Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846548 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Frankko2003: 8:17am On Apr 30
giselle237:

How does one mistakenly click student? If you guys need help can you stop all these childish lies?
Onto your refusal, you did money lodgement to inflate your account. That you wrote a cover letter alone does not suffice, they must see evidence pointing to that and corroborating that.

I didn’t inflate my account, I sold some of ny things to pay off my tuition deposit in Canada where I’m resuming class in September, the credit in my account didn’t even stay cause I converted it to dollars the next day to pay my tuition. I added my Canadian school receipts of payment as explanation. I only put student by mistake, I didn’t know what I was thinking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:34am On Apr 30
Frankko2003:
Pls guys good afternoon, I already got my Canadian visa and I’m trying to apply for a uk tourist visa, I want to know up I can upload my documents on the site or I’ll have to take the original copies to the embassy?
I will appreciate any assistance.
I’m going to visit my friend and I have only £3900 in savings however and my trip cost £1000 out of which my sister is paying £700 as my sponsor. She has over £13,000 and also sponsored my Canada visa.
Do you think it’ll fly? Please help a brother.
You were forewarned to avoid this though. If you already have your Canadian visa, I’d advice you face Canada and when you settle in in Canada, then retry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:35am On Apr 30
Frankko2003:

I didn’t inflate my account, I sold some of ny things to pay off my tuition deposit in Canada where I’m resuming class in September, the credit in my account didn’t even stay cause I converted it to dollars the next day to pay my tuition. I added my Canadian school receipts of payment as explanation. I only put student by mistake, I didn’t know what I was thinking.
ok sir.
I responded above.
Selling off your things again can not prove your ties to Nigeria and looks shady to the visa officer especially as there was no proof of the origin of all the funds. Go to Canada. Leave UK and settle down in Canada, then retry from there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 10:35am On Apr 30
No that was not the reason for the denial, someone suggested it cud complicate and confuse the ECO and it does not really help my case.
I know i have to disclose they will b travelling too.

If they are not meticulous enough they cud be confused. Or how best can I present this to b clear enough?
I think i even included the copy US passport in the 2022 application.

Including them will futher drive my budget up.

Cashmadam:

I suggest you include them in the cover letter - as the US citizens will be travelling with you. In addition, you might need to include them in the budget - because they will also need tickets and money for other expenses. Why do you want to exclude them? Do you think they caused your earlier refusal? Kindly clarify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 10:47am On Apr 30
I saved the advise some one was help me with budgeting which was a major reason for th3 denial.
The budget is only for applicants. Don't complicate things by mentioning your other child's budget etc. The sponsor's account should be clean too; to prevent any issues. He can provide a cover letter of authorization and sponsorship stating how much he is supporting with, the breakdown of the budget and any unexplained deposits in the account.

Nnekkyneks:
No that was not the reason for the denial, someone suggested it cud complicate and confuse the ECO and it does not really help my case.
I know i have to disclose they will b travelling too.

If they are not meticulous enough they cud be confused. Or how best can I present this to b clear enough?
I think i even included the copy US passport in the 2022 application.

Including them will futher drive my budget up.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamDozzy(m): 11:16am On Apr 30
Please how do I book an appointment with TLS. The book appointment option is greyed out. When I click on amen. It does not proceed to check out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 11:46am On Apr 30
Please can I add more documents on my appointment date? Even if it means paying tls

I choose self service and have already submitted

Cc @cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 12:46pm On Apr 30
VISA ALERT!

Biometrics - April 22, 2024
Transferred to DMC - April 22, 2024
Received at DMC - April 23, 2024
Collection Mail - April 30, 2024

Passport collected with 6 Months Visa - April 30, 2024

Documents Submitted:
1. 1 salary account and 2 savings accounts with less than N150k total balances altogether. All 6 Months.
2. 6 Months payslips
3. Introduction letter from employer stating gross salary.
4.Spouses data page and current UK visit visa.
5. Two fixed deposits certificates and letter/statement from one of the investment houses.
6. Pension letter and statement.
7. No cover letter. All explanations were done n the additional information column.

I used to be a frequent flier to the UK and also studied there but havent travelled out since 2015.

Cheers all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 1:41pm On Apr 30
ace101:
VISA ALERT!

Documents Submitted:
1. 1 salary account and 2 savings accounts with less than N150k total balances altogether. All 6 Months.
2. 6 Months payslips
5. Two fixed deposits certificates and letter/statement from one of the investment houses.
7. No cover letter. All explanations were done n the additional information column.

I used to be a frequent flier to the UK and also studied there but havent travelled out since 2015.

Cheers all.

Wow congrats
You mean your account balance was just 150k?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 2:06pm On Apr 30
Thanks a lot. Yes, just 150k. Forgot to add, i included marriage certificate as well.

The fixed deposits i had added to N5.8M which i put as savings and i got a letter stating i have immediate access to the funds. and i told them i would spend £2,500.00 for 2 weeks.

tuco02:

Wow congrats
You mean your account balance was just 150k?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30
ace101:
VISA ALERT!

Documents Submitted:
2. 6 Months payslips

Cheers all.

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻
Did you use priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 2:24pm On Apr 30
Thanks o. No. it was standard. I think applications have been a bit faster now. Not as many people have been applying because of the exchange rates compared to 1-2 years ago.

Naijagram:

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻
Did you use priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30
ace101:
Thanks o. No. it was standard. I think applications have been a bit faster now. Not as many people have been applying because of the exchange rates compared to 1-2 years ago.

I used standard service too o.
PH centre...
I did biometric since 17th April.
No mail from them yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 3:35pm On Apr 30
Oh! all the best bro. Mine was Abuja centre.

Naijagram:

PH centre...
No mail from them yet

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by blackbone989(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30
In getting medical certificate,must i use a government hospital?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 7:02pm On Apr 30
tuco02:
Please can I add more documents on my appointment date? Even if it means paying tls

Cc @cashmadam

Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30
Naijagram:

PH centre...
No mail from them yet

I didn’t know one can do standard service in PH centre and my wife had to travel to Lagos for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30
Please who has an idea about this.

I applied for my wife’s visa and they requested for a Police Character certificate which I have submitted yesterday and they have received it, I’m now wondering how long it will take for a decision to be made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30
tuco02:

Hello
Go there with the documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30
splendorian:

I didn’t know one can do standard service in PH centre and my wife had to travel to Lagos for it.

For now there’s no priority or super priority visa service in PH centre. It’s just standard service and the fee is N246,250
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ithaca(f): 8:38pm On Apr 30
LeoJassy:

where you able to do the biometric on that that

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:56pm On Apr 30
tuco02:

Cc @cashmadam

yes, you can. Just take the document with you and pay for the upload.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 10:06pm On Apr 30
Cashmadam:

yes, you can. Just take the document with you and pay for the upload.

Thanks.

And please can I add mortagage letter from bank saying I own the house im living in because im yet to finish paying so the papers are not with me.

Cc @cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damoceile: 10:27pm On Apr 30
[i][/i]I'm 30 years old my cousin wants to apply for a tourist visa for me, he's a British citizen.. He's going to be taking up the whole expenses for my stay there.. But my problem now is not having anything to show that I have ties to my home country(Nigeria) like a landed property or a house and I also don't have a good paying job here in Nigeria either..

If this cannot work what other option do you think we can go for? Suggestions pls..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damoceile: 12:24am On May 01
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:56am On May 01
tuco02:

Thanks.

And please can I add mortagage letter from bank saying I own the house im living in because im yet to finish paying so the papers are not with me.

Cc @cashmadam

Yes, you can. That will be a good idea.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:58am On May 01
damoceile:
[i][/i]I'm 30 years old my cousin wants to apply for a tourist visa for me, he's a British citizen.. He's going to be taking up the whole expenses for my stay there.. But my problem now is not having anything to show that I have ties to my home country(Nigeria) like a landed property or a house and I also don't have a good paying job here in Nigeria either..

If this cannot work what other option do you think we can go for? Suggestions pls..

Not a good idea...

Low paying job, no property, cousin sponsoring the trip.

However, if you want to try, let's see how we can help. Start with the form. We will come to the documents later..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CptWalter: 1:59am On May 01
Please how long did it take to get a biometric appointment in Abuja?

ace101:
VISA ALERT!

Documents Submitted:
2. 6 Months payslips

Cheers all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CptWalter: 2:10am On May 01
Hey guys, not sure if this has been asked before, I have combed through the threads and couldn't see any similar query.

For student visa application, after paying IHS and visa fees, can i remove the POF or it has to remain until the visa comes out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 4:49am On May 01
Cashmadam:

Yes, you can. That will be a good idea.

Ok. Thank you ..I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrMagnetic: 5:22am On May 01
Hello Cashmadam, please can I have a private chat with you? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 5:58am On May 01
Hello, I checked on the 17th of April and got a free date for 22nd of April.

CptWalter:
Please how long did it take to get a biometric appointment in Abuja?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: alert20 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.