Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) (43585 Views)

ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day / Kwara Polytechnic Student Wears Wedding Gown To Exam Hall (Pictures) / University Of Abuja Lecture Hall Overcrowded, No Social Distancing, No Facemasks (2) (3) (4)

Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Bounceboune7: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2022
A
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by atobs4real(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2022
Yeah this is a country where things work out well.
I salute 9ja my country
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by JosephXavier: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2022
Y
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by ojehmario1969(m): 8:42am On Feb 17, 2022
kyber:
How do you see this to be?

What is the current situation in your school now?
And those who have graduated how filled was your lecture hall then?

What can be done about this?

How can the government come into the picture?

This is delsu
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Focusmind: 8:43am On Feb 17, 2022
The current sardines tins are now well spaced - just two pieces in a Tin unlike when you had them many. undecided

So, don't compare the current sardines pack with the way these students are sitting. Attending Nigerian universities is now becoming a nightmare. I couldn't imagine that I once attended one.
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by stanliwise(m): 8:43am On Feb 17, 2022
Albertone:

1.They can build more lecture theaters with a larger capacity.
2.They can reduce student intake.
reduce student intake bawo?

only option 1 is possible
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by kyber(m): 8:43am On Feb 17, 2022
Ofadaman:
But this happen all the time in churches and no one complains,

At least there are fans and enough ventilation for them
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Mrbenny001: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2022
You here remember chemistry 157 in CBN building UI then... Alot of students fainted cos of heat
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Carot: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2022
HYDEEE:
Reminds me of uniben's engineering 1000LTs. Back-bencher for 2 years.
if I be you, I go dey finger one girl for back while lecture dey go on
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by kyber(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2022
stanliwise:

reduce student intake bawo?

only option 1 is possible

True they can’t reduce students intake
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Nokio1: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2022
21savages:
This must be csc101 in my xkul or convocation because this crowd is too much.. God epp us
Cs 201 Jesu 15 years later can't tell how I passed
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Kajaard: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2022
RoyalBlu:
This must be a GST 101... class cheesy

Or some other 100 level combined classes.

Normal occurrence in most higher institutions in the country.

*How can the government come into this

Topic for another day... cheesy

Don't mind the silly op. Probably has never seen the four walls of a university GST class. It was like this for me in Uniben even in the year 2007. Nonsense write up
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by kyber(m): 8:45am On Feb 17, 2022
Mrbenny001:
You here remember chemistry 157 in CBN building UI then... Alot of students fainted cos of heat

What year was that?
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Mrkumareze(m): 8:46am On Feb 17, 2022
[quote author=Albertone post=110288896]

2.They can reduce student intake.[/quote]
The one jamb is doing isn't enough for you shocked
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Rebuke: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2022
Seriously, Nigerians are tough, I mean very tough.

With all this stress, they will still have to be out there searching for job when they finally graduate.

The system isn't just nice to the youths at all. Unfortunately, we don't think.....same youths will still queue behind some old cargoes, campaigning vigorously for them to become president angry
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by stanliwise(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2022
kyber:

True they can’t reduce students intake
many school have alot of lands, I can talk of uniben, delsu and even many other university. All that is needed is proper funding and management of funds.
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by minasu190: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2022
With this kind of packing,how book wan take enta brain..the kind of odour oozing out would kill someone,this country nawa o!
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by RxSameer(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2022
After church service we do not write test and exams oga get sense
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by kyber(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2022
braimeddy:
You must be a year one student

Yeah

Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Salihusaliheen(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Na this thing dey lead to communicable disease
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Sociology 101, I dropped the course after one lecture. Dr. Antigha could give you 20 pages of notes in just one hour.
I wish I’d never attended that lecture because I met my ex girlfriend at it.

That class was packed full you could hardly breathe . Memories
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by RxSameer(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Ofadaman:
But this happen all the time in churches and no one complains,

After church service we no go write test or exams oga get sense
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Aboguede(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
u get sense like this so? Reduce student intake u said

Yes

More technical schools will increase while the university reduces intake
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by tctrills: 8:51am On Feb 17, 2022
Albertone:

2.They can reduce student intake.
We are looking to educate more people not reduce the number.
Please offer another solution.
Maybe we could encourage online universities.
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2022
Funny enuf some university with this kind of arrangements will still do so without public address system. During my time na we contribute money to buy one...

Funny nigeria skul system
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by bleskid: 8:52am On Feb 17, 2022
everybody want to go to school ... but that's not the solution
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Carot: 8:52am On Feb 17, 2022
Mrbenny001:
Hardest borrowed course in faculty of science. I remember guys used to shiver when entering the exam Hall. Tedder Hall's Soultouch even released a hit song base on the course back in 2010
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2022
Is it a must you go to school
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by proclinician: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2022
post=110293525:
Naija youths.....wake up!!

Wake up and do what?

Already they've dispersed. At least for the next one month, lectures are on strike so no need to pile up like this to learn rubbish.

Slaves in love with their chains.
Re: Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2022
GNS101, GNS 102. Those courses ehn, you would think the whole school community attended. Strangely, the 300 level general courses are not as choked up.

When You Are Graduating & You Can't Even Remember What You Studied / University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / He Gave Us Toys Not Laptops. Why Can't Gov. Okorocha Be Real For Once? (PHOTOS).