Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada (44515 Views)

Doctor Oluwafemi Esho Exchanged Free Treatment For Sex With Patient, Tribunal / National Hugging Day: Five Health Benefits Of Hugging / Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Ebubu3: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2022

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta Tribunal has suspended a Canada-based Nigerian doctor for getting intimate with his colleague at work.

It was learnt that the medical doctor identified as Efe Ovueni was suspended for three months over unprofessional conduct by hugging and blowing a kiss at her co-worker without her consent.

The doctor was also fined $3,000 and is liable for the undisclosed cost of the hearing and investigation. With the fine and suspension which takes immediate effect, Ovueni has been banned from medical practice for over 90 days.

The suspension was announced on Thursday following a hearing by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) tribunal — the hearing was concluded in December 2021.

The doctor was found to have committed the offence on January 21, 2020. The doctor admitted his unprofessional conduct during the tribunal hearing, promising to turn a new leaf.

“Ovueni’s practice permit shall be suspended for a period of three months, with two weeks to be served on dates acceptable to the Complaints Director and completed within six months of the date the Hearing Tribunal issues its written decision and 2.5 months held in abeyance on the condition that no further boundary concerns come to the attention of the Complaints Director and are referred to an investigation for a period of five years after the date the Hearing Tribunal issues its written decision,” the tribunal held.

The tribunal also said that the doctor’s actions did not meet the criteria for sexual misconduct under the Health Professions Act since the victim was a member of staff and not a patient.

“Rather, this was a case of a boundary violation between a physician and a co-worker, demonstrating unprofessional conduct that was wholly unacceptable,” the tribunal’s report added.

Continuing, the tribunal report read, “If further boundary concerns come to the attention of the Complaints Director and are referred to an investigation within five years from the date the Hearing Tribunal issues its written decision, the Complaints Director shall be at liberty to impose the remaining 2.5 months suspension on Dr. Ovueni’s practice permit.

“If no further boundary concerns come to the attention of the Complaints Director and are referred to an investigation within five years from the date the Hearing Tribunal issues its written decision, the remaining 2.5-month suspension shall expire.”
https://punchng.com/tribunal-suspends-nigerian-doctor-for-hugging-colleague-in-canada/?amp

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
grin Naija man don carry him own go there, even compliments na sexual advances so better keep to yourself cheesy

196 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
This rule is quite weird if I must say..
But still on still I guess he understood the code and conducts tho.. undecided

Well next time I hope he watches his step before doing anything unethical.. cheesy wink

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ebubu3:

Efe Ovueni was suspended for three months over unprofessional conduct by hugging and blowing a kiss at her co-worker without her consent.

shocked

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by inoki247: 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
Wahala no too much for Abroad like diz....

Ordinary Hug wey we dey use catch cruise wey people dey use du prank here sef na him dey put person for wahala over dere...

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nukilia: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
So many actions that we take for a joke in Nigeria are serious criminal offenses in a sane world.
That reminds me of Krest Man and Otobolizer lipsrsealed

102 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nowadays, most laws, especially in Western countries are traps for men. It's just so unfair!

If it was a woman who hugged a male colleague and blew him kisses, nobody would have reported anything or seen it as a big deal.

Men, be careful, the devil is using women to destroy men's lives these days.

324 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by joyandfaith: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Loewe:
Nowadays most laws, especially in Western countries are traps for men. It's just so unfair!

If it was a woman who hugged a male colleague and blew him kisses, without his consent, nobody would have reported anything or seen it as a big deal.

Men be careful, the devil is using women to destroy men's destiny these days.

Because men have been oppressing women ages. Even virgin girls were used for sacrifices in the past. Women must be protected if we want to develop like them.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
TANTUMERGO007:
grin Naija man don carry him own go there, even compliments na sexual advances so better keep to yourself cheesy
na woman

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Because men have been oppressing women ages. Even virgin girls were used for sacrifices in the past. Women must be protected if we want to develop like them.

You're saying nonsense. Do you know what the average man passes through while women are given softer rules and preferential treatment?
You're talking about history, were men spared in the cruel history of humanity?

How many times have police men harassed you on the road just for being a woman?

How many times have you disrespected men and got away with it?

How many women dress half naked and still claim right despite the visual harassment.

Please just getat!

209 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
Loewe:
Nowadays most laws, especially in Western countries are traps for men. It's just so unfair!

If it was a woman who hugged a male colleague and blew him kisses, without his consent, nobody would have reported anything or seen it as a big deal.

Men be careful, the devil is using women to destroy men's destiny these days.
na woman

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This rule is quite weird if I must say..
But still on still I guess he understood the code and conducts tho.. undecided

Well next time I hope he watch his step before doing anything unethical.. cheesy wink
na woman
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nukilia:
So many actions that we take for a joke in Nigeria are serious criminal offenses in a sane world.
That reminds me of Krest Man and Otobolizer lipsrsealed
woman to woman hug
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nonexisting:
The male specie is endangered now so wise up guys. The street is no longer safe, no thanks to wicked daughters of Jezebel and beta men who lick their pussies. It's better to embrace masturbation if you can't control your dick. When you have sex, make it transactional and try to always have recording of every session to protect yourself. Even if she is your girlfriend, try buy her gift before every sex no matter how small the gift is, it will serve as transaction. Even ordinary fancy chewing gum will serve that purpose. Buy a spare phone with big storage space and memory card to record every moment with vaginarians, you never know when it will be a saving grace. These witches will never attack you until success knocks at your door so better be prepared.
na woman.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2022
jesmond3945:
na woman

Very soon all that one go end. That (in)equality go make every men wise up and say "na human"...

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Dreambeat: 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Most of these laws are not fair to the male folks. A female white colleague crossed her hand on my neck sometime back, I did not make a fuse about it neither did anyone else. If na me try am now, maybe dem for call meeting for me. The truth is that always know the place where you live or work, be mindful of their rules both written and unwritten. Most importantly know about the people's culture, this will save you a lot,it will prevent you from putting yourself in trouble

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by otokx(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
Some people just be commenting without reading.

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by MrSamsung(m): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
There is one attitude I noticed about women most especially abroad and white women......if you are not handsome as in not just handsome but beautiful as a man or they don't fancy you at all you can easily get into trouble with them by being labeled this and that.

In thier mind they are like "that idiot and pompous guy(a handsome/beautiful guy) that I fancy or crushing on is not even looking at me in the eyeballs talkless of touching me or getting intimate with me but you this monkey or nonentity is" At this point you even become an irritant.

Advise to men most especially black men........RESPECT YOURSELVES & LANE.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by jesmond3945: 11:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
Loewe:

Very soon all that one go end. That (in)equality go make every men wise up and say "na human"...
i mean nigerian woman hug white woman without her consent.
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
jesmond3945:
i mean nigerian woman hug white woman without her consent.

The article says in the first paragraph " getting intimate with his colleague"

Abi possessive pronoun for man don change?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
jesmond3945:
na woman
Na woman what? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by ImoleNaija: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
He learnt minding oneself around a female the hard way

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Cmanforall: 11:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
Oh mehn...
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Naiira(m): 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
A society that works

We let so many abnormalities slide in this country; we need a value change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by abbey621(m): 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
Let work remain work, no matter how big her back side or tits are just say NO! Remember even if she allows it, the moment you lose your job you become persona non grata, irrelevant....So guys don't dull, chop but chop with sense, let no pekus come between you and your livelihood.......May the gods not forsake us!

24 Likes

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by shadrach77: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
There is more to the story. There is no way a hug and a kiss would land someone in hot water like this.

He had probably been making sexual advances at the lady in question. cry

NB: The story sounds slightly confusing. The story appears to be reporting about a woman but features the picture of a man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
Re: Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
abbey621:
Let work remain work, no matter how big her back side or tits are just say NO! Remember even if she allows it, the moment you lose your job you become persona non grata, irrelevant....So guys don't dull, chop but chop with sense, let no pekus come between you and your livelihood.......May the gods not forsake us!
It's a woman... Okay? Defend her... undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys / Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.