Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Unconditional Love? In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unconditional Love? In Marriage? (930 Views)

Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma / Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage / Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by wetinudeyd: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2011
PLEASE IS THERE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IN MARRIAGE,

cos i see issues where things go wrong n the other party bails out.
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by hakon: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2011
That's a clear case of immaturity. There is unconditional love in marriage. Understanding each other helps one in sustaining the love in a marriage.
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2011
Na this "unconditional love" rubbish amongst other things dey make people hang on to serial rapists,violent and abusive spouses.Yes,my love get conditions!

1 Like

Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by livedit(f): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2011
IF love has "conditions" on it, then it's not real love. Love comes from God, because God is love. God's love is agape. No matter what "we"do in our lives, God will always love us. He may hate the sin that we do, but that don't stop His love from loving us. Therefore, why would I put "conditions" on someone I claim to love? I agreed to marry my husband. Accept the good and the bad. He can and have said/done things that I didn't like. That goes the same for my parents, siblings etc. That didn't stop me from loving them. If marrying the right person, your love shouldn't be nothing less than unconditional.
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
LOL
God's love got conditions babe . . .you have to love,serve and obey him with all your heart too.
Love is a two way thing with conditions attached for the mutual benefit of both parties involved.When "he" wants out,stops loving you,starts abusing you,start disrespecting you and the vows you took . . .wud you thrive and survive on love,when its clear its not appreciated or reciprocated ?

Anywayz,till morrow,My love get conditions attached. cool
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
livedit:

IF love has "conditions" on it, then it's not real love. Love comes from God, because God is love. God's love is agape. No matter what "we"do in our lives, God will always love us. He may hate the sin that we do, but that don't stop His love from loving us. Therefore, why would I put "conditions" on someone I claim to love? I agreed to marry my husband. Accept the good and the bad. He can and have said/done things that I didn't like. That goes the same for my parents, siblings etc. That didn't stop me from loving them. If marrying the right person, your love shouldn't be nothing less than unconditional.

very true. but because you love someone doesn't mean you have to stay married to them if it is detrimental to your well being. you have to love yourself as well.
your love can be unconditional, but your marriage better not be. if you marry someone that can kill you in your sleep, better love that person from afar.

1 Like

Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by livedit(f): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2011
ifyalways:

LOL
God's love got conditions babe . . .you have to love,serve and obey him with all your heart too.
Love is a two way thing with conditions attached for the mutual benefit of both parties involved.When "he" wants out,stops loving you,starts abusing you,start disrespecting you and the vows you took . . .wud you thrive and survive on love,when its clear its not appreciated or reciprocated ?

Anywayz,till morrow,My love get conditions attached. cool

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with you. God's love does NOT have conditions on them. God is a gentleman. God will not force us to do anything we don't want to do. He gives us choices to make. You can only serve one God. You either serve Him or you serve the devil. It is the person that chooses darkness over light. God is faithful and just to His Word. He sent his ONLY begotten son to die for our sins. so that we may have everlasting Life. If you don't choose Him, then it is YOU who chose death. So how does that make His love conditional?
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by livedit(f): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2011
ajigglin:

very true. but because you love someone doesn't mean you have to stay married to them if it is detrimental to your well being. you have to love yourself as well.
your love can be unconditional, but your marriage better not be. if you marry someone that can kill you in your sleep, better love that person from afar.

That'll be crazy to stay with someone who is abusive. But tell me something, if this marriage was actually brought together by God, why would he send someone who would harm his child? It's a big difference when man go out and choose a mate instead of waiting on God. Then you have cases like these.
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by N101: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
Unconditional love can only come from God. Human love has conditions, but we always aspire to Godly (unconditional) love.
Re: Unconditional Love? In Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Choosing to stay with someone in marriage thru thick and thin doesn't mean unconditional love.

For most humans love has conditions but people choose to stay in marriage for one reason or the other.

(1) (Reply)

"It Is Not Good For A Man To Be Alone" / Is There An Evil Mobile Number / Mother Beats Her Child Into Coma; Gets A 99 Year Jail Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.