Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830291 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WendieT(f): 2:34am On Apr 16
Good morning,

Please I need urgent assistance with this.

My daughter's visa was refused, and I applied for administrative review. I just got this mail now, which I am instructed to respond within 10 days. I am surprised that they are requesting for proof of funds again. Please, what are my options? Can I ask for an extension, and start running the proof of funds? I am also hearing about investment certificate. Please I need information, if it can help me in this case, and how I can process one.

Thank you very much.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olutobi123: 8:37am On Apr 16
Hi Wendie,

Well, there is one area I can provide help with which is; you can ask for an extension and keep running the proof of funds. If you don't know how to go about it or have limited funds, I know someone reliable that can help with that with an interest rate as low as 3%. Let me know what you think and I wish you success!
WendieT:
Good morning,

My daughter's visa was refused, and I applied for administrative review. I just got this mail now, which I am instructed to respond within 10 days. I am surprised that they are requesting for proof of funds again. Please, what are my options? Can I ask for an extension, and start running the proof of funds? I am also hearing about investment certificate. Please I need information, if it can help me in this case, and how I can process one.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:47am On Apr 16
Ashirioluwa:

If you are really looking for affordable schools, then you should look at places like the Schengen countries or Russia where you can school and work, not in Guyana, where the natives can’t find jobs.

Most people in Guyana depend on family and friends to survive.

Anyone who decides to go to Guyana to school should be careful in choosing school and make sure their choice of school is accredited because you don't want to go to school where the certificate is not useful to you.

The school (The LifeCare American International School of Nursing) the op is advertising is not yet accredited.

@Drajah

Hmmmm.... Your opinion is makes sense

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:49am On Apr 16
Ashirioluwa:

If you are really looking for affordable schools, then you should look at places like the Schengen countries or Russia where you can school and work, not in Guyana, where the natives can’t find jobs.

Most people in Guyana depend on family and friends to survive.

Anyone who decides to go to Guyana to school should be careful in choosing school and make sure their choice of school is accredited because you don't want to go to school where the certificate is not useful to you.

The school (The LifeCare American International School of Nursing) the op is advertising is not yet accredited.

@Drajah

Hmmmm.... Your opinion makes sense
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:02am On Apr 16
TRAVELING WITH A TODDLER WITHOUT HER MUM..
Who has been in this shoes before?. My girl is just 11months old. Even the father is his first time flying. What and what do I really need to put in place . This trip is about 6 hours plus. Niger to UK. It's not going to be easy for me I know as the father traveling with my daughter without the mum.

Please your advice will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifyobidiaso: 10:26am On Apr 16
Hi guys I complained earlier about my mum collecting her passport with no visa and no refusal email.
After numerous calls and emails.BHC called her lastweek and told her that her decision was overturned and that she should return her passport and she just picked her visa this morning

Thank you all.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:59am On Apr 16
olutobi123:
Hi Wendie,

Well, there is one area I can provide help with which is; you can ask for an extension and keep running the proof of funds. If you don't know how to go about it or have limited funds, I know someone reliable that can help with that with an interest rate as low as 3%. Let me know what you think and I wish you success!
this is very wrong information!!! Can you take your scammish self away

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:00am On Apr 16
WendieT:
Good morning,
Thank you very much.
if this is a dependent visa a POF had already been submitted by you before.. why did you take out the funds seeing that you went again to apply for administrative review again? Why the stress?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by japcee: 11:02am On Apr 16
Good morning.

I had my first degree in UK and finished course in 2017 and left.

I am married with 3 kids and we are all in Nigeria.
I haven't gone back to UK since 2017.
I got 2 job interviews in UK which I want to go with visitor Visa.

Proof of fund is my younger sister's account who have lived in Canada for 20 years.
She has upto £13,000 in her account.

She is a lecturer at a Canadian Uni and has good credit history and also a fully paid home owner.
She is ready to provide any documents necessary to support her support.

I want to stay in UK for 10 days for the interviews processes. I could spend about £2000 in total for the journey.

So can I use her account statement as proof of funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WendieT(f): 11:30am On Apr 16
giselle237:
if this is a dependent visa a POF had already been submitted by you before.. why did you take out the funds seeing that you went again to apply for administrative review again? Why the stress?

Thank you very much for your comment, though I really wish you had proffered a solution rather than focus on what I may have done wrong. They do not ask for proof of funds when concluding an administrative review as it had been summited previously. I have been involved in about 3 administrative review and this is the first time POF is requested for.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WendieT(f): 11:31am On Apr 16
olutobi123:
Hi Wendie,

I guess I will have to ask for extension then. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 12:47pm On Apr 16
ifyobidiaso:
Hi guys I complained earlier about my mum collecting her passport with no visa and no refusal email.
After numerous calls and emails.BHC called her lastweek and told her that her decision was overturned and that she should return her passport and she just picked her visa this morning

Thank you all.

pls what emails did you use? kindly help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:15pm On Apr 16
japcee:
Good morning.

I had my first degree in UK and finished course in 2017 and left.

I am married with 3 kids and we are all in Nigeria.
I haven't gone back to UK since 2017.
I got 2 job interviews in UK which I want to go with visitor Visa.

Proof of fund is my younger sister's account who have lived in Canada for 20 years.
She has upto £13,000 in her account.

She is a lecturer at a Canadian Uni and has good credit history and also a fully paid home owner.
She is ready to provide any documents necessary to support her support.

I want to stay in UK for 10 days for the interviews processes. I could spend about £2000 in total for the journey.

So can I use her account statement as proof of funds?

Good afternoon. No, you cannot use your sister's account as POF.

Only your partner/spouse and/or your parents can work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:18pm On Apr 16
WendieT:
Good morning,

Thank you very much.

You can ask for an extension but I doubt if they will approve the request.

Alternatively, if you have the funds in a fixed term deposit and/or Treasury Bills, you can present evidence

Otherwise, prepare yourself for the obvious outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by japcee: 2:25pm On Apr 16
Cashmadam:

Good afternoon. No, you cannot use your sister's account as POF.

Only your partner/spouse and/or your parents can work.

Thank you for the very important response to my query.
I appreciate you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by FALSEMALLAM: 2:41pm On Apr 16
ddre330:
Good day house, I applied for a visiting visa late last year, for my sister's graduation but I was refused. I would have posted this earlier but not have much time to. Pls could someone explain why, cos I don't really understand. The funds I indicated I would use for the trip expenses were in a savings account and it my personal savings over the years.

And it was well over 10m which would have covered the cost of the trip. While about 3.5m in the account for business purposes. Pls could someone explain what they meant here

Seems the same V.O attended to us 🤣
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:43pm On Apr 16
WendieT:

Thank you very much for your comment, though I really wish you had proffered a solution rather than focus on what I may have done wrong. They do not ask for proof of funds when concluding an administrative review as it had been summited previously. I have been involved in about 3 administrative review and this is the first time POF is requested for.
U are requesting an admin review to say they have made a mistake in their decision however you just proved by not having the funds that they may not be wrong.
He who must come to equity must come with clean hands.
You have done this 3 times and therefore because you have escaped 3 times according to you so the rules should be negated? I am afraid I do not understand your argument.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamademola(m): 6:54pm On Apr 16
Greetings to everyone please I need urgent response and advice.

I made an application for my step daughter. And below is the response from Ukvi. My mother is currently here with me in the Uk.

Pls kindly advice on what to do.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WendieT(f): 8:18pm On Apr 16
giselle237:

U are requesting an admin review to say they have made a mistake in their decision however you just proved by not having the funds that they may not be wrong.
He who must come to equity must come with clean hands.
You have done this 3 times and therefore because you have escaped 3 times according to you so the rules should be negated? I am afraid I do not understand your argument.
Thank you for your comment, but I still say it really is not of much help to me at the moment. You still highlighted the problem without a possible solution, or telling me if there is none.
Thanks all the same!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16
WendieT:

He is telling you that there is no possible leeway out of this quagmire for your daughter this time around because of your own error to not imagine you could be asked about funds. Previously, you might have been lucky and were not asked to comment about funds. But a review is a review and anything can come up as reason to deny you, if he is refusing your application and there is any reason which comes up that you cannot defend, your application will be trashed aside with possible warning or subtle ban. If you are claiming you were wronged, your application must be spotless or else you'll denied again for refusing to dot an "I" or cross a "t".
It's like taking the eco to court and arguing that he was wrong. What do you think will happen if the first question put to you by the judge, finds you wanting?! Exactly!

The ECO guessed something smelt fishy and decided to cast the line in hopes to catch little fingerlings to deny her review with. Not knowing he was going to catch a whale and so he will most definitely hold up his refusal if the process continues because right now the funds like you said need to be "run" again.

I don't know if any extension can be given or how you intend to put the money back in there. Only UKVI can answer that grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamademola(m): 8:36am On Apr 17
iamademola:

I made an application for my step daughter. And below is the response from Ukvi. My mother is currently here with me in the Uk.

Good morning all. @wendie and all Someone should pls kindly advice me on this this thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:14am On Apr 17
iamademola:

Good morning. Provide the documents as requested or wait for the obvious outcome.

To the best of my knowledge, your step daughter cannot enter the UK as your dependant unless you have legally adopted her. If you did not adopt her legally, the visa will be denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mashaunola: 9:14am On Apr 17
Larash:
please did you summit tax clearance

No I did not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mashaunola: 9:37am On Apr 17
solid3:

Pls tell us the mistake you avoided and what info helped.

The Mistake I avoided.

Firstly I have done 4 successful visit visa application for my mum twice, myself and now my brother as well as 4 unsuccessful visa applications in the past before this successful ones.
I noticed a pattern with all the application.

You don’t need to quote too much money as money you will spend as a single applicant that has someone that will accommodate you when you arrive in the UK. If you have a low disposable income, keep it around £500 for a 2 weeks visit.

I noticed a lot of single applicants quoting £2,000 to £3,000 for a 10 days visit. It might affect the application especially if your disposable income is not so much. From my personal experience. Keep it around £500 for a single applicant that has someone that will accommodate you when you arrive in the UK.

In addition, the caseworker wants to establish 3 things.

1. Your personal circumstance (Do you have the money you claim to want to spend in your personal account and is the money more than your 3 months disposable income. (It doesn’t matter if you have a sponsor or not.)

2. You have strong ties to Nigeria (you can show this through professional work, Professional qualification exam you are currently writing, family, properties etc)

This is why I will advise that you don’t quote so much money if you have a low disposable income.

3. Is your reason for visiting genuine enough.

For my own application I was only earning 130k disposable income as at that time and I was doing my ACCA exam in Nigeria when I applied. I used my ACCA exam as my ties simply because I am not married and have a low disposable income. (With God’s grace and information i got on this platform,I was given).

For my mum, I stated she is a petty trader, No registered company, No CAC documents. No tax clearance certificate. I didn’t even add pictures of her Shop. I just explained that the income she is getting is sales she makes from her petty trade.

I will advise newbies to please take time to read alot on this forum. The information here is a big live saver. I learnt many of the info from this forum.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mashaunola: 9:57am On Apr 17
iamademola:

It’s nothing to worry about. I got the same email and the application was successful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JaySterling: 4:15pm On Apr 17
Cashmadam:

Good afternoon. Let's leave the budget for now.

I don't quite understand the percentages you have apportioned to the budget.

Furthermore, please note that your company cannot sponsor a vacation - even if you own it 100%.

The money you need should be saved in your account, or wife's account or both of your accounts.

If you own the company and you have money saved there, you cannot use that money as proof of funds. You are expected to pay yourself a monthly salary and save from that monthly salary towards your trip.

I hope I'm not missing anything. Let us know if you need further support.

Thank you for this information

Please, in my visa application, will I upload both my personal savings account statement or I would also upload my company account statement.

Would only my savings account suffice ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:37pm On Apr 17
JaySterling:
Thank you for this information

Please, in my visa application, will I upload both my personal savings account statement or I would also upload my company account statement.

Would only my savings account suffice ?

You can upload both.

However, emphasis that the funds for the trip will come from your savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JaySterling: 10:18pm On Apr 17
Cashmadam:

You can upload both.

However, emphasis that the funds for the trip will come from your savings.
I don’t want to upload my company account statement

Because there are lots of unexplainable funds there. Please can I skip it, will this affect my visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:23pm On Apr 17
JaySterling:
I don’t want to upload my company account statement

Because there are lots of unexplainable funds there. Please can I skip it, will this affect my visa application?

Yes, You Can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Candybright: 12:17am On Apr 18
Please are there no free submission date in Ikeja, I've been checking and nothing. Is there a particular time to check for date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Candybright: 12:33am On Apr 18
Thegamingorca:

Give your appointments 3 weeks or so else you'll keep meeting Flexi and premium appointments which cost a fortune
Any idea how much Flexi appointment cost? Is it same with premium lounge/walk in ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.