Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Cook Banga Rice - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How To Cook Banga Rice (383 Views)

How To Cook Ofe Onugbu Bitterleaf Soup / My Husband Expects Me to Cook For HIM every day but I HATE COOKING!! / Em How To Cook Nigeria Mai Mai Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook Banga Rice by sirlegend: 1:50am On Feb 18, 2022
Banga Rice is one of the traditional Nigerian rice recipes, it is prepared with palm fruit concentrate. In the video below, I used tinned palm fruit concentrate to cook the Banga Rice but you can prepare your own palm fruit concentrate from palm fruits.

Ingredients

Long grain parboiled rice
If you are in the USA/UK, use 4 cups.
If you are in Nigeria, use 1 De Rica cup.
If you have a weighing scale, use 700g or 1.5lbs.
400g tinned banga (palm fruit concentrate)
2 smoked fish (smoked mackerels)
1 big stock cube
1 red onion (red onion recommended)
1 tablespoon ground crayfish
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Habanero pepper (to your taste)
Salt (to taste)
Scent leaves (to your liking)

Notes on the ingredients

You can used tinned banga or make your own.
I recommend red onions for Banga Rice but you can use any if you do not have red onions.
Habanero Pepper is atarodo, ose oyibo or atarugu.
Before you cook Banga Rice
Rinse and cut the red onions into small pieces.
Debone the smoked fish and break into big pieces.
Grind the cayenne pepper.
Dice the habanero pepper.
Grind the crayfish.
Rinse the scent leaves and set aside. No need to cut them.

Cooking Directions

https://nigerianrecipes.net/how-to-cook-banga-rice/

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Was Interviewed By Cnn 'photos' / Commission On Election Integrity / The Audience To Perceive Continuous Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.