Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game (31952 Views)

AFCON 2021: Why Referee, Janny Sikazwe Stopped Tunisia Vs Mali Early / Referree Janny Sikazwe Who Officiated Tunisia Match Was Suspended In 2018!! / Janny Sikazwe Twice Blows Too Early For Full-time In Mali's 1-0 win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
Shamed AFCON ref claims he was hallucinating with 'heatstroke' during Tunisia game
Janny Sikazwe gained notoriety during the Africa Cup of Nations fixture between Tunisia and Mali after blowing early for full time not once but twice in hugely controversial scenes

By Nick Murphy

The referee who infamously blew early for full-time not once but twice in the Africa Cup of Nations fixture between Tunisia and Mali claims he was lucky he "didn't go into a coma" and could've died from heatstroke.

Janny Sikazwe of Zambia was the subject of ridicule and controversy after twice signalling the end of the match prematurely during the group stage fixture.

Not content with incorrectly blowing for full-time in the 85th minute, prompting confused looks from both sets of players, he then ended the match before the 90 minute mark.

In between those two huge errors, he also found time to dish out a contentious red card to Mali forward El Bilal Toure.

Janny Sikazwe was the man at the centre of the controversy

Tunisia, who were 1-0 down and would have expected a reasonable chunk of injury time, were furious with the official as their staff and substitutes poured onto the pitch to remonstrate with the decision.

Some time after the 'final' whistle had blown, CAF officials instructed the teams to go back out and complete the tie, interrupting a Mali press conference to deliver the information.

Mali went back out to finish the game, but Tunisia did not reappear.

Sikazwe, the referee at the centre of the controversy, was later taken to hospital with sun stroke, and the premature whistler has since claimed that 'he could've died' from the heat.

The referee blew early for full-time on two occasions

"I have seen people going for duties outside the country and come back in a casket," he said.

"I was very close to coming back like that.

"I was lucky I didn't go into a coma. It would have been a very different story.

"The doctors told me my body was not cooling down. It would have been just a little time before [I would have gone] into a coma, and that would have been the end.

"I think God told me to end the match. He saved me."

His decision sparked furious protests by the Tunisian players

Speaking to Zambian media after returning to his homeland, Sikazwe argued that the weather in Limbe, where the match was held, was the reason for his bizarre decision making in the second half.

He said: "The weather was so hot, and the humidity was about 85 per cent.

"After the warm-up I felt the [conditions] were something else. We were trying to drink water but you could not feel the water quenching you - nothing.

"But we [match officials] believe we are soldiers and we go and fight.

Despite the protests, the referee stuck with his decision

"Everything I was putting on was hot. Even the communication equipment, I wanted to throw it away. It was so hot."

"I started getting confused. I could not hear anybody," he added.

"I reached the point where I could start hearing some noise and I thought someone was communicating with me and people were telling me 'no you ended the match'. It was a very strange situation.

"I was going through my head to find who told me to end the match. Maybe I was talking to myself, I don't know. That is how bad the situation was."

The referee blew early for full-time on two occasions

Source

1 Like

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by IfGodbeforus(m): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
People might not understand the man, but he definitely knows what he felt.

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Righteousness2(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
After the warm-up I felt the [conditions] were something else. We were trying to drink water but you could not feel the water quenching you - nothing.

What a terrible Experience. I begin to imagine what those in Hell right now are going through.

Reminds me of the Lazarus and the richman Encounter in the book of Luke in the HolyBible and the Plea of the rich man for a drop of water.

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Folks, JESUS Christ has Paid the Price for your Salvation. All you need is to Believe and Surrender to HIM, so as to be Born again and escape Hell.
Hell and Heaven are so Real!
If you Miss Heaven! You cannot Miss Hell Fire.
Come to JESUS today! HE is the Only way to Heaven.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
A
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Hndrrxxx(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Mumusaphire: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
Sorry. Robots are coming to replace u guys.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by slawormiir: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Make him shut up

Me know say them must advice am make he come up with something like this
Or else he go lose he job
Imagine a Zambia man dey tell me say him get hallucination heat stroke

Just like Ethiopian man dey tell us say him don tire just because he treck short distance....when he be say everybody know say na running for long distance be their talent for Ethiopia

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by sylve11: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
It's well.... cool
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by obembet(f): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
OLAADEGBU pls teach me how to create thread. I love the way u arrange ur thread.

How to add pictures in the middle of the messages

4 Likes

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by iamyemiakins(m): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Issokay
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Haryour12(m): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nawa o grin grin grin
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by WibusJaga: 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2022

He may not be far from saying the truth because there was absolutely no rational explanation for his action. Having said that, he probably needs to go for a psychiatric evaluation.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by obi4eze(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Useless excuse.

Didn't you know you weren't feeling fine before the tournament?

1 Like

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by xcesspaschal(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Thank God for life. An apologize will mend hrts.
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by oliidell(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
LMAO
Lamest excuse i've heard in my existence. make dem investigate this clown. im carry Mali straight win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by PNomsule: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
[b] Rebecca is a successful financier in the City of London. Her salary from her job with Malone, Howe, & Chambers is £80,470 for financial year 2020/21. In addition to salary, Rebecca also receives a bonus in December, which she elects to take in the form of shares, of £21,000. Having taken her bonus in this form for many years, Rebecca has built up a substantial share portfolio.

In January, Rebecca receives dividends from her shares of £12,865. Sensing the market has peaked, Rebecca then sells some shares for £31,889. When she acquired these shares in 2011 they were worth £17,000, so she has made a substantial profit.

Rebecca makes payments into her occupational pension of 8% of her salary. Rebecca is also extremely charitable. She donates £10,000 to the Dog and Cat Home, through a salary giving scheme and £5,000 to the Labour Party.

Rebecca wants to know how much money from her recent receipts she should set-aside for her 2021 tax return.

Calculate Rebecca's liability for income tax and national insurance. [/b]

Anyone to help with this question, there's a monetary reward.

2 Likes

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by sammysmiles(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
grin
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Newyorkitis(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
At least he has given us something to talk about, aside banditry and ritual killing and black soot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by IamSandra: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
God knows sha

Hi you can call us for your professional house painting at an affordable price . 070 8901 7788
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by MXray: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
He just messed up on the big stage. Imagine inviting this one to officiate world cup.

Meanwhile, if you are an entrepreneur and on Twitter...

Don't miss this space on Saturday

Set a reminder:

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1LyGBobDkwoJN

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by VcStunner(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
angry
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by money121(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
8l
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
He said: "I think God told me to end the match. He saved me." wink
Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Snapchat: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Baba Werey... Osiwin eniyan Lmao

1 Like

Re: Janny Sikazwe Was Hallucinating With 'Heatstroke' During Tunisia Game by Chukdobz20: 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
No wonder some referees make erratic decisions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Mohamed Salah Wins Premier League Player Of The Year Award(Photo) / Phil Foden And Pregnant Rebecca Cooke To Welcome Their Second Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.