Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is (289 Views)

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? / It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money / Network Marketing May Not Be As Bad As It Sounds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 05, 2022
I learned an important lesson in life. If it sounds too good to be true, that’s probably because it is. Learned that the hard way myself. Got to the rock bottom, but always bounced back. I’m now 36, almost 37. I was born and raised in Belgium (Europe) so yeah you can call me rich to Nigerian standards. I’m in a situation where I take too much for granted I admit. I’m spoiled to some extent for sure.
Yet here I am. On Nairaland, reaching out to you.
Yet here I am.

I don’t even know why I’m posting this at 3AM in the morning.
I started a new account on Nairaland only a few days ago and I already see a magnitude of problems for Nigerians. Seriously, a magnitude.
I see opportunities for me, but also feel compassionate with the people of Nigeria. In the end we are all humans. All brothers and sisters. Here on this planet with the same problems, same goals, same dreams, same love, same hate.

Every human has needs. One may have more basic needs, one may have more advanced needs. One could be happy with a 20-year old car, while another needs the latest brand new one and still be unhappy.
But in the end we are all humans. With the same insecurities, the same sins, the same doubts and the same mistakes.
Everyone wishes for the same in the end. Happiness, peace of mind, thriving. Doing better than the day before. Being able to feed their children. Give them a better future than they had themselves. Yet it’s only reality to some we think. Here in Europe we call them the happy few. The 1%.

I want this to be a warning, yet a message of hope. I want to warn you that there are hijackers on the coast. Trying to take what’s yours to make theirs better.

And I do understand. Everyone wants to thrive. Some want to do it in an honest way. Others are hopeless enough to turn their life into a scam and steal from others. Yet again, I want this to be a warning. Coming from someone who does have the funds, who does have the tech, who does have the infrastructure, who does have the healthcare. I want this to be a warning.
Never ever forget the name of this topic. If it sounds too good to be true, that’s probably because it is. I read a lot of sketchy stuff here on Nairaland. Trying to steal the last money from people already in need, promising them the world. Promising them fulfillment of their dreams. Promising them a better life. Promising them a ticket out of misery.
But I’m here to warn you brothers and sisters. Follow your belly feeling. If you need to ask if it’s real, if you need to ask if this is the solution, if you need to ask if this is finally your ticket out. Then I can promise you it will not be.

I hear you say, that white boy has it easy to talk, from his luxury position. I can promise you though, and my Nigerian friend's family can vouch for me, I’m concerned about your life. About your needs, about your dreams and your troubles.
I can’t save the entire world though. I don’t have Jeff Bezos kind of funds. I can’t save entire Africa and do right where the damn colonists have all done harm. But I can do what I’m good at. I can spread hope. As I said before, I want this to be a warning, but also a message of hope.

But there is hope for you my friends. That hope is not where you expect. The hope is not in money, not in ownership, not in immigration, not in cryptocurrency, not in scams.
The hope is you. Your entire inner being. The mental strength that you have or still are developing. The hope lies in Nigeria itself.
You can not imagine the strength you have in yourself. The power that lies within yourself. I know it will not be an easy task. Not from the position you are sitting in right now.
But I want you to find hope in yourself. And grab onto it and never let it go again.
Will everyone be saved? Absolutely not. Saying that would be a lie. It would be a sin for me to do if nothing bad is going on in your life. Not everyone will be saved.
But there is hope.
There is future.
Nigeria is one of the fastest growing markets. More stable and higher speed internet is coming in the upcoming years. More need for knowledge is created.
I want you to find hope in yourself. Don’t bet on the unstable cryptocurrency. Don’t bet on the scams. Don’t bet on the false promises and don’t bet on immigration that mostly only works out for a few.

But BET ON YOURSELF.
Make yourself a better human than you were yesterday. Educate yourself.
Make yourself skilled.
Educate yourself.
Love yourself.
Dream big.
Work hard.
Never give up.
Keep in mind easy money doesn’t exist.
Anyone promising that is only enriching himself/herself on your misery.
Success is built day by day. Minute by minute.
Instant success hardly ever existed at all.
Success is not luck. It’s a mindset, a lifestyle.

I’m here to give a message of hope. To listen to your stories, your concerns, your dreams. I’m not selling you anything. I’m not here to ask for money. I’m here because I wanted to be at 3AM at night from Belgium. I’m here because I want to change. I want to inspire. I want to bring hope and protect those that are in need and at the point of risking their last few dollars in the hopes that it brings them luck.
Never build dreams on other people. You can surround yourself with trustworthy people. You need that even to become successful. But never build your dreams on people.
Build your dreams on yourself.
Hope, dream, plan but also act to that plan. Because dreams without actions will always remain dreams.
The more effort you put in the change. The longer the change will last.

Be well, stay safe and love each other as you love yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by AllKnowing: 3:37am On Feb 05, 2022
I read to the end and you actually didn’t say anything.
Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 05, 2022
AllKnowing:

I can't disagree more on that but I respect your opinion nonetheless.
I didn't came with a ready-to-cook recipe for sure if that's what you mean.
I didn't handed the answer for sure.

But I came with a message to think about. Something I've put my heart into for sure.
Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by bmdmix11: 4:00am On Feb 05, 2022
sleep eye b typing
Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:23am On Feb 05, 2022
AllKnowing:

You probably thought he had come to share money, which is the only thing that matters to most Nigerians and other Africans.

There are important pieces of advice he chipped in there that are worth more than physical assets.

1 Like

Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by Nobody: 4:26am On Feb 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You probably thought he had come to share money, which is the only thing that matters to most Nigerians and other Africans.

There are important pieces of advice he chipped in there that are worth more than physical assets.

I don't blame though. I can somewhat understand the response I got when I think about it. Thank you for your comment. I highly appreciate.
Re: If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is by AllKnowing: 4:30am On Feb 05, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

He spells well. However, his thoughts do not flow into themselves. His style of writing doesn’t aid easy comprehension.

But indulge me, please. In 3 bullet points, make a total summary of what he attempted to say.

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Siblings In The US Army. / Enroll For CCTV Camera Installation And Electric Fence Installation / How To Produce Tomato Paste And Tomato Paste Market In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.