Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) - Entertainment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) (59374 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by rocknation62(m): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2022
AdeOri99:

How you people get oppressed by someone else living in their own ego baffles me, that shows that if you have some change yourself, you will oppress others.

If there was nothing like Oppression, the word OPPRESSION will not be existing. It’s like you telling me they don’t steal in England that’s why we have the word THIEF even in an English speaking country. U digg?
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Chicky34: 7:36am On Feb 11, 2022
Haba something wey don dey happen in some western world....hahaha na normal thing for some places o

Ernchibyke:
Indeed the world is really changed and changing. Decency is horridly becoming a thing to be read in the history books.
With this pace will i be wrong to say that a time will come when men and women will be proud walking the face of the earth naked all in the name of freedom.

God help us!
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by RillJ(m): 7:37am On Feb 11, 2022
The good old days that we killed it gradually in our quest for modernization and the pretense of classiness
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by jay1000: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2022
Not bad anyway

Like for now
Share for then
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Albertone(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2022
Good ol' days.
Today it's the likes Iyaebe FERNANDEZISBACK Mercychen e.t.c that we have in clubs now.I weep for our generation.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Albertone:
Good ol' days.
Today it's the likes Iyaebe FERNANDEZISBACK Mercychen e.t.c that we have in clubs now.I weep for our generation.
Querro how is you little self fairing huh.. wink
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by kelvine(m): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2022
We already have strippers dancing completely naked. You mean guests will dress from home naked and enter buses naked to club in 50 years time

MrMcJay:
Looking at the steady progression in reducing the amount of clothing, 50 years from now, people will be dancing naked in nightclubs.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Rexymania(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2022
Today that Nightclub is better than some churches. Just see how modest they are dressed
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by kinglumidee(m): 7:46am On Feb 11, 2022
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Lamasta(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2022
buttlover:
It doesn't look good to me. Are they dancing to 2face song?
No they are dancing to Timaya song
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by LordReed(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2022
Ernchibyke:
Indeed the world is really changed and changing. Decency is horridly becoming a thing to be read in the history books.
With this pace will i be wrong to say that a time will come when men and women will be proud walking the face of the earth naked all in the name of freedom.

God help us!

Please remind me how your god supposedly made us, did he make humans with clothes? Maybe you should tell your god to stop sending naked babies, he should sew heavenly clothes that can't be removed and send the babies in them.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Albertone(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Querro how is you little self fairing huh.. wink

You can't even construct a correct sentence?
Could it still be the alcohol effects since last night that's still affecting you?
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:50am On Feb 11, 2022
Albertone:

You can't even construct a correct sentence?
Could it still be the alcohol effects since last night that's still affecting you?
How is your little self fairing.. grin
Keep fool**ng around my mention kiddo..
consigue una vida.. wink
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by mixta140: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2022
Ernchibyke:

God help us!
Even na mature people dey here no be underage like now
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by OblorOblor: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Ain't nothing like good old days. Believe me, this is anything but decent by 1960s standards. The mere fact that you stayed late in the night dancing your life away made you wayward.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2022
rocknation62:

If there was nothing like Oppression, the word OPPRESSION will not be existing. It’s like you telling me they don’t steal in England that’s why we have the word THIEF even in an English speaking country. U digg?

Only foolish people feels big cause of some achievement, what about you ignore those fools and focus on making yourself happy, without justification from anyone or comparing yourself to anyone.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Divoc19(f): 8:07am On Feb 11, 2022
Sugar Daddy (suga, suga)
Sugar Daddy (suga, suga)
Sugar Daddy (suga, suga)
Set awon Sugar Daddy grin
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Offpoint1: 8:09am On Feb 11, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:

EXACTLY this is what I am here to preach, you shouldn't fear unclothedness it is normal human nature ESPECIALLY for us as AFRICANS, ALL AFRICANS including the NORTH AFRICANS we were all naked it is and was our original culture.
Suit in 37°c sun coupled with the high humidity in southern Nigeria is pure stoopidity and I am a lawyer telling you this
Jalabia and agbada in 37 - 40°c desert heat up north in northern Nigeria , Sahel Africa and North Africa is Fullishness of the highest order

This is our ORIGINAL culture: not our borrowed ARAB and EUROPEAN attires and culture and religions
1. North African Arab black 1920
2. North African Arab Amazigh 1910 to 1920
3. Fulfude girl pre 1900's
4. Igbo

I have similar pictures of Ijaw, Fulani, Yoruba, Nupe, Hausa etc etc but I can't find the file now

The Berbers or Amazigh only used to cover their nose and mouth from the fine desert sand so they only ever used clothes around their necks for that purpose they didn't wear them the way we do today until the Arabs invaded and re invaded them and imposed izlam on them and we are were we are today.
Same with us here

So basically if China had colonised us we'd all be Buddhist's today; meaning if China had colonised our ancestors that would have meant they would have adopted Buddhism and they would have taught us the Chinese system, culture and everything which we would today have adopted and foolishly called our own the way many fulanis and hausas think jalabia is their own native attire it isn't it's Arabic traditional wear, imagine an IJAW woman would have been wearing local Chinese dress and calling it her native wear the same way southern Nigerian women wear HOLLANDaise and call it native even though the name is HOLLANDaise how is Holland native to Nigeria lol

You people who think you are smart and you have morality, I am here to tell you that the compass with which you measure morality doesn't even belong to you it belongs to the Arabs and the Europeans but not yours. I you knew this you'd not type all what you type in the guise of GOOD OLD DAYS because you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the REAL OLD DAYS were like. This was and is the real good old days Infact it was worse than these because by the time this pictures were taken these guys had already been trading and getting clothe materials from the Arabs and Asians in general as well as the Europeans for about 200years prior so imagine 200to 400 years before this picture when there was ZERO major trade contact between us Africans and the Arabs or Europeans
I love people like you who know their history and culture, not all these mentally enslaves roaming around.

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by phemmyfour: 8:10am On Feb 11, 2022
Internet and lies....that's not night club
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Ekealterego: 8:15am On Feb 11, 2022
RillJ:
The good old days that we killed it gradually in our quest for modernization and the pretense of classiness
This ignorant comment is why history was banned in school. First, this not a night Club. secondly, this is just 1960, after Europeans have colonised you all for at least 50 years. Europeans brought their foreign sense of "decency" to them. In those people's father's generation, wearing all these heavy fabric in a hot and humid tropics made no sense at all.

It makes no sense even now, that's why you Nigerians smell like a hole of pit laterine. Even those who put on their roll on. Na still by the grace of God.

This is not the original way our forefathers dressed. Our forefathers had the right apparel for the weather and "decency" was not defined by how much you cover your body in the tropics, which makes you smell and sweat like a pig.

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by michlins(m): 8:19am On Feb 11, 2022
budaatum:

Then please learn some more. Below are statues of Yorubas pre-Europeans. See the cloth wrapped round their waste.
LoL. Those were statues that were remade to suit the modesty imposed on us by the Europeans.

All deities in Igbo land are made stark naked and only have a piece of clothing around their waist.

There's a deity in my town called "arusi a gba ọtọ efe". The former worshiper went to Europe to further his education then came back to become full time traditionalist.

Find someone to translate the Igbo for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by suffering: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2022
As stale as this forum. Mscheew.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by IbileIfe: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2022
canada2022:
The only difference is they were not sexy.......lol

But things were good walahi
What is sexy?
What made them not sexy?
Because they were wearing dresses?

A fully dressed guy or lady can look sexy and sexier than a topless guy or lady.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Successlane: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2022
That was before Satan became tailors for women, while men retained their original tailors.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by dnawah(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2022
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by SympleSam(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2022
Na wedding party be this na
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by techWriter3: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2022
These not the grand guests of Nigerians ghosts...
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by iInjureHerYansh: 9:17am On Feb 11, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
undecided
Worst part is dem no dey clean downwards. So disgusting
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by godofuck231: 9:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
undecided
iniquities �
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by EgunMogaji2: 9:41am On Feb 11, 2022
canada2022:
The only difference is they were not sexy.......lol

But things were good walahi

I find ladies of that era very sexy.

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by DeepSight(m): 9:44am On Feb 11, 2022
Ernchibyke:

God help us!

And what exactly is wrong with that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Experience At Quilox Club, Lagos" - Lady Recounts / Man Tattoos Eyeball After Accident Left His Eyeball White And Cloudy (pictures) / Nollywood Actress, Afrocandy Now Making Blue Films As Nollywood Movies [VIDEO ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.