Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,085 members, 7,859,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks (683 Views)

Man Armed With Knife Attacks Passers-by, Including Children, Shouts Allah Akbar / [graphics] Prison Inmate Brutally Knife Attacks Four Handcuff Men / 17-Year-Old Girl Cuts Off Her Boyfriend's Manhood In Jigawa With A Knife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
You can hunt, eat, and create with a blade, making it one of the most necessary instruments on this planet. And,in the right hands, a knife is a gruesome tool for the battlefield and beyond. Let’s face it, if you’re in a confrontation involving knives then you’re in for pure chaos in motion where you’ll more than likely walk away with some painful souvenirs. There are plenty of knife fighting styles being touted as the best, but only a handful lay out credible systems to give you a decent chance at prevailing in cold steel combat.
Of all the possible topics an instructor can misinform students about, defense against a knife attack is by far the most dangerous. Anyone who claims to be an expert with a knife and teaches blocking, empty-hand disarms and low horse stances might as well be teaching students to catch bullets in their teeth, most of this self-proclaimed knife experts can be found on YouTube deceiving the viewers making it look easy defending yourself against a knife attack.
Since our safety and survival is important, some people might decide to join a Mcdojo for some knife defense drills......but remember that there are some things you need to consider, namely;
1.The owner was in the military or has trained military personnel.

2. Instructors welcome questions and answer them thoroughly.

3. The sessions include sparring rounds that simulate real combat.

4. The lineage of the main instructor goes back to a notable practitioner of the system.

5. Higher ranked students at the training center are able to teach concepts and techniques well.
The real fact is that nobody is immune to knives, the will to survive enhances the skills you gain, so training realistic rounds is crucial. Drilling is critical to refine angles and techniques, but simulating the real deal is where you’ll gain the confidence and proper reactions to give yourself a fighting chance.
In conclusion, what can you do if you face a knife attack?
First, you should run. It has been said that to defend against a blade, you must first learn how to fight with one; and the more you learn about fighting with one, the more you will respect the damage that it can inflict.
All a blade has to do is make contact with you, the attacker does not even have to be particularly skilled to seriously hurt you. Instructors who would have you disarm a razor-wielding attacker are living in a fantasy land. They do not understand the grim reality of knife fighting because they haven't experienced it. However fun or romantic it may be to picture yourself snatching a knife from a mugger's hand, the decision to try could be the last decision you ever make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by ObamaMessi: 12:05am On Feb 24, 2022
Na so one mugu come talk say him go teach me how to block knife attack within three weeks and I go pay him 10k.I tell am say I go use that money buy the knife.

1 Like

Re: The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by realstars: 1:07am On Feb 24, 2022
The best fight is blade fight, it is for the legend.
Re: The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 26, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Na so one mugu come talk say him go teach me how to block knife attack within three weeks and I go pay him 10k.I tell am say I go use that money buy the knife.
Real life situations need real Techniques and years of experience
Re: The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 26, 2022
realstars:
The best fight is blade fight, it is for the legend.
Don't forget the risk involved...... it's only for legends as you said

1 Like

Re: The Bladed Hand: Myths & Facts Of Defense Against Knife Attacks by ObamaMessi: 4:22am On Feb 26, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Real life situations need real Techniques and years of experience
Yes, not disputing that.But when it becomes clear that one wants to make you a scapegoat of his poverty you should be wise.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Flogged By Her Boyfriend In Kwara Speaks They Shouldn’t jail boyfriend / Man Confronts Police Men For 'holding Him Like A Thief' After Searching Him / Village Of Death: People Are Killed Like Chickens Here. Read In The Article Belo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.