Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. (24452 Views)

Nosa Uhumwangho: Abba Kyari Asked Me To Pay Proceed Of Hotel Into My Account / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / "I Still Love My Scammer" - White Lady Scammed By Ekpoma Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by obembet(f): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2022
Not everyone that ask you for help on social media really need your help, ma y of them are there to turn your joy to sorrow.

I was checking some videos on my Instagram account when a lady DM and asked for my assistant by voting her on one program she's contesting for, immediately I hear that, I remember David message that say we rise by lifting others not knowing that she have another intention. . then I ask how how to go about it.

See how chat here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by obembet(f): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2022
More

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by MITCHELL96: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2022
Since I first had my first ever Facebook account hacked in 2014, that was when I knew Two Factor Authentication Is Very helpful

Even if the scammer knows your password as long as he/she doesn't have your Sim card you enabled it with which Facebook, Instagram or whatsoever social network you're using will send the codes to confirm you're truly the one logging in from another device.

And a lot of People don't know about This , they don't know cyber attacks comes in various ways, if you were not smart enough, that's how the scammer would have hacked your account.

And y'all should stop clicking all these links, that's the most easiest way for the hackers to get your accounts

Even if your bro or sis sent it with his account, call to confirm first, because they might have hacked that your sibling account and will now use it to get yours

TRUST sometimes ehnn dey fall person hand smiley

That's how they used my best friend account to hack my first Facebook account telling me to click one link to contest in one quiz and win 20k, I was dumb and full of trust lipsrsealed

First person wey talk say " EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER " no lie shaa.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by Goldbw122(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2022
Hmm, na wa
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by Fahdiga(m): 10:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Might be a nairalander above and below me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by allswellis(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Since I first had my first ever Facebook account hacked in 2014, that was when I knew Two Factor Authentication Is Very helpful

Even if the scammer knows your password as long as he/she doesn't have your Sim card you enabled it with which Facebook, Instagram or whatsoever social network you're using will send the codes to confirm you're truly the one logging in from another device.

And a lot of People don't know about This , they don't know cyber attacks comes in various ways, if you were not smart enough, that's how the scammer would have hacked your account.

And y'all should stop clicking all these links, that's the most easiest way for the hackers to get your accounts

Even if your bro or sis sent it with his account, call to confirm first, because they might have hacked that your sibling account and will now use it to get you

it's funny how many people don't know that 2fa can be bypassed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by ebuka440: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
Be wise and thank God for saving you bro. Hackers are wicked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by sukkot: 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
sad
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by socialmediaman: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by ATEAMS: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Everyday a sucker is born

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by EKONGKING: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
It's the survival of the fittest in buhari Nigeria.

This is a lesson to Nigerians ,who think that scamming oyinbo is cool .
Now people are scamming each other in Nigeria itself.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by MrImole: 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Not so good
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by Righteousness2(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Be careful! So many scammers are out there in various shades.
The Desperation is out of this world.

Some scammer on this Platform has been trying to hack my Whatsapp but we Serve a Living GOD who has Shattered all the moves

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by SILVERLINES: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by JASMNE: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
obembet:
Not everyone that ask you for help on social media really need your help, ma y of them are there to turn your joy to sorrow.

I was checking some videos on my Instagram account when a lady DM and asked for my assistant by voting her on one program she's contesting for, immediately I hear that, I remember David message that say we rise by lifting others not knowing that she have another intention. . then I ask how how to go about it.

See how chat here
you a beautiful lady but this your nose no work at all.
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by smasher1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
we rise by lifting others
must you vote for people? let them get there votes themselves after all you weren't informed when they enter a contest.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by baralatie(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
smasher1:
we rise by lifting others
must you vote for people? let them get there votes themselves after all you weren't informed when they enter a contest.
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by IceColdVeins(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
obembet:

See how chat here
How many followers have you?
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by SmartPlug: 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
A fake profile
He uses that lady pic as a bait thinking you would fall for it cheaply

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by phemmyfour: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
She must be a fan of Messi

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by Sensiblerealist: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
I swear the person is not a female. Dem be wan run you street

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by KhalidD(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
So how do I enable two factor authentication on my FB and Instagram? Please
MITCHELL96:

Even if your bro or sis sent it with his account, call to confirm first, because they might have hacked that your sibling account and will now use it to get you

That's how they used my best friend account to hack my first Facebook account telling me to click one link to contest in one quiz and win 20k, I was dumb and full of trust lipsrsealed

First person wey talk say " EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER " no lie shaa.
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by kelechiodo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by hismerhill(m): 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
May God help us
Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by ProphetofOdin: 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
That is how one girl tried using almost this same format with me last month, asking me to click on a link to watch her comedy skit, i dictate immediately that she was trying to hack my account. When she saw that that was not going to work she started begging for airtime.

Nigerians are very difficult people, it is hard to know those who genuinely needs help.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by BillionKnights: 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Na only WhatsApp and telegram me dey do use chat.
I no get time

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by baralatie(m): 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Sensiblerealist:
I swear the person is not a female. Dem be wan run you street

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. by chukwuibuipob: 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
sad Always good to use 6 sense not 5

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Priest Attacked By Suspected IPOB Members In Nnewi (Photos) / Burial Poster Of The Policeman Killed By Robbers In Abuja (Photos) / Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.