Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi (1309 Views)

Two Homosexuals Caught Red-handed In Enugu Yesterday Night / BREAKING!!! Two Homosexuals Caught Red-handed In Imo State (photos) / Thief Who Was Caught Red Handed In The Act Re-enacts How He Breaks Into Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by Gemid94(m): 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
The rate of scammers in Lagos disguising as beggars has skyrocketed in the recent times with many still counting their losses to these 419.

Just this night, I single-handedly caught one at Oshodi BRT terminal while he was trying to scam people as usual.

All thanks to my journalistic instinct that propelled me to interrogate him, and in a bid, exposing his trick right in the faces of the commuters who had even fallen for his sugar-coated gimmicks.

I could vividly recall this same guy came to beg money from me last year while I was about boarding a bus home.

He lied his wife was in hard labour and he would need money to foot her medical fees, not knowing he is the devil's workmanship.

So, I collected his number (only God knows if it was fake) but couldn't reach him through not until this night that I sighted him where I stood waiting for BRT.

He actually came with a fresh demand this time, begging the commuters to assist him with some cash as he would need it to clear his goods. What a scammer!

Watch the video below;

https://youtu.be/bo3gTW60gvo

3 Shares

Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by iHart(m): 12:25am On Feb 18, 2022
Same person using same format but different story to beg.

There was this one in Umuahia. He has a bad hand, and he kept using that hand to beg. He usually claims that he is a student of ABSU and was engaged in a motor accident which affected his hand. ...that he needs money to pay his school fees and complete his program. He used that same story for more than 5 years until people knew about the lie. If this guy enters a bus and pray, heaven will come down. After that, the begging will set in. Come and see how people will be rushing to give him money. He made so much money yet he was always unkept.
Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by Kolenda(m): 2:33am On Feb 18, 2022
iHart:
Same person using same format but different story to beg.

There was this one in Umuahia. He has a bad hand, and he kept using that hand to beg. He usually claims that he is a student of ABSU and was engaged in a motor accident which affected his hand. ...that he needs money to pay his school fees and complete his program. He used that same story for more than 5 years until people knew about the lie. If this guy enters a bus and pray, heaven will come down. After that, the begging will set in. Come and see how people will be rushing to give him money. He made so much money yet he was always unkept.
I think I met this person you're talking about in Okigwe park, Umuahia yesterday. I gave him the little money on me o!
Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by michlins(m): 4:55am On Feb 18, 2022
I don't give money to beggers. No matter how disabled you look. Beggers are businessmen and women and begging is their hustle

What I do is help people with immediate needs. I can pay for your bus ticket provided you're boarding the same bus with me and you happen to be cash stricken.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by iHart(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2022
Kolenda:

I think I met this person you're talking about in Okigwe park, Umuahia yesterday. I gave him the little money on me o!
so this person is still begging? If I jam him again I will shout at him.

1 Like

Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 18, 2022
I hate beggars, especially those ones with no disabilities.
Re: Moment Nairalander Caught Local Scammer Red-handed In Oshodi by Flamees(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
HenryDion:
I hate beggars, especially those ones with no disabilities.
I swear Some even come to our school to beg i just hate seeing them
They should've find work at least selling drinks or so

(1) (Reply)

10 Men Found Dead Along A Bush Path By Ibillo-lampese Road – Police Investigatio / 16 Year Old Girl Sleeps With 52 Men In Anambra / PHOTOS: Young Lady Survives Cut On The Throat From Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.