Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Addressing People Is Hard And Lucrative. This Is A Tested Secret. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Addressing People Is Hard And Lucrative. This Is A Tested Secret. (255 Views)

Are You In Search Of A Writer? Here's A Tested And Trusted Prolific Writer / Tested And Trusted Premium Quillbot Account For A Year At Cheap Price. / Life Is Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Addressing People Is Hard And Lucrative. This Is A Tested Secret. by marenx: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2022
By marenx the Writer

Addressing people without shaking is an asset I wanted to have since my secondary school years. A lot of people wanted to have this asset, but only a few out there have it.

It is easy for many people to post something on Facebook, talk to a stranger and even be an actor, but why is it difficult to stand before people and talk?

One day I was called to talk to my classmates and my lecturer on a topic I was given one week ago. I stood there until I felt I was alone paralyzing in the wilderness. I forgot all what I had planned to say.

Not only that, it took me more than a month to recover from the shame.

I told myself God didn’t create me to address people.

But when I began teaching in one school, a colleague told me something important. He said most graduates who hate teaching don’t hate it for poor salary structure but for finding it hard to stand before students and deliver a message. Most people I know who can stand before people and talk love teaching so I agreed with him.

And he told me the secret that changed my life.

He said: ‘Whenever I plan what to tell people, I end up saying it in a different way.’

And when he was given an opportunity to address assembly, I watched and observed him as he spoke.

And I noticed 3 things that distinguished him from me:

1. He didn’t worry about what he plans to say.
2. He didn’t cram what he plans to say and
3. He began by saying something he knew well (anecdotes).

I remembered stand-up comedians. My colleague was using the same techniques stand-up comedians are using.

Comedians never cram what to say: they solely depend on anecdotes.

The day I was asked to address many people I put all that to practice and my performance surprised me.

Using those techniques, I also unearth another secret: the use of silence--what finally makes me a big voice.

To be continued with the use of silence.....

1 Like

Re: Addressing People Is Hard And Lucrative. This Is A Tested Secret. by Danielkelly: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ride on sir, I am waiting.

(1) (Reply)

Whitepaper Writer / Greatest Love Quotes || Sensual Quotes | The Most Powerful Love Quotes Of All Ti / Admit Faults, Apologise Genuinely.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.