Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,622 members, 7,955,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:26 PM

Bridge Collapses In The Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bridge Collapses In The Us (1008 Views)

Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bridge Collapses In The Us by TheOne2(m): 7:30am On Aug 02, 2007
A bridge over the Mississippi river collapsed yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6927113.stm

I'm sure our diaspora Nigerians wish that is the 3rd mainland bridge so that they can continue their onslaught on anything Nigerian. I wonder what they will say to this one.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The Us by okeyz(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2007
man !! i saw it at CNN 2day ,it was devastating,well anything can happen so much for infastructure,i hope it does not have a terrorist undertone !
i know osama bin laden will be clicking champagne glass anywhere he is !
Re: Bridge Collapses In The Us by daprince: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2007
The collapse of the bridge had nothing to do with terrorism, we need to hold Gov. Tim Pawlenty responsible. I drove south on that road (the bridge that collapsed was on the northern part of the interstate highway), while my friend drove on that particular bridge 20 minutes before it happened (he's thanking God now). It's unfortunate to have such a disaster, I pray God to give those who lost their loved ones the strength to get over it.

The One:

I'm sure our diaspora Nigerians wish that is the 3rd mainland bridge so that they can continue their onslaught on anything Nigerian. I wonder what they will say to this one.

U don't even wanna compare the infrastructural development to the crappy bridges that u got in Lagos (this particular incident is just one of the rare occurrences with infrastructures here). No body in their right mind would wish such a thing happens in Nigeria.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The Us by MP007(m): 1:02am On Aug 03, 2007
YEA, RIGHT, i live in dalas and am scared of driving through the hi5 bridge cos , hell would have broken loss if it happened in africa, lets heat what they gonna say
Re: Bridge Collapses In The Us by kaysie83: 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2007

@ the one,
pple are still waiting for their loved ones to walk through the door and all you can think of is what nigerians in diaspora will say if this happened in naija.

If you havent heard, the 3rd Mainland bridge is in need of repairs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Mainland_Bridge,
http://www.tribune.com.ng/27032007/prop1.html .

Making a mockery abt this tragedy was uncalled for.

(1) (Reply)

The Dubai Hype / Uk,usa,canada Student Visa For May/june Or September 2010 Admissons Is Available / Us Appointment Slot: Oct 13 At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.