Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Prospect Of Being A Zoologist - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prospect Of Being A Zoologist (4020 Views)

Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / Prospect Of CIMA (Chartered Institute Of Management Accounting) Holders In NG? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by KHEMMISTRY(f): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
What do u think of zoology as a course?
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by AjanleKoko: 10:05am On Jun 28, 2011
Not much prospects in Nigeria.
Look for something else to do.
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by yamakuza: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2011
1. Did u just write jamb and were offered that course, or is that ur surest ticket into uni?

2. Did u just graduate as that and are considering it as a fulltime career?

I know someone who finished with first class zoology and was taken by diamond bank, so dynamics vary.
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by AjanleKoko: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2011
yamakuza:

1. Did u just write jamb and were offered that course, or is that your surest ticket into uni?

2. Did u just graduate as that and are considering it as a fulltime career?

I know someone who finished with first class zoology and was taken by diamond bank, so dynamics vary.

A first class in anything will be of interest to many companies' graduate programs.
However, I doubt that is the issue with OP. I assumed she was offered zoology as an admission option. If she is looking for the monetary benefits the zoology certificate can fetch her, as most Nigerians tend to do these days, she'll definitely be disappointed. It's just another degree that means little.
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by yamakuza: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
I quite agree. Dont mean to tackle u, just want to paint some pictures.

1. With the way admission is nowadays, waiting for medilag admission vs taking up d zoo offer and rewriting jamb while in school.

Add to that the fact that surplus pharm and med students are actually diverted to the biological sciences, to cross over in part 2.

2. Should she not be able to cross or scale jamb again, finishing with zoo, even 3rd class is not a total loss if she knows her way.

I am looking at things from the point of gaining admission, not job prospects.
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by Seun(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2011
If you can get a first class in any course, even Zoology, you won't have problems getting a job.
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by AjanleKoko: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2011
yamakuza:

I quite agree. Dont mean to tackle u, just want to paint some pictures.

1. With the way admission is nowadays, waiting for medilag admission vs taking up d zoo offer and rewriting jamb while in school.

Add to that the fact that surplus pharm and med students are actually diverted to the biological sciences, to cross over in part 2.

2. Should she not be able to cross or scale jamb again, finishing with zoo, even 3rd class is not a total loss if she knows her way.

I am looking at things from the point of gaining admission, not job prospects.

You know, why not just do something really easy, if it's about gaining admission?
Re: Prospect Of Being A Zoologist by yamakuza: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
@mods:

'A good IT training' topic in the career adverts section needs moving.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Is MTN Against Nigerian Employees? / Companies That Demand 2.1's Are Limiting Themselves / Custom N NSDC Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.