Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? (23947 Views)

See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In. / What Is Happening To My Decking? / How You Can Resolve Your Rent Issues With Landlord During COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
How can a person have over 300,000 Naira and still can’t afford any descent house? How did we get here?

The first time I moved out of my parents house In 2018 I literally rented a house for 40,000 naira a year, and it was a room self contain in delta.

Today there is no single room self contain below 200-250,000 naira, and that’s even the ones in rural areas, anyone in town is from 300k and above, and yes just a room !!! Wtf is happening?

I’m so worried about Nigerians, am I the only one facing these issues or is every one so rich they can easily pay 300k for a damm single room apartment

186 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by luthorcorp: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
All thanks to your yahoo Yahoo friends whom you admire and want to be like.

I rented an office but because I look young my landlord thought he has seen a yahooboy he can extort. Imagine after moving in the fool came telling me that the paint I met I will pay for it, I just told him " baba this little conversation is over and until my rent expires we have nothing to discuss ever again".

406 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Anonymoususher: 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
Our country is messed up bro... Only God will help us.

I am in Lagos and I am paying 650k for an apartment that does not worth the price

Everybody should just hustle and leave this country or just earn in dollar

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
Anonymoususher:
Our country is messed up bro... Only God will help us.

I am in Lagos and I am paying 650k for an apartment that does not worth the price

Everybody should just hustle and leave this country or just earn in dollar
same in Abuja right now,if you see the small room dem give me to rent for 550k in Gwrinpa 62 road.the room be like toilet

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Dshocker(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
In Nigeria there is no price regulation on commodities,if by 2023 we hand power over to the same Northerns,then by 2030 the least bread will be sold for N500 and the least self contain you can get in lagos,might have jacked up to N400k.
Funny enough,most graduate will still be earning N20k or thereabout,then yahoo yahoo/ritual will increase and the level of prostitution/runz will skyrocket and by 2040 every runz girl will get married to a ritualist (non negotiable)

Nigeria sinks at every cockcrow

204 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by gerizzim: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
It is giving most tenants high BP esp when ur rent is due to pay another huge money on terrible apartment. some landlords wil convert their normal face me I face you tiny room to sefcon and inflate the price to over 300% .

person go leave 3bedroom flat because of high rentage fee for a single room sefcon tinkin he can comfortably afford it after first ur expire . To even renew d rent for the single sefcon room e no easy.
ABI shey na to further downgrade to batcher kinda apartment because e no easy for local Man.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by donbachi(m): 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
The bedt thing na to rent a batcher and love-vendor it to ur taste.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by bmdmix11: 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
donbachi:
wetin u just write undecided

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
Here in Ibadan, I'm renting an apartment of 200k and the agent is requesting for 100k commission. I don't know how we got here. Our country is so lawless and just anyhow

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by donbachi(m): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
bmdmix11:
wetin u just write undecided
rent a batcher and p....... i.......m.....p it to ur taste

9 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by pocohantas(f): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
We are not ready for this conversation.

donbachi:

This is the best thing now, but even landlords of old properties are either renovating and dividing it to get more flats. Or they increase their rents because they know the drill.

However, if one is lucky to see a decent old flat with enough parking space (very important), just take it and upgrade to your taste.

33 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Adeoye11(m): 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
Seriously guys, if we need this huge madness and greediness to stop we need to start trending this house rentage money.
Let us trend it like #end sars.
Let's save legit hustlers from becoming ritualists
Appropriate bodies should swift into action before it gets out of hand

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by whemmytopsy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
We seriously not ready for this conversation, we begin to wonder why ritual is the order of the day, most of these states can provide viable jobs for its youths, how do they afford these houses if not through another means.....how on earth will a man earning 50k per month rent a modest accommodation
of 200k ?? Not to talk of renting flat??....it's insane.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Perfectman91: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
Truth be told, yahoo boys are the reason for rent increase in asaba, God punish these yahoo boys aka armed robbers

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by frozen70(f): 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
Badboibipo:
How can a person have over 300,000 Naira and still can’t afford any descent house? How did we get here? The first time I moved out of my parents house In 2018 I literally rented a house for 40,000 naira a year, and it was a room self contain in delta. Today there is no single room self contain below 200-250,000 naira, and that’s even the ones in rural areas, anyone in town is from 300k and above, and yes just a room !!! Wtf is happening? I’m so worried about Nigerians, am I the only one facing these issues or is every one so rich they can easily pay 300k for a damm single room apartment

Cost of leaving have created problems for those leaving in a rented apartment

Just pick the one you can pay conveniently all hands are not equal

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Lightway: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Perfectman91:
Truth be told, yahoo boys are the reason for rent increase in asaba, God punish these yahoo boys aka armed robbers

People keep justifying them

Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by juniorstar(m): 2:23am On Feb 07, 2022
Sowiki:
Here, I'm renting an apartment of 200k and the agent is requesting for 100k commission. I don't know how we got here. Our country is so lawless and just anyhow
Normally this shouldnt be more than 20k

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Justice4Toto: 3:27am On Feb 07, 2022
The rate at which teenagers rent house is alarming. Yes I won't call them yahoo boys.
A guy of 21 that is supposed to be in his parebt house is renting two bed flat at exorbitant price. What is on his mind.at the point of paying is not the price of the rent but the freedom to have sex anytime , roll with girls , smoke ,drink
Such drive makes them pay any amount

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Sammy101111(m): 4:40am On Feb 07, 2022
God save us in this country everything keep increasing drastically.
2 bed room flat 400k yearly embarassed
I rented the house for 300k yearly at start
After another year my landlord add 50k after another year he added another 50k to the rent
I just tire because i no next year he will add money again .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 07, 2022
Sammy101111:
After another my landlord add 50k after another year he added another 50k

Yet you don't understand him

He is stylishly serving you a quit each year but in case you prefer to stay, there's an amount to pay.

He will still give you a quit notice (#50000 fine) next year

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by CUMIN: 5:24am On Feb 07, 2022
I'm so sorry guys you need to know we run a rent seeker economy.

Most of your landlord children can't even pay what you paid to them.

It won't be controlled as most of our politicians runs on that rent seeking mode.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by luthorcorp: 6:39am On Feb 07, 2022
Dshocker:
In Nigeria there is no price regulation on commodities,if by 2023 we hand power over to the same Northerns,then by 2030 the least bread will be sold for N500 and the least self contain you can get in lagos,might have jacked up to N400k.
Funny enough,most graduate will still be earning N20k or thereabout,then yahoo yahoo/ritual will increase and the level of prostitution/runz will skyrocket and by 2040 every runz girl will get married to a ritualist (non negotiable)

you say 2030, it is already happening now. Let me shock you, the rate of yahoo girls now is even more in number than the boys I am telling you this as a fact not mare rumors. Girls are into more ritual stuff now, seems from the olosho they learnt from guys carrying them. Any girl on the street now even if she is married don't rule it out that she is not one of them.

Country is terrible now, notice how traffic on nairaland have reduced especially this February, the land now I'm not even sure god will help again.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by SocialJustice: 7:10am On Feb 07, 2022
Badboibipo:
How can a person have over 300,000 Naira and still can’t afford any descent house? How did we get here? The first time I moved out of my parents house In 2018 I literally rented a house for 40,000 naira a year, and it was a room self contain in delta. Today there is no single room self contain below 200-250,000 naira, and that’s even the ones in rural areas, anyone in town is from 300k and above, and yes just a room !!! Wtf is happening? I’m so worried about Nigerians, am I the only one facing these issues or is every one so rich they can easily pay 300k for a damm single room apartment
It is not easy at all. The main issue is housing deficit.

Nigeria needs to start building estates massively, or incentivise the private sector to build mass housing for rent.

As long as the massive deficit exist, rent will continue to skyrocket.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Rickmann: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2022
Dshocker:

grin
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nezzjnr: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2022
Lmao.... I've told myself that when I intend getting married... I'll just move to Redemption Camp cheesy cheesy.

Make i dey my Papa House 1st

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Great0ne1: 7:21am On Feb 07, 2022
Sammy101111:
After another my landlord add 50k after another year he added another 50k
Use your next rent and look for another house. Do not pay the greedy bastard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Darkseid(m): 7:24am On Feb 07, 2022
My landlord increased my rent by 100% just like that for a tiny apartment. I never get him time sha, after enjoying some extra months I go find my way. Even though I can still comfortably pay the rent, it feels like madness paying 500k for a one room apartment.

13 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Golan007: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2022
Na una new song be this Abi?

Shebi una go use am burn houses like EndSARS.

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by lifenija: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Golan007:
Na una new song be thos Abi?

Shebi una go use am burn houses like EndSARS.

Nonsense.

type with sense, illiterate

35 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria / Lagos State Signs Smart City Deal With Dubai To Be Built In Ibeju Lekki / National Theatre, Lagos Gets Face-Lift (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.