Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo (36670 Views)

EPL: Bruno Fernandes Issues Warning To Opposing Teams Over Ronaldo / South Korean Soccer Fans To Sue The Festa over Ronaldo benching / Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Kingosytex(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2022
The former Everton striker famously asked Manchester United board to let him leave the club in 2010 after falling out with Ferguson for questioning the club’s ambition.

The striker and the Scot fell out again during the manager’s final year at the Theatre of Dreams.

Rooney was unhappy after Manchester United allowed Ronaldo and Tevez to leave the club in 2009, with the club bringing in Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen and Gabriel Obertan as replacements.
“They were offering me a contract of £200,000 a week, so it would have been quite easy for me to say, ‘five years, £200,000 a week… let me sign it now,’’ Rooney said, according to Metro.

But I wanted success on the pitch – that means more to me.

“We sold [Carlos] Tevez, then we sold [Cristiano] Ronaldo, I was the one player left who was high profile.

“I went into Alex Ferguson’s office, and I said to him: ‘What’s the plan here? At the minute, we’ve brought in two young English players who are unproven.’ I remember Alex Ferguson’s response was, ‘Get out of my office.’”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/11/epl-how-alex-ferguson-ordered-me-out-of-his-office-over-ronaldo-rooney/

53 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Kingosytex(m): 8:46am On Feb 11, 2022
The former Everton striker famously asked Manchester United board to let him leave the club in 2010 after falling out with Ferguson for questioning the club’s ambition.

The striker and the Scot fell out again during the manager’s final year at the Theatre of Dreams.

Rooney was unhappy after Manchester United allowed Ronaldo and Tevez to leave the club in 2009, with the club bringing in Antonio Valencia, Michael Owen and Gabriel Obertan as replacements.
“They were offering me a contract of £200,000 a week, so it would have been quite easy for me to say, ‘five years, £200,000 a week… let me sign it now,’’ Rooney said, according to Metro.

But I wanted success on the pitch – that means more to me.

“We sold [Carlos] Tevez, then we sold [Cristiano] Ronaldo, I was the one player left who was high profile.

“I went into Alex Ferguson’s office, and I said to him: ‘What’s the plan here? At the minute, we’ve brought in two young English players who are unproven.’ I remember Alex Ferguson’s response was, ‘Get out of my office.’”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/11/epl-how-alex-ferguson-ordered-me-out-of-his-office-over-ronaldo-rooney/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Semid4lyfe
Honeric01

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by GoldCircle: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Manager with balls!

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Jxmmi90(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Ftc
Ferguson na ogba

13 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by slawormiir: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

Even as at then Ferguson was aware that Penaldo is overrated

35 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by dawnomike(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2022
You needed to be sent out...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by SmartProf(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Any manager/coach that allows his big players to display too much power, to the point of questioning his decisions is headed for doom.

226 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Danmboss(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
See bad belle

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by ajalawole(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
F
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Adebukky61: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Really

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Komolafe89: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Ororo
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by bestman09(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Depends on how he presented his questions as two captains can not steer a ship. The first law of power was actually broken by Rooney.

Law 1. Never Outshine the Master
Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. Hide the extent of your own talents, as your masters may otherwise feel insecure. The better you make your master appear, the greater the level of power you will attain. Those above you want to feel secure and superior in their positions. This may involve making a few harmless mistakes so that you can ask your master for help.

If, however, you are more naturally charming than your master, it would be best to avoid working for them entirely.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by humberjade: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Imagine...you sold Ronaldo and Tevez and then replaced them with Antonio Valencia, a spent Michael Owen and Gabriel Obertan...No be juju be that ? cheesy

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by morikee: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Damnnn bitch

Isoright
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Sabadon(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
I could imagine in fergusons voice "GET OUT OF MY OFFICE" grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by beautyhd: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Ferguson was no pushover manager.

You don't dictate for him, he called the shots.

Manchester United under him was much more managed and better than now.

I wish I could change club, watching man u matches these days, gives me headache.

63 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by emmabest2000(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Nonsense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by jubrilcastle(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2022
Ronaldo is back now. He's doing well. Rooney can as well go and join him

8 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Lumig: 8:58am On Feb 11, 2022
Sorry Rooney it was a period when the Ronaldo charm was very potent on Sir Alex Ferguson.
His eyes don clear now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by ThierryJay: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Wait, is it Michael Owen that Rooney is calling unproven English player cos Valencia and Obertan aren't English?

When you start to question an ancestor like Ferguson, he'll begin to tell you how your grandfather met you grandmother and gave birth to your father grin

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Hopsinluck: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Man United's have lost their standings. Old Trafford old trophies and old players
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Awoo88: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Alex Ferguson is the BOSS. No player was too big for him.

5 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2022
The money man utd wasted on sancho wud hv been used to purchase saunt maximin from Newcastle, Adama from wolves and Trippier from atletico. man u don't still understand the value of a quality RB. look at barca , they brought back Dani Alves and they had their best game and first win against atletico or real madrid in 2 yrs. man u dont hv a RB , LB and a fantastic winger cos they always wanna favour the British players . Stop playing maguire and shaw and replace them with Eric Bailey and Telles. I also don't know y they did not get new players this transfer window. Sancho will do well in city but not in man utd, Grealish will rather do better in utd than city. But I still don't buy into these British players. Utd don't even have a defensive midfield player, not one single quality DM

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by MrImole: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2022
Lol
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by DonBenny77(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2022
Rooney was one of the last breed of players committed to the game.....

30 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Bar1941(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2022
Fergy was crazy I swear, how could he tell a player like Rooney that? Rooney was such a loyalist and great player for him to have continued playing for the club afterward. Mind you, that senseless decision by the board that Rooney questioned marked the beginning of the present retrogression of the club.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by addexx: 9:01am On Feb 11, 2022
grin re

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa United Wins 2020/2021 NPFL Title / Gunmen Send Threatening Message To Messi, Fired Shots At Family Store / Joshua, Fury To Earn $100 Million Each In Heavyweight Showdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.