Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. (591 Views)

Salvation Is Free / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2022
You heard me right!

The bible said we are all sick all humans this sickness is called sin and God is administering treatment free of change, this treatment is Jesus christ.
We receive this cure by believing that truly he died of us and raised up for our justification.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Salvation is free!
Faith in Jesus plus nothing, not baptism, not restitution, not penance, no nothing just Jesus only.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:16am On Feb 06, 2022
Yea, u are right. However, one has to put his faith into work also. I.e by being the doer of what he or she believes, not just by words alone. The Book of James says: Faith without works is dead.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Yea, u are right. However, one has to put his faith into work also. I.e by being the doer of what he or she believes, not just by words alone. The Book of James says: Faith without works is dead.

Everyone knows this yet, they never listen.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Yes putting faith into works which itself is the evidence of salvation not the source.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Truvelisback(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
Steep:

Yes putting faith into works which itself is the evidence of salvation not the source.
Yea, Jesus is the Source.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Yea, Jesus is the Source.
Yeap 100%
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by SpiritLifeNG: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
Salvation is a gift , it is an impartation you reveive by grace. Yet , every gift must be stirred . There is a required consecration for the maintenance of every gift received , and for salvation it is by walking in the spirit so you may not fulfil the lust of the flesh... This is the labour Christians fail to labour, to work out their salvation in fear and trembling . So everyone quickly quotes the scripture that says " not by works but of grace , so no man can boast" .

It is not disputed that you received it by grace, but to maintain what you have freely received , you need a consecration which will require you to beat your flesh and bring it under death and under the subjection of the authority of Christ. This is a journey you will walk through by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:06am On Feb 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Everyone knows this yet, they never listen.

Well it's because they don't know how to go about the WORKS of FAITH!

Apostle Paul listed the names of people who were declared righteous by God due to their WORKS of FAITH. He mentioned what each of them did to prove their FAITH in God. Hebrews 11:4-31
But in this endtime what is the task given to obedient humans?
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God through whos counsel we can please God {Hebrews 1:1-2} he taught us so many things that we need to keep doing but since we need to go out and invite others he commissioned a preaching and teaching campaign that should be taking to the extremity of the earth. Act 1:8
All those who accept this teachings will have the same line of thought with God and Jesus {John 17:22} so that when they meet together they may continue to encourage one another to keep all the things Jesus commanded them! Matthew 28:19-20 compare to Hebrews 10:24-25

Satan initiated lots of sects claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all in the name of DENOMINATIONS {Matthew 13:25} thereby making a mess of the instructions Jesus gave his disciples so that no one could observe them and figure out what Jesus asked them to do so as to be different from the world! John 15:19; 17:14-16

That's what prompted the OP to open this thread saying salvation is all about faith in Jesus plus nothing. But the truth of the matter is that true FAITH in Jesus came with lots and lots of tasks otherwise the young Jewish ruler who had faith in Jesus won't be disappointed when Jesus told him that he must join his group and start doing the things the group are doing. If it's all about idle faith Jesus won't say that man who called him "good teacher" can't be saved because it's faith in Jesus that made him call Jesus "GOOD" but it's the task ahead that he couldn't bears! Luke18:18-23

Jesus said:

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23

What is the will of the FATHER?
Because ordinarily calling Jesus "Lord" can't save anyone, we must know the will of his father and do it before we can think of salvation! Matthew 15:8-9 smiley

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:06am On Feb 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well it's because they don't know how to go about the WORKS of FAITH!

And most importantly, THEY REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO IT NEITHER DO THEY WISH TO LEARN HOW TO GET IT RIGHT!

They clearly know that many of the wicked and evil things they love to do, would have to be put away.

And like the young rich ruler as you said, (Mathew 19:16-24) they are not happy to do so.

So now they are happy to device and manufacture their own personal/collective version of "Faith" and judging their own selves that they have satisfied God's Requirements.

Thank God, we are heading for the Day of Judgement and we shall see whether their judgement shall be affirmed and upheld by The True And Legitimate Court.

MaxInDHouse:

Satan initiated lots of sects claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all in the name of DENOMINATIONS {Matthew 13:25} thereby making a mess of the instructions Jesus gave his disciples so that no one could observe them and figure out what Jesus asked them to do so as to be different from the world! John 15:19; 17:14-16

Yes Satan has done his shit and everyone by now knows that, But God too has shown us how to distill Good from evil, Truth from Lies, Light from Darkness.

And with this, men have very clear and undisputable choices to make.

And like Honda is different Keke Marwa, men have chosen that which they like.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Faith in christ plus nothing! Amen
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Halleluyah
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
Haleluyah
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jesus is Lord
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by elated177: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
What is salvation?
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by elated177: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
Steep:
Haleluyah

What does that word mean?
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
elated177:

What does that word mean?
Halleluyah means God be praised.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by elated177: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Steep:
Halleluyah means God be praised.

Where is the word "god" in the word "hallelu YAH"?
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
elated177:

Where is the word "god" in the word "hallelu YAH"?
Yah which is the short form of yahweh is the name of God.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Ken4Christ: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
Steep:
You heard me right!

The bible said we are all sick all humans this sickness is called sin and God is administering treatment free of change, this treatment is Jesus christ.
We receive this cure by believing that truly he died of us and raised up for our justification.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Salvation is free!
Faith in Jesus plus nothing, not baptism, not restitution, not penance, no nothing just Jesus only.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

It's true we are not saved by works. But after you are saved, you are expected to do good works. And when you deny God in good works, you make yourself a misfit for the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ken4Christ:

It's true we are not saved by works. But after you are saved, you are expected to do good works. And when you deny God in good works, you make yourself a misfit for the kingdom of heaven.
you are wrong lack of good works does not make one miss fit for the kingdom, although lack of good works, good works itself is the fruitof salvation not the cause of it.
Salvation is by faith, and after salvation we live by faith.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by alBHAGDADI: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Doing good works is not compulsory when you are saved. So, once you are saved, you will forever remain saved and a righteous man in God's eyes.

The below verse shows that even without works, one is still righteous for having believe in God.

Romans 4:5 KJV
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Ken4Christ: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2022
alBHAGDADI:

Doing good works is not compulsory when you are saved. So, once you are saved, you will forever remain saved and a righteous man in God's eyes.

The below verse shows that even without works, one is still righteous for having believe in God.

Romans 4:5 KJV
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

What you just quoted was the process of getting saved. I am talking about what you need to do to retain your salvation. And works comes in here.

Why did our Lord Jesus rebuke the churches in Asia Minor? It was because of their works. The church of Laodicean had the worse rebuke. He said he will spue them out of his mouth because they were lukewarm.

Apostle Paul wrote to Titus;

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

And what happens when you deny God in works?

2nd Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: IF WE DENY HIM, HE WILL ALSO DENY US.

This is why our Lord Jesus gave the parable of the unprofitable servant.

This is why he also said he will cut off any branch in him that does not produce good fruit.

Yes, we are not saved by works but we are saved unto good works. And we must make effort to maintain good works after we are saved.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Ken4Christ: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Steep:
you are wrong lack of good works does not make one miss fit for the kingdom, although lack of good works, good works itself is the fruitof salvation not the cause of it.
Salvation is by faith, and after salvation we live by faith.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Why did our Lord Jesus rebuke the churches in Asia Minor? It was because of their works. The church of Laodicean had the worse rebuke. He said he will spue them out of his mouth because they were lukewarm.

Apostle Paul wrote to Titus;

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

And what happens when you deny God in works?

2nd Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: IF WE DENY HIM, HE WILL ALSO DENY US.

This is why our Lord Jesus gave the parable of the unprofitable servant.

This is why he also said he will cut off any branch in him that does not produce good fruit.

Yes, we are not saved by works but we are saved unto good works. And we must make effort to maintain good works after we are saved.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by elated177: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2022
Steep:

Yah which is the short form of yahweh is the name of God.

So, YAHWEH is the name the God of the Scriptures?
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by KnownUnknown: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2022
Steep:

Demented shite. Convince them of an imaginary disease, give them a nonsensical cure, and tell them to verify their claims after your death.

I truly hate Christians. Both the jackass on the pulpit and the assclown in the pew.
Re: Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. by Steep(m): 8:04am On May 03, 2022
Steep:
You heard me right!

Salvation is free!

Amen, yeap, spot on

(1) (Reply)

22 MFM Prayer Points For 22/2/2022 / Can You Allow Your Wife To Be Closer To Your Pastor? / "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.