Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Akure City- What Have You To Say? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akure City- What Have You To Say? (3906 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) / Represent Your City: What Do You Like About Your City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure City- What Have You To Say? by Topsido(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hav u been to Akure b4?
Wat do u have to say about the place nd the people?

Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by Topsido(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2007
More,

Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by osereka(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
SHOW US OJAOBA
that is where you will be waylayed by tax collectors
am talking from experience
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by egin(m): 2:21am On Aug 02, 2007
Is this all you have for the billions of Naira Agagu got these past 4 years?
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by Topsido(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
Am not talking about Agagu pls, its social, not political.
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by funkybaby(f): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2007
why not post the pictures of the dilapidated buildings along oja-oba road angry or those at stadium junction and environs, what about those at oba-ile, oda road,  i could go on and on and on,

there is nothing special about the town,  it only has two night clubs,  fellows@ijapo estate and another (starts with a J) can't remember the name located on Ondo road.
the town (a state capital for that matter) only has three eateries,  2 mr.biggs outlet and morims.
boutiques,  none ! (that can compare with the likes of collectibles and the rest in lagos).

my friends and i often times had to travel to lagos or ibadan for the sole purpose of buying a dress to wear for parties and functions,  yes, its that bad !  undecided

the 'GRA' parts of the town are just alabgaka and ijapo.

whether you want to accept or not, akure has nothing to show for all the billions it collects from monthly allocations. look at the crap job done at the dualization of the ilesha junction road to the ife-ekiti road,  i think the road was named obasanjo way.

about the people,  hmmm,  they are quite nice,  although, some of them feel kind of inferior when associating with peeps from 'big towns' like lagos.
they are a little accommodating, veryyyy proud and stubborn,

the major plus for the town is that food is relatively cheap, i get to buy lots of assorted vegetables. then i get to eat lots of well prepared pounded yam, there are four major places where that is sold, bola meat restaurant@ilesha garage, another place opposite the former national bank(now wema bank) cant remember the name, senior staff canteen and another place not far from oshinle quaters(cant remember the name wink transportation is stressfree and cheap ( i drop i think is 30 or 40naira). they do not have busstops like it is in lagos, you can say 'o wa' at any time and the taxi-driver will park for you.

i could go on and on and on,
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by Topsido(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2007
Even Oja Oba is beautiful i must say, just for record purpose. There are tens of ugly places and oja oba isnt one. the market there is mordern and there is a new mosque under construction facing it. again there are no heaps of dirts, one thing that mediocres hate about the place. I do not like the govt a bit but am only talking about the palce.
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by tpia5: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Akure City- What Have You To Say? by tpia: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Want To Run Away From Nigeria / Qatar / Let's Apply For Scholarships Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.