Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) (3669 Views)

Simple Cheap But Very Rich And Delicious White Rice With Vegetable Stew Pics. / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / Delicious Grandma Stew And White Rice I Made In Uncompleted Building. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hi beautiful people, learnt this way of cooking white rice without coming out sticky, mushy or gummy. Infact I think it's the best method so far, especially for Nigerian rice. Sometimes, you just bought a new type of rice and don't know how it will be after cooking, but with this method, your white rice will never come out wrong no matter the type of rice you are using. Now let's take a look at the 'how'

Stage 1: Perboiling

-Pick your rice if need be
-Wash thoroughly with cold water
-then put inside a clean pot and add water little above the rice, then start cooking
- once it starts boiling, sieve and wash the rice

Stage 2: cooking proper (if you are using already perboiling rice, skip stage one)

- pour enough water into a pot and let it boil
- pour in your perboiled rice when the water is already boiling, the level of water should give the rice space to expand without the water drying up.
- add little salt to enhance it's taste
-Monitor and check your rice at intervals to know when it have become soft to your taste
- then pour your rice in a sieve and let it drain off water, after like 3 minutes, pour back into the pot and on a low heat let the remnant water dry up and your rice is ready.

Check out this � video for a better understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ke3EibzlGk
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Charx122: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
Favour315:
Hi beautiful people, learnt this way of cooking white rice without coming out sticky, mushy or gummy. Infact I think it's the best method so far, especially for Nigerian rice. Sometimes, you just bought a new type of rice and don't know how it will be after cooking, but with this method, your white rice will never come out wrong no matter the type of rice you are using. Now let's take a look at the 'how'

Stage 1: Perboiling

-Pick your rice if need be
-Wash thoroughly with cold water
-then put inside a clean pot and add water little above the rice, then start cooking
- once it starts boiling, sieve and wash the rice

Stage 2: cooking proper (if you are using already perboiling rice, skip stage one)

- pour enough water into a pot and let it boil
- pour in your perboiled rice when the water is already boiling, the level of water should give the rice space to expand without the water drying up.
-Monitor and check your rice at intervals to know when it have become soft to your taste
- then pour your rice in a sieve and let it drain off water, after like 3 minutes, pour back into the pot and on a low heat let the remnant water dry up and your rice is ready.

Check out this � video for a better understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ke3EibzlGk

No salt??

1 Like

Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 7:02am On Feb 14, 2022
Charx122:

No salt??

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot, you will add salt in the second stage
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please kindly like the video on YouTube to support my channel.
Thanks in anticipation...
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
I really love this white rice recipe, white rice can never go wrong with this recipe
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 6:55am On Feb 24, 2022
Avoid gummy, mushy or sticky rice. Use this method and be in control
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 6:20am On Feb 25, 2022
And please support me by subscribing to my channel. Thanks
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Who has tried this method of cooking white rice,let me know what the outcome is
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2022
Try this method and thank me later
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
I used Nigerian rice but this method is equally perfect for any type of rice
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 11:21am On Feb 28, 2022
This method is dope!
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by JohnnyBling(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nice one
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
JohnnyBling:
Nice one
Thanks dear
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
It can also be used for any type of rice
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2022
JohnnyBling:
Nice one
Thank you
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
This is the perfect way to cook white rice
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Best white rice recipe ever! Trust me
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2022
Rice recipe wey no get enemy
Re: The Perfect Way To Cook White Rice (especially Nigerian Rice) by Favour315(f): 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
This is the perfect way I cook my white rice

(1) (Reply)

Am About To Cook Rice And Stew Again Pics ;D;D;D / Send Cakes, Flowers & Gifts To Lagos, Nigeria / How To Cook A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.