Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Oldest Exercise Book Ever - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oldest Exercise Book Ever (3720 Views)

Can You Remember The Last Time You Wrote Your Name On An Exercise Book. / CMS Grammar School Celebrates 160th Anniversary, Nigeria Oldest Secondary School / DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Ogamysamo: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
good sweet adorable old unforgetable and ever green lovely memory of our dear friendly book-olympic

i can still remember how good its was using 10leaves and 12leaves of this lovely books. your parents will not have time to even quarrel you over tearing your books because before you'll count 1 2 3 no space again you're buying another one. unlike 40leaves that look like river niger where you'll write and write till book scatter but still no show of the middle of the book.

these are the books that train legends funny enough it also fathered the leaders of today.

olympic all the way. we miss and adore you. our children must hear of this!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by dawnomike(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
That is Segun elere Boolu...

17 Likes

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lol..this book gave me heart attack those days. Once you see it, know it's time for serious writing.

The mathematics exercise book was worse. That one with small boxes that couldn't contain my number "5" cos it was always too big, popping out of the box. My uncle gave me an unforgettable mark because of this and 36yrs after, the mark is still on my body. Chai!

19 Likes

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Sucre6: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Indomie generation guys can't relate at all grin

2B is for Mathematics with arithmetic symbols and times table neatly written at the back of each book while
2A is for English and other subject grin

My child hood was aweeessssssooom cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Sucre6: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mercychen:
Lol..this book gave me heart attack those days. Once you see it, know it's time for serious writing.

The mathematics exercise book was worse. That one with small boxes that couldn't contain my number "5" cos it was always too big, popping out of the box. My uncle gave me an unforgettable mark because of this and 36yrs after, the mark is still on my body. Chai!

You are even lucky self, me the number that took me time to understand how to write is number 5 I will always be writing it in reverse grin
My mum, dad and teachers shout for my little head tire until I com finally understand grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sucre6:

You are even lucky self, me the number that took me time to understand how to write is number 5 I will always be writing it in reverse grin
My mum, dad and teachers shout for my little head tire until I com finally understand grin

Lol.. that no 5 supposed dey for basic 3 scheme of work, no be nursery at all!! Lol..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by KosiGee(m): 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sucre6:

grin grin grin grin
You are a legend sir. I wish I could buy a bottle of your favourite drink.

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Gadafii: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
He get particular one wey be say na mathematics subject you go use am for, because he been get small small boxe/square

If you use any of these text books/slates, you should be married by now

Well I am still single cool cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Sucre6: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
KosiGee:

grin grin grin grin
You are a legend sir. I wish I could buy a bottle of your favourite drink.

Lols growing up memories are amazing aswear grin
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by BigYash: 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Omo.. Good old days cool

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by shilenji(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
Wetin be this? grin

My favorite exercise book will be the one with all the mathematics formula printed at the back, it was such a life saver. Legends will understand. Iykyk

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by KosiGee(m): 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sucre6:

True that. I remember I struggled to write 8 correctly.
I used lots of 2B pencil which had red stem. I liked it because the mark was bold….but after writing 7, my nightmare would start…no matter how hard I tried then, my 8 would look the the sign on Tinubu’s hat. Instead of standing upright and vertical, it’ll go horizontal. I would clean and erase making the space between 7 and 9 having a characteristic smudge….so I’ll normally have an HB pencil which is lighter and with a yellow stem…after writing 7 with my 2B, I’ll use HB for the 8 as there will be lots of erasing…my best effort then will have the 8 tilted like the tower of Pisa before continuing.

So many remedies tried to correct that…writing 3 and joining it with a mirror image of 3 or drawing O on top of another O

I was withdrawn from Mrs Ibezim’s class as the woman nearly killed me with her aña (cane) those very flexible sticks used to make furniture.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Sucre6: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
KosiGee:

I used lots of 2B pencil which had red stem. I liked it because the mark was bold….but after writing 7, my nightmare would start…no matter how hard I tried then, my 8 would look the the sign on Tinubu’s hat. Instead of standing upright and vertical, it’ll go horizontal. I would clean and erase making the space between 7 and 9 having a characteristic smudge….so I’ll normally have an HB pencil which is lighter and with a yellow stem…after writing 7 with my 2B, I’ll use HB for the 8 as there will be lots of erasing…my best effort then will have the 8 tilted like the tower of Pisa before continuing.

So many remedies tried to correct that…writing 3 and joining it with a mirror image of 3 or drawing O on top of another O

I was withdrawn from Mrs Ibezim’s class as the woman nearly killed me with her aña (cane) those very flexible sticks used to make furniture.

Lols I can relate cheesy

Eight wasn't very difficult since I realised that I just had to draw zero up and another zero down cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by olu77(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lol I should still be able to dig up one of mine or my dad's
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by LogicBomb8: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Then Writing number 8 straight is one of the hardest thin after diamound it must always lie down like the one on tinubu's cap
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Ogamysamo: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gadafii:
He get particular one wey be say na mathematics subject you go use am for, because he been get small small boxe/square

Well I am still single
cool cheesy
well you are no longer mr. you are now bac.[bachelor]...
you a qualify bachelor with or without degree
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Ogamysamo: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sucre6:

Sweeter Than Romans
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Ogamysamo: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
shilenji:
Wetin be this? grin

My favorite exercise book will be the one with all the mathematics formula printed at the back, it was such a life saver. Legends will understand. Iykyk
ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CLASS IS TO RECITE THE MATHEMATICAL TIMES TABLE OFF HAND ONE AFTER THE OTHER WHILE YOUR SEAT IS AT THE BACK AND OLYMPIC DO YOU JUSTICE BY MAKING IT YOUR BACK PAGE

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Ogamysamo: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Then Writing number 8 straight is one of the hardest thin after diamound it must always lie down like the one on tinubu's cap
those days i was writing 2 for letter 'S' worst part it is the letter that begins my name, the moment i just hear people bragging about writing their name wahala is by the door
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by shilenji(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
You sabi am grin grin grin e dey sweet till you're caught
Ogamysamo:

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CLASS IS TO RECITE THE MATHEMATICAL TIMES TABLE OFF HAND ONE AFTER THE OTHER WHILE YOUR SEAT IS AT THE BACK AND OLYMPIC DO YOU JUSTICE BY MAKING IT YOUR BACK PAGE

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Oppy2k2: 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ede X Ede remi koni iya segun elere ball, odabo odabo kayode.

...the above was how we did spell EXERCISE BOOK in those days

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Benwallt(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Meeehn, honestly I suppose dash something. This memory ehhnn. The pages clear and smooth die. What a world back in the days.

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gadafii:

Well I am still single cool cheesy

Goan marry.
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
KosiGee:

I can relate to the struggle it took to write a neat 8. cheesy
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by nannyo(f): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sucre6:
Indomie generation guys can't relate at all grin

2B is for Mathematics with arithmetic symbols and times table neatly written at the back of each book while
2A is for English and other subject grin

My child hood was aweeessssssooom cheesy

You are forgetting
2E for hand writing

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by rickpat(m): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
good old days...when life was eventful...this book was the first days of climbing the education MOUNTAIN
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
That guy for the book fresh die, so na so nigerians been dey fresh those days Unlike now wey most people dey look like alligator lizard and bleached alligator lizard pro max

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Sucre6: 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
nannyo:

You are forgetting
2E for hand writing

Yes oooo cheesy
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by abbeyty90: 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
dawnomike:
That is Segun elere Boolu...

Ede x Ede remi KO ni iya......
Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by leetylee: 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mercychen:

You forgot the ones used for handwriting, it has the red and blue lines vertical drawn with big spaces.
Not just this book, there's one called fountain with the tortoise story at the back, Oxford big note and one other I can't remember the smell of these fresh note eh is addictive, the cane wey I chop cuz of this book eh grin

1 Like

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
leetylee:

You forgot the ones used for handwriting, it has the red and blue lines vertical drawn with big spaces.
Not just this book, there's one called fountain with the tortoise story at the back, Oxford big note and one other I can't remember the smell of these fresh note eh is addictive, the cane wey I chop cuz of this book eh grin

Ah, that Oxford was used by my elder sisters then. As for the writing book, I never got to know how to use until I left school.

Another one I remember is the Onward exercise book. Dark Orange cover. Then the drawing book. That very long one. Then we would draw one big leaf. Memories.

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Exercise Book Ever by tommy589(m): 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
All these exercise books came from one producer, Nigeria paper Mills, Jebba. But by mid '80s their national reach started declining, maybe it was the economic crunch or local printers that started having bites at the huge market

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniuyo Post Jamb Update. / Abu Zaria Post Ume Cut Off Marks / Is NECO June/july Result Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.