Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Repeated Victories. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repeated Victories. (108 Views)

Our Victories Excite God / Recent Swift Victories By Ethiopia Government / Pope Offers Valid Reason Why Baptism Cannot Be Repeated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repeated Victories. by AbundantLife05: 6:18am On Feb 06, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
REPEATED VICTORIES. 2 Corinthians 1:10
And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us. NLT.

Beloved friends, good morning and welcome to our discussion this morning. Today’s Topic is an interesting one, we will discuss; “Repeated Victories”. We will start with definition of terms. The first term to be defined is “repeat”, repeat according to Oxford Languages is to “do something again or more than once.” Words synonymous to it are; recurrent, frequent, persistent, continual and periodic. Also, victory according to dictionary.com is “a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.” From the terms defined above, we can deduce that “Repeated Victories” mean; consistent or continuous success in battle.

The question this definition raises is; which battle? The battle we are talking about are the battles of life. They are both physical and spiritual. The truth of the matter is that there are challenges we will face in this world as a result of our stay on earth. For example, Jesus talked about the tragedy that happened to eighteen people when a tower fell on them in Siloam in Lk 13:4. That was not spiritual, it was a physical tragedy. The truth of the matter is there are things in this world that will happen and battles that are not spiritual which can hinder us from living our best lives or even cause tragedy. Let me add an example for better understanding. Here in Nigeria, we pray for basic amenities, we don’t have good roads and this can cause accident. Although drivers drive recklessly but at times, bad roads can cause accident. Also, the case of unemployment in the country is not a spiritual problem, it is a result of a failed state affecting the socioeconomic life of her citizens. These are the physical battles I am talking about. However, irrespective of the physical battles that are out there, God is able to give us victory over them, not once, not twice but over and over.

Lets quickly move to the spiritual aspect, there are witchcraft and demonic activities in this world bringing battles to the lives of people. However, for both physical and spiritual battles, God has provided a system of victory for us in Christ Jesus and the victory is not once because till death, we will always face physical and spiritual battles, we will always face the devil and his cohort at regular interval because as I always say; the devil does not go on vacation. We only thank God that our God does not slumber or sleeps. Ps 121:4.

At this juncture, let us quickly look at the life of Apostle Paul, and see how God gave him repeated victory in his journey.

1. In the book of Acts 13:6-12, Paul faced the battle of Bar-Jesus who did not want Sergius Paulus to receive the gospel, thank God for the Holy Spirit who struck Bar-Jesus with blindness and gave Paul and Sergius victory.

2. The bible recorded another victory for Paul in Acts 14:2-3. He was in Iconium where some Jews poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against him but as this happened, God gave him power to do miracles, signs and wonders to back up his message about Christ.

3. After the event above, Paul moved to Lystra and there he performed a miracle by healing a crippled man and at this point, the devil stirred people up to worship Paul and Barnabas as gods. If they had accepted this, God would have been angry at them but they rejected it. Later, the minds of the people were poisoned against them and Paul was stoned to the point that they thought he was dead before he left there with Barnabas for Derby. Acts 14:8-20.

We have another case in Acts 19:23-41, the Gospel as preached by Paul made a rich silversmith called Demetrius angry because it affected his business and the Ephesian god Artemis who was losing popularity for the living God. Demetrius was able to cause confusion in the land but God protected Paul all through and the case against him did not stand.

Friends, we can go on and on about the Victories Paul enjoyed in his journey and other biblical characters like Elijah, Samuel, Moses, Elisha, David and Joshua but I am sure the example of Paul has given us the required understanding we need.

In addition, it is imperative to let you know that God gives repeated victory to his children whether physical or spiritual. What it means is that if he has ever healed you, he can still heal you again or make sure you don’t get sick again irrespective of what is going on. The same thing applies to casting out demons, prosperity, security and others. It even goes to the point of anointing, if God has anointed you before, he can move you from glory to glory on a regular basis.

Therefore, if you are yet to become a child of God and you want to become one to enjoy repeated victory, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email; visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Repeated Victories. by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:23am On Feb 06, 2022
AbundantLife05:
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
REPEATED VICTORIES. 2 Corinthians 1:10
And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us. NLT.

Beloved friends, good morning and welcome to our discussion this morning. Today’s Topic is an interesting one, we will discuss; “Repeated Victories”. We will start with definition of terms. The first term to be defined is “repeat”, repeat according to Oxford Languages is to “do something again or more than once.” Words synonymous to it are; recurrent, frequent, persistent, continual and periodic. Also, victory according to dictionary.com is “a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.” From the terms defined above, we can deduce that “Repeated Victories” mean; consistent or continuous success in battle.

The question this definition raises is; which battle? The battle we are talking about are the battles of life. They are both physical and spiritual. The truth of the matter is that there are challenges we will face in this world as a result of our stay on earth. For example, Jesus talked about the tragedy that happened to eighteen people when a tower fell on them in Siloam in Lk 13:4. That was not spiritual, it was a physical tragedy. The truth of the matter is there are things in this world that will happen and battles that are not spiritual which can hinder us from living our best lives or even cause tragedy. Let me add an example for better understanding. Here in Nigeria, we pray for basic amenities, we don’t have good roads and this can cause accident. Although drivers drive recklessly but at times, bad roads can cause accident. Also, the case of unemployment in the country is not a spiritual problem, it is a result of a failed state affecting the socioeconomic life of her citizens. These are the physical battles I am talking about. However, irrespective of the physical battles that are out there, God is able to give us victory over them, not once, not twice but over and over.

Lets quickly move to the spiritual aspect, there are witchcraft and demonic activities in this world bringing battles to the lives of people. However, for both physical and spiritual battles, God has provided a system of victory for us in Christ Jesus and the victory is not once because till death, we will always face physical and spiritual battles, we will always face the devil and his cohort at regular interval because as I always say; the devil does not go on vacation. We only thank God that our God does not slumber or sleeps. Ps 121:4.

At this juncture, let us quickly look at the life of Apostle Paul, and see how God gave him repeated victory in his journey.

1. In the book of Acts 13:6-12, Paul faced the battle of Bar-Jesus who did not want Sergius Paulus to receive the gospel, thank God for the Holy Spirit who struck Bar-Jesus with blindness and gave Paul and Sergius victory.

2. The bible recorded another victory for Paul in Acts 14:2-3. He was in Iconium where some Jews poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against him but as this happened, God gave him power to do miracles, signs and wonders to back up his message about Christ.

3. After the event above, Paul moved to Lystra and there he performed a miracle by healing a crippled man and at this point, the devil stirred people up to worship Paul and Barnabas as gods. If they had accepted this, God would have been angry at them but they rejected it. Later, the minds of the people were poisoned against them and Paul was stoned to the point that they thought he was dead before he left there with Barnabas for Derby. Acts 14:8-20.

We have another case in Acts 19:23-41, the Gospel as preached by Paul made a rich silversmith called Demetrius angry because it affected his business and the Ephesian god Artemis who was losing popularity for the living God. Demetrius was able to cause confusion in the land but God protected Paul all through and the case against him did not stand.

Friends, we can go on and on about the Victories Paul enjoyed in his journey and other biblical characters like Elijah, Samuel, Moses, Elisha, David and Joshua but I am sure the example of Paul has given us the required understanding we need.

In addition, it is imperative to let you know that God gives repeated victory to his children whether physical or spiritual. What it means is that if he has ever healed you, he can still heal you again or make sure you don’t get sick again irrespective of what is going on. The same thing applies to casting out demons, prosperity, security and others. It even goes to the point of anointing, if God has anointed you before, he can move you from glory to glory on a regular basis.

Therefore, if you are yet to become a child of God and you want to become one to enjoy repeated victory, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email; visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

I was blessed
So refreshing
Re: Repeated Victories. by Penshalom(f): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2022
This is encouraging for me. Blessed sir

(1) (Reply)

PLATINUM ANNIVERSARY: The Achbishop Of Canterbury, fecilitates Queen Elizabeth / How To Lower Your Anxiety Level (1) / Life's Seasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.