Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,377 members, 7,846,601 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

I Want A Kid Badly. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want A Kid Badly. (1066 Views)

You Must Have Done This When You're A Kid / I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
I moved out of my parents house mid 2020 to my rented apartment at the age of 18,even though my dad wasn't in support but there was nothing he could do because my mind was all made. I kinda look way past my age though and a lot of people have told me my reasoning is mature,I wasn't going out to suffer,I was going out to be on my own and live my life. The decision I took I haven't for a day regretted it.

I refused to disclose where I was moving to my parents because I know the life I wanted to live(semi wayward),but eventually I told my parents and they visited the first time,then it became continuous to the level that they come unannounced. I gave the estate gate men an order that they shouldn't allow visitors past the gate unless I give them the order to. All to no avail. I threatened not to pay them self.

My dad has familiarised himself with all the estate landlords. The one that shocked me the most is my landlord,my house is a rented single duplex and my landlord doesn't stay in the country. How my dad got his number I don't even know,they have become friends now. I have never liked being under anyone's roof as I have always craved being alone since my primary school days and now that I can afford to be on my own. I'm seriously tired, Though, I told my landlord to cut ties with my dad or else I'm not renewing my rent.

Being treated like a child irritates the hell out of me, I'm not dependent on anybody so why the hawk eye on ne. I'm thinking of moving away from this place, there is always this look I'm given whenever I attend estate meetings like I'm a criminal or something. Should I move? Should I just use this chance to go to a Nigerian university though I see it has a waste of time, I'm learning coding on my own and it's damn easy.

As to my topic: I want a kid too badly,I have a girlfriend, she works in a multinational company at Ikoyi, she's a bit older,she wants a kid with me too.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by advanceDNA: 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
Wait?? U have Nigerian parents.. as in Nigerian parents??...and you are angry they treat you like a child at 18?? Are you alright..??.

I’m older than you.. and my mum still treats me like I’m 12....

She packs food and soup inside cooler when I visit home...pack anti-malaria, paracetamol and vitamin C reminding how AA can have malaria every 2 minutes
and she will still come and visit the following week....

u dont know anything... u can never grow up in the eyes of a Nigerian parent ...better get used to it...

see this one ooo...ordinary 18...
U think say na UK you dey..

11 Likes

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by KiNg0G: 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
hollywood
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
I didn't say it's bad,but it's overly excessive on my side,bro if you were in my shies you'll relate better
advanceDNA:
Wait?? U have Nigerian parents.. as in Nigerian parents??...and you are angry they treat you like a child at 18?? Are you alright..??.

I’m older than you.. and my mum still treats me like I’m 12....

She packs food and soup inside cooler when I visit home...pack anti-malaria, paracetamol and vitamin C reminding how AA can have malaria every 2 minutes
and she will still come and visit the following week....

u dont know anything... u can never grow up in the eyes of a Nigerian parent ...better get used to it...

see this one ooo...ordinary 18...
U think say na UK you dey..
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Beremx(f): 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
That means you’re 20years now. I don’t know if having kids at such age is cool. Well if you want kids, why not get married first? I wouldn’t advise you become a baby daddy. Get married and have your kids legitimately. It is well with you
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by VeryWickedSoul: 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
The way you type, I don't blame them one bit.
You must be a simp.

They know you are not man enough to survive on your own and you're just trying to appear grown which you aren't.
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Marriage is out of the question. I don't want it.
Beremx:
That means you’re 20years now. I don’t know if having kids at such age is cool. Well if you want kids, why not get married first? I wouldn’t advise you become a baby daddy. Get married and have your kids legitimately. It is well with you
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
You don't have to liken everything you see to being a Simp bro, there is more to live than that. I have proven I am capable of being on my own in a thousand ways. I asked for advice, don't let me put my aggressions on you.
VeryWickedSoul:
The way you type, I don't blame them one bit.
You must be a simp.

They know you are not man enough to survive on your own and you're just trying to appear grown which you aren't.

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by VeryWickedSoul: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
[s]
shilenji:
You don't have to liken everything you see to being a Simp bro, there is more to live than that. I have proven I am capable of being on my own in a thousand ways. I asked for advice, don't let me put my aggressions on you.
[/s]

If you are capable, why are your own parents monitoring you like a kid?

Do you know more than they do?
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Richy4(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
KiNg0G:
hollywood

As in hhhhh.... Just thinking where an 18yrs old got money to rent a duplex... even in oyibo land.. an independent 18yr old will first of all share an apartment before.....Anyways,...wetin I know again for this generation embarassed...

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
Unbelievable right grin God's doing.
Richy4:

As in hhhhh.... Just thinking where an 18yrs old got money to rent a duplex... even in oyibo land.. an independent 18yr old will first of all share an apartment before.....Anyways,...wetin I know again for this generation embarassed...
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Beremx(f): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
shilenji:
Marriage is out of the question. I don't want it.
your parents should keep watching over you then. Good luck!
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by fineboynl(m): 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
What you rented a duplex? And you are 18 abi 20? What are you doing for a living?
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Richy4(m): 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
shilenji:
Unbelievable right grin God's doing.

My instincts are always 98% right..so I will reserve my comment buddy on whether I believe the story or not...We are in an era where no parent ask questions.... glad this era is working for you embarassed...
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
What I do doesn't matter now as long as it is legal and my parents are aware of it. I happen to be amongst a lucky few
fineboynl:
What you rented a duplex? And you are 18 abi 20? What are you doing for a living?
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
Maybe your instincts can help you select a few games that will win you millions of dollars sorry nairas
Richy4:

My instincts are always 98% right..so I will reserve my comment buddy on whether I believe the story or not...We are in an era where no parent ask questions.... glad this era is working for you embarassed...
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by ibechris(m): 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
At that age if anything happens to u people especially family members will never forgive your father.

All because u want to be messing around like u just mentioned will harm u seriously. Just have a rethink and appreciate them for being around.
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by oldienavie: 12:00am On Feb 11, 2022
fineboynl:
grin grin grin This is the most important question on this thread...
Why do I have a feeling the OP is a yahoo boy.

No skillset, no certificate, no education and at 18 he is already living in a duplex...

3 Likes

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Phoneworld: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2022
shilenji:
I moved out of my parents house mid 2020 to my rented apartment at the age of 18,even though my dad wasn't in support but there was nothing he could do because my mind was all made. I kinda look way past my age though and a lot of people have told me my reasoning is mature,I wasn't going out to suffer,I was going out to be on my own and live my life. The decision I took I haven't for a day regretted it.

I refused to disclose where I was moving to my parents because I know the life I wanted to live(semi wayward),but eventually I told my parents and they visited the first time,then it became continuous to the level that they come unannounced. I gave the estate gate men an order that they shouldn't allow visitors past the gate unless I give them the order to. All to no avail. I threatened not to pay them self.

My dad has familiarised himself with all the estate landlords. The one that shocked me the most is my landlord,my house is a rented single duplex and my landlord doesn't stay in the country. How my dad got his number I don't even know,they have become friends now. I have never liked being under anyone's roof as I have always craved being alone since my primary school days and now that I can afford to be on my own. I'm seriously tired, Though, I told my landlord to cut ties with my dad or else I'm not renewing my rent.

Being treated like a child irritates the hell out of me, I'm not dependent on anybody so why the hawk eye on ne. I'm thinking of moving away from this place, there is always this look I'm given whenever I attend estate meetings like I'm a criminal or something. Should I move? Should I just use this chance to go to a Nigerian university though I see it has a waste of time, I'm learning coding on my own and it's damn easy.

As to my topic: I want a kid too badly,I have a girlfriend, she works in a multinational company at Ikoyi, she's a bit older,she wants a kid with me too.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

I also want to have a child of my own, i wish of this everyday but I can’t train one for now because am not financially okay, but if i see a lady or single mom (45 below) who is ready to take care of the child like i will, then i see no big deal, but u will let me see him once in a while, i will be happy with that, once i am financially stable i will do my part as a father to my child, if u want marriage, fine, if not, fine, i am 30 years of age, 6ft tall, i love to cook, i may not be perfect but i really like to cook, i am trying to push my self in school, i am in my final year, which i will be finishing in April, i am currently studying industrial engineering.

We are going to leave this world one day and the goal is to be happy always, age is just a number, everyone are in search of rest of mind, is not all men that are the same likewise women.

You can send me a mail, go to my profile
Please no insult..

Am not a gold digger, but just want a better life for the unborn and also be a happy father..
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by shilenji(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2022
Wow, when you're done with your entire program sir,send me a message.
Phoneworld:

I also want to have a child of my own, i wish of this everyday but I can’t train one for now because am not financially okay, but if i see a lady (45 below) who is ready to take care of the child like i will, then i see no big deal, but u will let me see him once in a while, i will be happy with that, once i am financially stable i will do my part as a father to my child, if u want married fine, if not, fine, i am 30 years of age, 6ft tall, i am trying to push my self in school, am in my final year, i am studying industrial maintenance engineering..
Please no insult
Am not a gold digger, but just want a better life for the unborn.

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by mastermaestro(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Phoneworld:

I also want to have a child of my own, i wish of this everyday but I can’t train one for now because am not financially okay, but if i see a lady or single mom (45 below) who is ready to take care of the child like i will, then i see no big deal, but u will let me see him once in a while, i will be happy with that, once i am financially stable i will do my part as a father to my child, if u want marriage, fine, if not, fine, i am 30 years of age, 6ft tall, i love to cook, i may not be perfect but i really like to cook, i am trying to push my self in school, i am in my final year, which i will be finishing in April, i am currently studying industrial engineering.

We are going to leave this world one day and the goal is to be happy always, age is just a number, everyone are in search of rest of mind, is not all men that are the same likewise women.

Please no insult..

Am not a gold digger, but just want a better life for the unborn and also be a happy father..

Ridiculous wish. Do you have a terminal ailment? Are you dying soon? If no, why are you trying to have a child at 30 when you have nothing to feed and raise the child? You want to add another problem to a world saturated with enough problems. You need sound counselling.

Get over the thought of having a child in penury. Find your feet first, marriage or whatever can come afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by mastermaestro(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2022
shilenji:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Folly on high, decency in the dung. sad

Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by Ishilove: 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
Lori iro
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by AceRoyal: 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
shilenji:
I didn't say it's bad,but it's overly excessive on my side,bro if you were in my shies you'll relate better
You don't value what you have until you lose it.
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by AceRoyal: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
VeryWickedSoul:
[s][/s]

If you are capable, why are your own parents monitoring you like a kid?

Do you know more than they do?

This is the dumbest replies I've seen in a while.
You're trying to sound cool/smart but you just displayed stu.pidity.

It's obvious you don't have or experienced any form of parental love.
Re: I Want A Kid Badly. by frozen70(f): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
shilenji:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Whatever kind of life you want to live, live it, its your life since you don't want your parents to guide you

You see that matured lady that wants a kid and you too wants a kid, is good to go with her

Maybe she will be the one to reset you to factory mode

Na your life, do as you like but once woman enter that your life, you will know that the difference is clear

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Demolishes Her Mother's Old House; Builds A Beautiful New Bungalow / Loneliness Is A Very Bad Thing. / Secret Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.