Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (60376 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 1:39am On Feb 16, 2022
The journey began when my husband began sourcing for foreign school(scholarship). Lo and behold he got admission but no scholarship, so he turned them down. One of his friends who have been talking to him about Portugal advised him to apply to portugal but he practically refused because of the language barrier and again he wanted a country where he felt he could make it easily. Finally, hubby applied after much convincing that he would get funding when he gets the admission. At last he got admission but no funding, although he applied for one. One fateful day, hubby got a mail that an interview have been scheduled in the next 2days. Immediately, he got himself prepared and most especially got a very good Internet to avoid stories that touch. After some days the result were published and hubby came out 2nd on the list and the department needed just one person, so hubby missed that. We were so bittered after all the preparation and all of that. But his friend kept encouraging him to continue with the visa application that when he gets to Portugal he would definitely get funding. That was how the process began, the financial statements was a big issue. Where are we going to find one? Who do we know? All these questions flew to us, but one thing was certain this time around. Hubby had faith that could move mountain, he had made up his mind to get to Portugal. At last, he got one of his Oga, at the office to give him his statement of account letter and also a letter to back it up that he would sponsor his education (know that it is not a must to pay school fees before leaving Nigeria). So finally, he applied for his visa after all the normal documentations. Hmm.... the worst happened, after we had sold our landed properties so as to boost his own account statement. HE WAS DENIED!!!
Before he got the news of the denial, he was fortunate or should I say privileged to get the number of the "then" consular, who he asked to check the status of the visa. So after the consular confirmed it and saw that he was denied, hubby asked him for his best advice, so he told him to appeal but before he could submit he was invited for another interview and this time, he got it. Finally, he got the visa and moved to Portugal. When he got to Portugal, he got a far date for his appointment in order to process his resident permit, fortunately for him, he was able to bring the date forward. Fast forward, after 5months of getting to Portugal, he invited us using Schengen visa. That was how we all (myself and the kids) moved to Portugal and finally started a masters progam. The very first day I got to Portugal, I fell in love with the country and until now. My love for the country, they are nice, friendly and accommodating people. God bless Portugal

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Freestainworld(m): 2:22am On Feb 16, 2022
Hope you are getting familiar with the language.

8 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Myzubby(m): 2:52am On Feb 16, 2022
okay o just keep updating us from time to time

2 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by soundOsonic: 3:29am On Feb 16, 2022
How do you cope with the language barrier?
How do you feed and gather income to feed more than 3 mouths?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Originalsly: 3:32am On Feb 16, 2022
Freestainworld:

I guess she is .... since she knows they are nice, friendly and accommodating.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by pansophist(m): 3:50am On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations. Portugal is the dream country to live and work for lots of northern European youths because of its tropical weather during the orgasm of winter, but due to the low salaries compare to their country, they just visit and return. Portugal is beautiful, with a mix of African, European and South Amerixan culture. Don't miss visiting the Portuguese island, especially the one in Africa (Madeira), its more beautiful than Portuguese mainland.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Khonifer: 4:09am On Feb 16, 2022
Portugal! Man I love Nigerians so much

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by chukwuibuipob: 4:51am On Feb 16, 2022
cool heartfelt congrats
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by fortunez1(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2022
Pls tells us about hustle , that is the most important thing to us the japa minded fellows.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Kolenda(m): 7:46am On Feb 16, 2022
Please do they pay any admission fee while applying for these foreign based universities?
If so, like how much
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Aidejay(m): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2022
Nice. Nigerians Are Really Broadening The Scope Of Choice Countries To Travel To. I'm Very Impressed. Just Last Week I Attended To A Customer Who Was Processing Some Things For His Own Travel To Liberia. I've Attended To Another Going To France. Finally It Seems The Scales Of US,Canada And UK Have Fallen From The Eyes Of Nigerians.

17 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:42am On Feb 16, 2022
Yes I am. My kids can speak so well now but I understand but can't speak

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2022
Freestainworld:

Yes I am. The kids can speak and write in Portuguese now. As for me, I don't speak but I understand

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:48am On Feb 16, 2022
Myzubby:
okay o
just keep updating us from time to time

Ok, I will. I thought I should use this means to encourage people on how to go about the whole process. Besides, I have a youtube Channel where I talk about Portugal. "Bayobi show"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2022
soundOsonic:
How do you cope with the language barrier?
How do you feed and gather income to feed more than 3 mouths?

Infact, the language was a tug of war. If you don't understand or speak you will definitely pay for it in one way or the other. Lots of benefits for the kids that we have missed. Until you find someone who would tell you all, you might not have access to all. But now, we are in the system. As per feeding, when you are in Portugal, you do not worry about food. Food is cheap.
I made a video on that on YouTube.
Bayobi show is the channel's name

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lereinter(m): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2022
Freestainworld:

Portuguese is a very easy language to understand

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2022
Aidejay:
Nice. Nigerians Are Really Broadening The Scope Of Choice Countries To Travel To. I'm Very Impressed. Just Last Week I Attended To A Customer Who Was Processing Some Things For His Own Travel To Liberia. I've Attended To Another Going To France. Finally It Seems The Scales Of US,Canada And UK Have Fallen From The Eyes Of Nigerians.

It's true bro, I remembered we were advised to migrate to Portugal since 2016 but we rejected thinking it wasn't a place to be. Mehn, it is a place to settle with your family.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2022
fortunez1:
Pls tells us about hustle , that is the most important thing to us the japa minded fellows.

Hustle���, I think, there are lots of factories in Portugal esp. Fishing companies where must people want to work and do extra jobs here. But most Nigerians get english jobs where the work as a customer care representative. One thing about Portugal is that they pay minimum wage. Whether you are a cleaner or you work in factories or english job, the minimum wage is same. The only difference is that food allowances might be different and compensation allowances. There is dignity in labour in Portugal. And that is why you can see that a cleaner can drive same car with someone working in an office

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
cool heartfelt congrats

Thanks alot
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 11:04am On Feb 16, 2022
Kolenda:
Please do they pay any admission fee while applying for these foreign based universities?
If so, like how much

Yes, most schools in portugal application fee is 50euros. Admission is on currently. I made video on that on my youtube channel. Bayobi show is really channel's name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Donbaba123: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2022
dorobybaby:

Yes, most schools in portugal application fee is 50euros. Admission is on currently. I made video on that on my youtube channel. Bayobi show is really channel's name

Can you list some schools that didn't collect tuition fees till after visa is out, and does Portugal require interview for student visa application?

3 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by buJu234: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2022
Countries like Portugal; Hungary etc are beautiful places; nice people and cheap..

but the real problem is not even the language.. is getting good-paying jobs..

even their citizens are running to other richer EU & western countries.

9 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
Donbaba123:

Can you list some schools that didn't collect tuition fees till after visa is out, and does Portugal require interview for student visa application?

Most schools in portugal don't require that you pay school fees. Like universidade de aveiro(my school)
Universidade de evora
Universidade do Porto
Universidade de lisboa
Universidade de coimbra.

Infact, de are many. The one that requires you to pay is IPB, and its just the first month because in Portugal, one can pay installmentally. I mean every month, you divide the school fees into 10 equal parts. It's a good place to study

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
buJu234:
Countries like Portugal; Hungary etc are beautiful places; nice people and cheap..

but the real problem is not even the language.. is getting good-paying jobs..

even their citizens are running to other richer EU & western countries.

You are right bro. But, I think it's in line with there standard of living. I mean, it's measurable to their standard of living. Reasons why you see most people want to working factories so that they can do extra job

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Donbaba123: 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
dorobybaby:

Most schools in portugal don't require that you pay school fees. Like universidade de aveiro(my school)
Universidade de evora
Universidade do Porto
Universidade de lisboa
Universidade de coimbra.

Infact, de are many. The one that requires you to pay is IPB, and its just the first month because in Portugal, one can pay installmentally. I mean every month, you divide the school fees into 10 equal parts. It's a good place to study

Thanks you, how is the visa application like? Any interview or legalization of documents
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by TheWolfen(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by OnyeObodo: 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hope this is not a fake story to attract fooolish Nigerians to scam? Because I know a lot will pm you.

Guys, shine ya eyes oo. To migrate to Europe now is very hard

Justwise, take note.

6 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Donbaba123:

Thanks you, how is the visa application like? Any interview or legalization of documents

The advice I like giving to people is don't give any agent your hard earn monies. One thing I know about Portugal is, if you do and follow the right steps that have been listed, Visa would be given to you.

They do not conduct interview, you only submit your application (you can download it from their website) and when you meet the criterias, God's willing, it would be given to you. Besides, decisions are taken in Portugal and not in Nigeria.
Legalization is done at the embassy. You will submit your certificate and you have to pay per page. I think 15euros or so.

6 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Donbaba123: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
dorobybaby:

The advice I like giving to people is don't give any agent your hard earn monies. One thing I know about Portugal is, if you do and follow the right steps that have been listed, Visa would be given to you.

They do not conduct interview, you only submit your application (you can download it from their website) and when you meet the criterias, God's willing, it would be given to you. Besides, decisions are taken in Portugal and not in Nigeria.

Legalization is done at the embassy. You will submit your certificate and you have to pay per page. I think 15euros or so.

Thanks you, pls i sent you a pm.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by juliuscapps(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
So what's the criteria to meet for visa application?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by buJu234: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
OnyeObodo:
Hope this is not a fake story to attract fooolish Nigerians to scam? Because I know a lot will pm you.

Guys, shine ya eyes oo. To migrate to Europe now is very hard

Justwise, take not.

I think u re wrong.. i just found that the OP has been on Youtube since 2021..

see below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNef5HpKt1A&list=UUAmQ_qr2QcfNfqu7XcKVF7Q&index=39

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Chigorkizz(m): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
This is cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Man That Came Out From Car That Split Into Two After Accident. Photos / Mark Ukaere: Alligator Eats Student Nigerian Pilot After Plane Crashed [VIDEO] / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.