Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,923 members, 7,852,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. (29139 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2022
ERockson:
No doubt Igbo christians have problems. I have seen some Igbo churches in Yoruba land with ethnic agenda which is not good for Christianity. They need to be checked honestly. Imagine, a Catholic in Yoruba land, They Will form different igbo group like, Igbo Catholic women, buy a bus and name it Igbo Catholic woman, solely for igbo Catholic women activities, Igbo Children youth etc all one in church. Igbos needs to be "educated" , the video of this Rev. Ebere has confirmed the allegation of that Yoruba Reverend Pastor
it’s their money,they can name it whatever they deem fit,did anybody stop you from buying your own bus and naming it anything you wish
Or are you trying to tell people how to spend their own money
you Nigerians have a big problem
Tufia

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by BoBiafra(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2022
What yall envy Ndigbo for; others nations love Ndigbo for it.

Catholic Priests in Portsmouth USA celebrating Mass in Isiagu attire!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBaVgcSm_6A

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by ERockson: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2022
agadez007:
it’s their money,they can name it whatever they deem fit,did anybody stop you from buying your own bus and naming it anything you wish
Or are you trying to tell people how to spend their own money
you Nigerians have a big problem
Tufia
The Church should not allow that as it will polarize the church along ethnic line.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Skyfornia(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
That statement shows Fr. Magnus level of stupidity
That statement alone is the reason why IGBOPHOBIA exist
IGBOS ARE NOT DOMINATING
IGBOS ARE CREATIVE....period!!!

They take chances that others refuse to take.
They easily blend in and act like romans do
That is the reason of Igbo succes Worldwide
IGBOS ARE CREATIVE NOT DOMINATING

To say igbos are dominating means you dont acknowledge the CREATIVE side of igbos.
It is their Creativity that takes them far.
Saying igbos dominate everywhere is VERY BAD
Because it instills fear that if an igbo man stays in my tribe that means by next year he will takeover my land from me.

Hitler used this same statement, to make germans hate the jews
Hitler said Jews are dominating everything and soon nothing will remain for Germans.
He uzed this as a pretext to kill all jews
Ladies and gentlemen, that is how the Holocaust started.

For a so called catholic priest who is Also IGBO to say something like this means he is not Smart
His statement will end up making Igbos look BAD
And make people hostile towards Igbos

Imagine telling a kenyan Man that igbos dominate everywhere. Do you think the kenyan man will allow an igbo man to settle in his area.
The Kenyan man will fear that the igbo man will one day take over. So now you have created Hostility between the Kenyans and igbo.
Now you have given jealous kenyans justification to attack igbo stores
Because in their minds the igbo mans success in their land means igbos are trying to take over and dominate them..

100%✓

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2022
ERockson:
The Church should not allow that as it will polarize the church along ethnic line.
Then buy your own bus so it won’t polarize the church along ethnic line
Or is it only Igbo money that’s good for buying bus?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice one.
This is how we should have collectively reined in that sick ipob terrorist group leader recruited by drug barons and vicious state actors when he called for attack on highly respected Christian leaders of Yoruba extraction before his terrorists burnt down my city on his evil order.

I can never ever support any Yoruba man or woman brazenly calling for the burning down of any Igbo village or town neither or attack on any Igbo leader, the conspiracy of silence by igbo religious, traditional and political leaders when the sick ipob terrorist group leader called for the burning down of Lagos and attack on Pastors and political leaders of Yoruba extraction was what emboldened him to think he can take on the FG.

This is a very good one and I commend the archbishop. The next thing is for the sick man to be arrested by DSS.

If we call these pathetic people to order we may just be able to save lives of those needlessly wasted when their shenanigans escalate.
This is one more reason to support the regulation of the social media. Sick people can not continue to abuse the unsocial media and put the lives of other people in danger and walk away freely without facing the law
Where did you keep your senses
who made the statement first
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Nvestor02: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2022
[s]
agadez007:
then buy your own bus then it would polarize the church along ethnic line
Or is it only Igbo money that’s good in buying bus while yours is spent on owambe and drugs?
[/s]

This rejected people will never stop saying nonsense. .. Majority of Yorubas are not Christian, we are so wise than worshipping a man like us.

Magnus ebere should not only disown but, suspend for one year join.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by aspabay(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2022
agadez007:
All Mfm and redeemed churches in the east are all headed by Yorubas pastors,even in Islam,Yoruba Alfas don’t show face when there is Hausa/northern Alfa present
Why is igbo own a problem to you guys?
Some of you just open mouth and vomit rubbish

Of course, you have never been to those churches you mentioned because your claim is totally false and you know it. Igbos hypocrisy stinks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by ERockson: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2022
agadez007:
Then buy your own bus so it won’t polarize the church along ethnic line
Or is it only Igbo money that’s good for buying bus?
I don't have to buy my own but if were the Pastor of the church I will ban such tribal habit and make the Church one fold

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Nvestor02:
[s][/s]

This rejected people will never stop saying nonsense. .. Majority of Yorubas are not Christian, we are so wise than worshipping a man like us.

Magnus ebere should not only disown but, suspend for one year join.
Na your papa elder sister wey dey for irabiji na him be rejected people

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by davidque: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2022
This is why i speak against ethnism and religious bias on nairaland. Its a devilish tool for division and many ignorant folk subscribe to it. Imagine this senseless, block head priest. Many priest have no business being behind the pulpit. One thing is sure, any tribe that thinks that their exit will spell doom for the rest of the country will be shocked that life will go on and adjustments will be made in time without any major challenge. No one is indispensable in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2022
aspabay:

Of course, you have never been to those churches you mentioned because your claim is totally false and you know it. Igbos hypocrisy stinks
what is this youth talking about,it’s an open secret,there was even a thread about it some years back where small small Yoruba school pastors are Pushed to the east and made head
I am not much of a church person but I have been to Mfm and redeemed in the east and it’s Yoruba pastors
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by agadez007(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2022
ERockson:
I don't have to buy my own but if were the Pastor of the church I will ban such tribal habit and make the Church one fold
Thank God you are not a Pastor

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2022
When a people see themselves as a creation of their language, and an extension of its tribe, it is a direct indication of a collective ignorance of a people which actually is absence of intelligence.

Even if you are to create Biafra, Oduduwa and Arewa Republics from the present day Nigeria, each of the formed Republics will have similar issues as sub-tribes will begin to compete against the others.

What Nigerians need is Intelligence, promoting the Universal Intelligence for clearer understanding that you are all Human Beings now, and will be no more Human Beings when you die, will really help. Then the Question will be; What were we, before becoming Human Beings, and the answer will open up a level of intelligence that will prove that Races, are just subsets of programmable neural network of Cosmic Droids called Mankind with being Human being a very local niche. Hence the nick - Human Being.

You dont wanna descend from Human Family to less systems like tribal, by becoming more selfish due to growing poverty of share-able resources.

Poverty of Wealth is reducing humans to tribes but We all need each other, dont we?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by heniford2: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
IGBOS ARE NOT DOMINATING

To say igbos are dominating means you dont acknowledge the CREATIVE side of igbos.
Saying igbos dominate everywhere is VERY BAD
Because it instills fear that if an igbo man stays in my tribe that means by next year he will takeover my land from me.

Hitler said Jews are dominating everything and soon nothing will remain for Germans.

For a so called catholic priest who is Also IGBO to say something like this means he is not Smart

Imagine telling a kenyan Man that igbos dominate everywhere. Do you think the kenyan man will allow an igbo man to settle in his area.
The Kenyan man will fear that the igbo man will one day take over. So now you have created Hostility between the Kenyans and igbo.
Because in their minds the igbo mans success in their land means igbos are trying to take over and dominate them..
i see sense in what you just said know so true
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Nvestor02: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2022
agadez007:
Na your papa elder sister wey dey for irabiji na him be rejected people

The thing pain you.... Just go ahead and hug the transformer grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by phenase(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2022
cheesy cheesy WATER HAS PASS GARRY.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Dawnofhope: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2022
Good job
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by techWriter3: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2022
He is laud mouthed
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by hatchy(f): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2022
This issue has been a serious problem with my friend's wife with the Igbos in Catholic Church. She complains and often times challenge the Rev Father officiating Mass in Port Harcourt for using Igbo language. She also do so in their women wing. Her arguments is that if you want to use a local language, then use Ikwerre which is the aboriginal language. She said that Igbos always want to dominate.
Well, what can one say about Redeemed Church, Living Faith and all other churches headed or owned by Yoruba people. They will never allow any tribe to hold any sensitive positions and also they dominate in everything and everywhere.

Church have now become our own and not the body of Christ.

Ndi Uchu'

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Hellonearth007: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2022
naptu2:
This is not the first time that Father Magnus Ebere is getting into trouble. He was previously suspended by the Catholic Diocese of Ahiara in Imo State. Click here: Reverend Father Suspended After Criticising Ihedioha

And so.
Don't we have freedom of worship again.
Christians will always show their hate for eachother.
Confused religion
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Vinnie2000(m): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2022
Bahamas95:
There's an element of truth in what he said.

Same thing applies to two big churches in Nigeria, I won't mention names. A particular tribe dominate in the head pastor department. Pastors from other tribes work under them as assistants even in their states...... Community slot dey religion, nor be only football.
Thats Winners Chapel and RCCG. Yoruba Pastors has dominance in dis 2 churches. No matter how we pretend, there is Tribalism in d Nigerian church.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Naugotaya3: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Church don turn school...suspension kwa?na wa ooo..Mad people everywhere.. . MNK!

I don’t understand what you’re saying
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by BePrepared: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
This people are just too funny. Imagine a priest promoting ethnic bigotry on the pulpit. Where did he get the facts that ALL beautiful houses in Nigeria belong to yeebos? It seems these chest beating is generic to the yeebos as its being portrayed by their e-urchins.

Yeebos won't learn from history. You can't preach hate on a wholesome scale and not expect a big reprisal. When the table turns now, you begin to hear all manners of lullabies in the name of victimization and marginalization. Why do you always look for trouble when you can't bear the consequences in silence?

Must the Igbo tribe gone into extinction through military drills before they start applying decorum in all they do? How could a single tribe believe it can withstand the armories of over 300 other tribes? Who's deceiving these lots? Civil War ended decades ago but it appear yeebos haven't outgrown it.

Are u OK at all, is he the spokesman of Ohanaeze or Igbo spokesman, so if an individual speaks in the north it means the north have spoken.

Recieve sense
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by koning: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
IGBOS ARE NOT DOMINATING

[b]Saying igbos dominate everywhere is VERY BAD

Mehnnn....i experienced that fear of Igbos first hand in Lagos some 13 years ago. Rented an entire house from an agent in Lagos. Never met the landlady. I parked a couple of busses and cars in the compound. 6 months down the line, one elderly woman and her daughters showed up. They started screaming that i want to take over her property. That somebody told them that i now own the house. Ol' boy, see wahala ooo. They were so paranoid even after i assured them that my stay there is temporal.

Anyway, i exhausted my one year rent and left. That fear, especially among Yoruba's is very real.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by IPIGSRHYPO: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Delusional religious clowns.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by LasgidyPort: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
ERockson:
No doubt Igbo christians have problems. I have seen some Igbo churches in Yoruba land with ethnic agenda which is not good for Christianity. They need to be checked honestly. Imagine, a Catholic in Yoruba land, They Will form different igbo group like, Igbo Catholic women, buy a bus and name it Igbo Catholic woman, solely for igbo Catholic women activities, Igbo Children youth etc all one in church. Igbos needs to be "educated" , the video of this Rev. Ebere has confirmed the allegation of that Yoruba Reverend Pastor

The man you are referring to is not yoruba Reverend but from Edo.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by aspabay(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
agadez007:
what is this youth talking about,it’s an open secret,there was even a thread about it some years back where small small Yoruba school pastors are Pushed to the east and made head
I am not much of a church person but I have been to Mfm and redeemed in the east and it’s Yoruba pastors

I repeat, you do not know what you are talking about
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by ERockson: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
LasgidyPort:

The man you are referring to is not yoruba Reverend but from Edo.
Thank you
Re: Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. by Henz81: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Realists:
Igbos have dominating & marginalizing churches around Nigeria. Yet they cry marginalization in the Nigerian political arena.

Don't you think karma is serving them what they deserve ?.
You are talking out of point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2020 RCCG Virtual Crossover Service To Year 2021 Live! / T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Church Members Roll In Mud Water After Falling Under Anointing (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.