.

Anyway, he plans to visit TLS this morning to get information on what to do.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Cashmadam:

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. You are an adult and you will be assessed based on your personal financial situation - regardless of who is funding your vacation

2. You are newly married (probably without a child yet) - it is a red flag as they feel it will be easy for you and your spouse to "relocate" to the UK

3. Your monthly salary is low - based solely on your income, you simply cannot afford this vacation

4. If your wife is your sponsor, then the reason for the sponsorship must be more important - probably as a birthday gift?

5. Your Pension does not count - it is not regarded as money easily accessible to you.

6. I'm not sure you explained the source of your additional income (in Pounds)

My advise:

1. Honestly, I feel you need to wait till you have saved over some months and then justify the need to spend a huge sum of money on a vacation.

2. You need to keep your account "clean" - devoid of expenses you cannot easily explain.

For me, the bottom line is that your income is too low at this time so I won't advise you to reapply in a hurry.

Hi,
Please will the situation be different if the sponsor gifts the applicant the money for the trip by transferring it into her dorm account so that they can see that it's easily accessible to her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2023
Revman:
Hi,
Please will the situation be different if the sponsor gifts the applicant the money for the trip by transferring it into her dorm account so that they can see that it's easily accessible to her?
Even if it is a gift, your personal circumstances must be used to determine on a balance of probabilities if you would return. Most people when they get 6 months visa, get there and claim asylum and do not come back.
They also feel it must not be the UK. The person can sponsor you to the other 195 countries in the world if it’s a true sponsorship and the money is available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2023
giselle237:
Even if it is a gift, your personal circumstances must be used to determine on a balance of probabilities if you would return. Most people when they get 6 months visa, get there and claim asylum and do not come back.
They also feel it must not be the UK. The person can sponsor you to the other 195 countries in the world if it’s a true sponsorship and the money is available.

Why will she sponsor me to those other 195 countries when she lives in the UK? Who will I be visiting in those other places?

There is no need for all these back and forth sef. No be everybody wan relocate go UK not to talk of asylum route. Chukwu ajụ biko. Somebody will now be hanging for years. If UK was my destination of choice, I would have jejely done what others have done and found my way using student visa and she would have gladly helped with it.

If I reapply with additional docs and they still refuse it, I will let it rest. It's not a do or die affair.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Revman:
Why will she sponsor me to those other 195 countries when she lives in the UK? Who will I be visiting in those other places?There is no need for all these back and forth sef. No be everybody wan relocate go UK not to talk of asylum route. Chukwu ajụ biko. Somebody will now be hanging for years. If UK was my destination of choice, I would have jejely done what others have done and found my way using student visa and she would have gladly helped with it.If I reapply with additional docs and they still refuse it, I will let it rest. It's not a do or die affair.
You asked a question and I responded to your question grin No one said you want to relocate. ECOs only judge you based on probability of what you would do. If your personal/financial circumstances look funny, they guess that you will overstay or become an asylee as this is the norm.
You can still reconsider the student route or work on the reasons for your previous refusal(s) and then reapply.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Allowance , Upkeep , birthday gift or any festive period around the time of the deposit.

Bigolly:

Not a business, the account was being funded for the purpose of building the account for the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigolly(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
puffmama:
Allowance , Upkeep , birthday gift or any festive period around the time of the deposit.

Okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
giselle237:

Exactly. You spoke my mind.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigolly(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Pls am unable to book appointment, what could be wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.