Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues (1190 Views)

We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU / Lagos To Decide Reopening Of Schools In Two Weeks / NASU, Others Begin Indefinite Strike Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by sinkhole: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is yet to take a final decision on whether or not to embark on its proposed strike action, The Nation can authoritatively report.

The union is holding a crucial National Executive Council (NEC) meeting, which kicked off yesterday at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Akoka.

The Nation observed that principal officers of ASUU as well as branch chairmen and delegates from various institutions including OOU, UNAAB, TASUED, UNN, AAU Ekpoma, AAUA, UNIABUJA, EBSU, UI and UNILORIN, among others are attending the meeting in UNILAG.

A NEC member, who craved anonymity at the ongoing meeting, told our correspondent: “There will be a press conference tomorrow, and our position will be announced.

“But for now, the meeting is still ongoing and may span till night, and no one can say where the direction of the meeting is heading to yet.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-ASUU-yet-to-decide-on-strike-action-as-meeting-continues/

Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by Ogamysamo: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
after many years of sit at home admission now granted and ASUU want to go for strike. may the lord cripple every plans and intentions of strike locking the mind of every or any ASUU delegate In Jesus Name.

I Don't Need To Wait For Who To Say Amen .

DELAY MAYBE DANGEROUS
So I'll Say AMEN!
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by KingsCorner(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
Assu is just making noise every year there's a threat of strike they should find a permanent solution and let student rest abeg......since last year fah
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by Premiumwriter: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ogamysamo:
after many years of sit at home admission now granted and ASUU want to go for strike. may the lord cripple every plans and intentions of strike locking the mind of every or any ASUU delegate In Jesus Name.

DELAY MAYBE DANGEROUS
So I'll Say AMEN!
lolz.

Wait until you are going to work everyday but can't take care of your family all because one fool*sh government has refused to pay your salary.
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by Ogamysamo: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Premiumwriter:
lolz.

Wait until you are going to work everyday but can't take care of your family all because one fool*sh government has refused to pay your salary.
hmmmm.... deeper than my fear...
maybe i was selfish may the lord make the government pay them what belongs to them..., so that we'll not experience strike
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by wordapostle(m): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
I think ASUU should wait for a responsible government to come before striking because this government don't care, why should they when the president weac is a debate
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by WhizdomXX(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ogamysamo:

DELAY MAYBE DANGEROUS
So I'll Say AMEN!
Amen.
Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by WhizdomXX(m): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ogamysamo:
hmmmm.... deeper than my fear...
maybe i was selfish may the lord make the government pay them what belongs to them..., so that we'll not experience strike
ASUU should fight for their own salaries first
But the issue is that they're carrying another man's problem on their head, fighting for the quality of education in the universities, the upkeep of the universities and other matters that Ministry of Education should be fighting for but have abandoned due to misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
ASSU have killed me o embarassed

Re: BREAKING: ASUU Yet To Decide On Strike Action As Meeting Continues by Thosyn12(m): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
9182736455O1999:
ASSU have killed me o embarassed

How true is this?

(1) (Reply)

K / Intrested In Joining A Campus Publication? / Between Private And Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.