Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse (2095 Views)

Dog Tied Up And Gang Raped In South Africa (Photo) / Married Woman Gang Raped In Front Of Her Husband In Cross River State. Photos / Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Jenniferchuma10: 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
A woman has said she was virtually “gang raped” in the Metaverse and that it felt like real life.

Woman claims she was virtually gang raped in Metaverse
Nina Jane Patel, the vice president of research for a rival metaverse company, claims she was “verbally and sexually harassed” and even “virtually gang raped” by a group of men within 60 seconds of logging into “Horizon Venues”, a VR world owned by Meta (formerly Facebook).

Horizon Worlds allows you to meet friends and strangers in a virtual world, where you have a digital avatar version of your body that moves as you do.

Though it allows you to chat to people, play games, and be immersed in the experience, it also has a dark side, as Patel’s experience shows.

Narrating her experience, Patel said: “3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped my avatar and took photos—as I tried to get away they yelled—’don’t pretend you didn’t love it’ and ‘go rub yourself off to the photo’.”

She added that she was “not accustomed to be spoken to in such derogatory ways, maybe back in 1996, but certainly not in 2021.”

Horizon Worlds has a feature called “Safe Zone”, which allows users to activate a protective bubble where nobody can interact with them, touch them or talk to them.

Unfortunately, Patel said that she froze, and that it “happened so fast and before I could even think about putting the safety barrier in place.”

Virtual harassment of women is common in many online spaces, but the fact that the Metaverse is in VR adds a physicality to the issue, and having a virtual body in the metaverse can make things feel a lot more real.

Patel said that: “Virtual reality has essentially been designed so the mind and body can’t differentiate virtual/digital experiences from real.

“In some capacity, my physiological and psychological response was as though it happened in reality.”

Back in December, another meta tester of Horizon Worlds claimed her avatar was groped by a stranger.

She said: “Sexual harassment is no joke on the regular internet, but being in VR adds another layer that makes the event more intense.
“Not only was I groped last night, but there were other people there who supported this behaviour which made me feel isolated in the Plaza.”
A spokesperson for Meta said: “Horizon Venues should be safe, and we are committed to building it that way.
“We will continue to make improvements as we learn more about how people interact in these spaces, especially when it comes to helping people report things easily and
reliably.”

Copied from �
https://www.trendinghub.ng/woman-claims-she-was-virtually-gang-raped-in-metaverse/
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by realstars: 11:41pm On Feb 03, 2022
The secound comming of sodom in our time.
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Tmberwolf1: 11:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
I find this fuc*ing hilarious grin grin grin... Virtually raped, can she also get virtually pregnant?

13 Likes

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Abdelux223: 11:50pm On Feb 03, 2022
The woman na werey o grin
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by PlaysNigeria: 12:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Women and drama.
Coochie matters grin

9 Likes

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Ahmback(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2022
Dem never launch project, e still dey testing stage this vagina people have started with their madness. Next one go be domestic "vawulence" now. Mumu people

3 Likes

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Righteousness2(m): 7:55am On Feb 04, 2022
Knowing the shortness of the times, the devil is going nuclear through Demonic inventions to grab as many as he can. Unfortunately many Worldwide are falling sheepishly like sheep being led to the slaughter.

The Metaverse is Satan's kingdom! Know this and know Peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by illicit(m): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2022
The world is going bananas
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by FuckDModz: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2022
They will soon introduce virtual police because of women.
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Franzinni: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2022
They are investing in the virtual world early with the me too tactic.

Dem rape you for VR and you couldnt remove the VR device from your coconut head ... you instead enjoyed the experience and came to cry after you realised that there is potential to trend with such topic ...FOHH

1 Like

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by alexvic12: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
This is all shades of wrong! We are trying to fight rape in the physical world and some idiots are moving it to the virtual space? haba!
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by shilenji(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Wahala gidi leleyi o grin
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by pacino26(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
Nawa o! Been raped virtually when you can disconnect or log out. Is she trying to advertise the app for being near to reality or the usual victim card?

Wahala dey come
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Boogyman557: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by talk2hb1(m): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Tooh, I will pretend to understand
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by crestedaguiyi: 10:30am On Feb 04, 2022
wetin we no go see for metaverse
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by CriticMaestro: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2022
virtually i was raped, i was virtually raped... all na English sha
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by willbayo(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2022
That dramatic gender
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by MufasaLion: 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
WTF?

This is so hilarious!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Ezebinaugwu(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
Na virtual court on metaverse go handle this one be that
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Karemarealty288(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
See metaverse rapists

Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by 12Monkeys: 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Crappy promotion Mr Zuckerberg.

Anyone who signs up for this jewish matrix deserves to raped of all their shekels.

Imagine signing away your life to live in a Jewish simulated hell hole
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by IfGodbeforus(m): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
This is a very weird one. Lalasticlala
Re: Woman Claims She Was Virtually Gang Raped In Metaverse by Clinton999: 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
I'm short of word cheesy

Dem feminists dem do kolo grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos D!es / Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos / Recovery Btc Yahoo Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.