Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R (790 Views)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Wife Omitted From Obituary After Killing Husband And Children In Benue. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by ogbologbo1000(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Me and my family were returning from church on Sunday when we bombed into someone I Knew sometime ago.
In the process of introducing my family, he complimented my family, he went further to say i married a very beautiful woman.
I just smiled and said thank you.

Surprisedly, when we got to the home my wife brought up the matter, she said a man complimented her good looks in my presence and all I could do was to smile at him and say thank you, that if I don't see anything wrong with that behavior, it means I can do the same thing.

I apologized to her, and said, I don't think I can compliment a married woman in the presence of her husband. As I think it is a bit rude.
However, it is better for a man to compliment a woman's beautiful in the presence of her husband and move on. Rather than complimenting a woman's beautiful in secret and go after her.

She has been complaining of how men run after Her because of her heavily endowed shape.
She feels very uncomfortable when men stare at her.
So she exspect me to stand up for her in a way of engaging men that rend to be rude to her my staring at her of complimenting her when am around.
Please Nairalanders, is my behavior abnormal, or should I have reacted to the event last Sunday differently?
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by doggedfighter(f): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Josphine4good(f): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by kunlesehan(m): 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
There's nothing wrong with a harmless compliment.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Flexherbal(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
As long as it is just a compliment, then no.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by donbachi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
If the guy had said "u have a good woman for a wife"
She for dey remind u am on a daily.

Play a prank on her.by telling her

"For example oo.just imagine sey u be fine woman".

The look on her face.since she no like compliments.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by tolufase: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
I don't think so but there must be a limit to which you can compliment a married woman.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Lostchild(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
From what I understand, your wife is telling you to battle anyone that admire her because she is attractive right?

Guy

man up na

Shuuu
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Lostchild(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Make you and your wife get sense small.

So if your wife ask you to go and jump inside well, you will be confuse whether to obey her or not?

3 Likes

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by HarunaWest(m): 1:14am On Feb 17, 2022
ogbologbo1000:
Me and my family were returning from church on Sunday when we bombed into someone I Knew sometime ago.
In the process of introducing my family, he complimented my family, he went further to say i married a very beautiful woman.

Surprisedly, when we got to the home my wife brought up the matter, she said a man complimented her good looks in my presence and all I could do was to smile at him and say thank you, that if I don't see anything wrong with that behavior, it means I can do the same thing.

I apologized to her, and said, I don't think I can compliment a married woman in the presence of her husband. As I think it is a bit rude.
However, it is better for a man to compliment a woman's beautiful in the presence of her husband and move on. Rather than complimenting a woman's beautiful in secret and go after her.

She has been complaining of how men run after Her because of her heavily endowed shape.
So she exspect me to stand up for her in a way of engaging men that rend to be rude to her my staring at her of complimenting her when am around.
Please Nairalanders, is my behavior abnormal, or should I have reacted to the event last Sunday differently?
Your wife is just forming activity. And mumu you sef still apologize. Apologize for what? Better start monitoring that woman...e get why.

3 Likes

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Tochex101(m): 5:52am On Feb 17, 2022
HarunaWest:
Your wife is just forming activity. And mumu you sef still apologize. Apologize for what? Better start monitoring that woman...e get why.
Lwkmd........#senseman..
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Richy4(m): 6:00am On Feb 17, 2022
Reading meanings into everything is a bit exhausting when one got a partner like yours....

I can just imagine..Hmmm!!.. let me just quickly apply a break.. Good luck buddy angry
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by VEXT: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2022
Simps everywhere...na that woman go push u to Ur early grave

2 Likes

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 17, 2022
Hmmm....
Omor...
This is really a dicey situation...
There's no black and white spot here, it's all gray...

I don't think there's anything wrong with complimenting a married woman in the presence of her husband, it's just how the compliment is said or acted out...

If the man stared at your woman after complimenting her or he initiated or implied anything sexual after the compliment, then I would find that insulting, but if not, I think it'll be harmless...

I on the other hand, when I compliment a married woman in the presence of the man, I shake the man's hand, smile and say to the hearing of the woman, "oga you're doing well, see as madam is looking sweet 16" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:30am On Feb 17, 2022
E no mean anything,your wife seems proud.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2022
It "does not right" grin.

Does she expect you to go about fighting every Tom, Dick and Harry that compliments her in your presence or behind your back? And why did you even have to apologize for how your friend complimented her in the first place? Na wa o.

Abeg don't let her push you around. If she can't ignore the stares or fight those complmenting her by herself, then she should learn to stomach it.

By the way what's wrong in complmenting her?

Is she the only one that gets compliments from men? It's a normal thing every woman experiences. So why is she rubbing it in your face? Guess she's just trying to make you feel innsecured, unnecessarily jealous and overprotective of her.

She really doesn't need to be bothered about being chased by this men if she herself has self control. The ball is in her court.

Nothing serious here abeg.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by zed7: 9:42am On Feb 17, 2022
What is the big deal? Men complement their friends partners everyday without any issues. Are you guys in your early 20's or what? Sometimes when a woman makes too much noise over her physical appearance, then she is likely enjoying the attention.

Are you supposed to go about fighting people over your wife? Only a foolish man does that. Many men have been killed for their foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by FinallyFamous: 9:45am On Feb 17, 2022
cheesy

Oga no worry yourself ontop watin woman deh think

Those people self no Sabi their self

She might have suffered from too much sexualizing by men and it has become a turn off for her no matter who does it..

So just relax she will get over it

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by ogbologbo1000(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2022
Omor...
This is really a dicey situation...
There's no black and white spot here, it's all gray...

I don't think there's anything wrong with complimenting a married woman in the presence of her husband, it's just how the compliment is said or acted out...

If the man stared at your woman after complimenting her or he initiated or implied anything sexual after the compliment, then I would find that insulting, but if not, I think it'll be harmless...

I on the other hand, when I compliment a married woman in the presence of the man, I shake the man's hand, smile and say to the hearing of the woman, "oga you're doing well, see as madam is looking sweet 16" :
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by ogbologbo1000(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2022
ogbologbo1000:

Mumu me?
When you get married you will know why I apologized.

Mumu me?
When you get married you will know why I apologized.
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by ogbologbo1000(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2022
zed7:
What is the big deal? Men complement their friends partners everyday without any issues. Are you guys in your early 20's or what? Sometimes when a woman makes too much noise over her physical appearance, then she is likely enjoying the attention.

Are you supposed to go about fighting people over your wife? Only a foolish man does that. Many men have been killed for their foolishness.

I know my wife, she's not enjoying any attention from it.
She later said the man looked her inappropriately before the compliments, I did not see that.
She was worried because she thought I observed how the fool looked at her.
The issue is that if i was ok the the man's behavior, it means I also do that to other women.
Re: Does Complimenting A Married Woman In The Presence Of Her Husband And Children R by ogawisdom(m): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2022
ogbologbo1000:

How old is this your wife, she sounds childish.

If you must compliment a married woman it should be before her husband ie when it's perfectly okay. It should make the man even know her wife is good looking to others and maintain her better.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Rich Yet But I'm Already Bored Of Money And Wealth!!!! Am I Normal? / When Company Ask Workers To Come To Work Same Way They Dress In Zoom Meetings / What Do You Have To Say Concerning This Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.