Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Bible (466 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contradictions In The Bible by kamtrix(m): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
People have constantly faulted the contradictions In the Bible. Some say there are even up to 20,000 contradictions in the Bible. We're exploring some of them in the video below. Please watch it before you comment. Thanks.

Lalasticlala please sir, we know today is not Sunday but the promised land is nearby, Please help us push small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6iPUpHGW8
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
Push what?
What are you pushing?
If you ain't posting readable evidence here then I don't know what to tell you apart from the fact that the Bible is a normal book like every other spiritual ones meant to cage gullible persons
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Only gullible folks still believe in this old aged scam.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kamtrix(m): 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please just to reiterate, watch the video before commenting. It strengthens your comment. Thanks.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your explanation about the contradiction is not of the Bible stand point, it's based on your own idea which I will advise you and any listener not to lean on it. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kamtrix(m): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2022
kingyakos:
Your explanation about the contradiction is not of the Bible stand point, it's based on your own idea which I will advise you and any listener not to lean on it. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
it's from the logical point, which is also the reality. Please let's all hear your own explanation. Probably it's better
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
kamtrix:

it's from the logical point, which is also the reality. Please let's all hear your own explanation. Probably it's better

Imagine you are listening to one person telling you what is in God's word from Genesis to Revelation.
The information is so much that it has to be divided into 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses.
Before you get to half of the information contained in this big book of books surely you will feel there are contradictions. But what about if you should get a student from the Author who will explain to you what the Author meant with this information? smiley
Well there's no contradictions in that book but when you've not met with those sent by the Author to TEACH you what's in the book surely everything will sound contradicting to you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
kamtrix:
Explanation for what exactly? Be more specific. undecided

Consistency and Contradiction

We say that a statement, or set of statements is logically consistent when it involves no logical contradiction. A logical contradiction is the conjunction of a statement S and its denial not-S. In logic, it is a fundamental law- the law of non contradiction- that a statement and its denial cannot both be true at the same time. Here are some simple examples of contradictions.

1. I love you and I don't love you.

2. Butch is married to Barb but Barb is not married to Butch.

3. I know I promised to show up today, but I don't see why I should come if I don't feel like it.

4. The restaurant opens at five o'clock and it begins serving between four and nine.

5. John Lasagna will be a little late for the party. He died yesterday.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
kamtrix:
..... There's no contradiction in the Bible, wen you hear people say Bible contradict it's because they lack the wisdom of understanding which is a gift from God and God alone cos he is the absolute and him alone operate in the dimension of thought that is beyond all he created. Men who wrote the Bible got inspired by God, some of them are unschooled don't even know how to read and write but they were inspired to do so. It was written by different men in different region and it all came together to marry it self without contradiction and without second edition...
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
kingyakos:
1. There's no contradiction in the Bible, wen you hear people say Bible contradict it's because they lack the wisdom of understanding which is a gift from God and God alone cos he is the absolute and him alone operate in the dimension of thought that is beyond all he created.

2. Men who wrote the Bible got inspired by God, some of them are unschooled don't even know how to read and write but they were inspired to do so. It was written by different men in different region and it all came together to marry it self without contradiction and without second edition...
1. I disagree! There bible is a compendium of books all penned by humans, translated by humans for human consumption. So to claim that the book is inerrant, without contradictions and all other claims pastors and mogs love to make is to conclude that that which was put together by humans was is perfect and we know that to be impossible. undecided

Also, according to Jesus Christ, there are no special powers necessary where understanding of what is written is to be obtained. Instead His instructions are that we use the understanding we have - basic human language comprehension skills is a start - in order to receive more understanding - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28 & Matthew 25 vs 29 undecided

2. Again, the books, as a result of their human authorship, contain errors and possible contradictory claims.. undecided
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Imagine you are listening to one person telling you what is in God's word from Genesis to Revelation.
The information is so much that it has to be divided into 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses.
Before you get to half of the information contained in this big book of books surely you will feel there are contradictions. But what about if you should get a student from the Author who will explain to you what the Author meant with this information? smiley
Well there's no contradictions in that book but when you've not met with those sent by the Author to TEACH you what's in the book surely everything will sound contradicting to you! smiley

....nice one bro. There are gifted people who can actually TEACH what is written in the book and one of them is Christ that's why he was called Rabbi and he is still teaching till tomorrow. I will send you a comforter and he shall guide u into all truth,cos I go to my father but I will be with u and even in you. And what is the truth the WORD. Not all this Pentecostal social gospel u hear all this big pastors preaching, preaching what they were thought in seminary or pastors school and comes out with certificate,u can't put God in certificate neither can u learn God in schools.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I disagree! There bible is a compendium of books all penned by humans, translated by humans for human consumption. So to claim that the book is inerrant, without contradictions and all other claims pastors and mogs love to make is to conclude that that which was put together by humans was is perfect and we know that to be impossible. undecided

Also, according to Jesus Christ, there are no special powers necessary where understanding of what is written is to be obtained. Instead His instructions are that we use the understanding we have - basic human language comprehension skills is a start - in order to receive more understanding - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28 & Matthew 25 vs 29 undecided

2. Again, the books, as a result of their human authorship, contain errors and possible contradictory claims.. undecided
....yes it was penned by human but it carries not the words of human. Remember John in the isle called Patmos, what did the spirit told him ( WHAT YOU HEAR AND WHAT YOU SEE WRITE) without any educational background, didn't even know how to read and write but when the spirit came upon him, wrote perfectly. Find time to read the story of John and where is called isle of Patmos and you can never I repeat again never understand the scripture with your own understanding.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
kingyakos:
1. ....yes it was penned by human but it carries not the words of human.

2. Remember John in the isle called Patmos, what did the spirit told him ( WHAT YOU HEAR AND WHAT YOU SEE WRITE) without any educational background, didn't even know how to read and write but when the spirit came upon him, wrote perfectly.

3. Find time to read the story of John and where is called isle of Patmos and you can never I repeat again never understand the scripture with your own understanding.
1. I am a afraid that is where you are wrong. The books are contain the words and thoughts/opinions of men, demons and Satan and of God. So how can you claim it does not contain the words of humans? undecided

2. Who lied to you that John has no educational background? undecided

3. I have read all of John's books including the Gospel of John, his letters and I don't think you are speaking of the one and same John at all. undecided
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 12:22am On Mar 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am a afraid that is where you are wrong. The books are contain the words and thoughts/opinions of men, demons and Satan and of God. So how can you claim it does not contain the words of humans? undecided

2. Who lied to you that John has no educational background? undecided

3. I have read all of John's books including the Gospel of John, his letters and I don't think you are speaking of the one and same John at all. undecided
....Read the foxes book of history. Also read men call him master. Which book, chapter or verse in the Bible contains words of human especially in the new testament.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Mar 02, 2022
kingyakos:
....Read the foxes book of history. Also read men call him master
Huh? undecided

Why would I read the opinions of men on this? undecided
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2022
2. Who lied to you that John has no educational background?
And what time will a fisherman of that age has for education?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 12:50am On Mar 02, 2022
2. Who lied to you that John has no educational background?

And what time will a fisherman has to go to school as of that age, or did he study fishing in school before becoming a fisherman?. I will like to share an audio tape with u if u care
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 12:54am On Mar 02, 2022
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=110674196]Huh? undecided

undecided[/qAnd what time will a fisherman has to go to school as of that age, or did he study fishing in school before becoming a fisherman?. I will like to share an audio tape with u if u care]
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2022
kingyakos:

And what time will a fisherman has to go to school as of that age, or did he study fishing in school before becoming a fisherman?. I will like to share an audio tape with u if u care
So let us assume then that all of the disciples were not learned in the art of writing and reading before their meeting of Jesus Christ, OK. undecided

However, from the time of Jesus Christ's death, to the time the Gospels, the epistles and eventually the Book of Revelations was penned down, decades has gone by. To assume these men could not have, in that time, honed that skill, is a bit far fetched, don't you think? undecided

1 Like

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by kingyakos: 1:27am On Mar 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So let us assume then that all of the disciples were not learned in the art of writing and reading before their meeting of Jesus Christ, OK. undecided

However, from the time of Jesus Christ's death, to the time the Gospels, the epistles and eventually the Book of Revelations was penned down, decades has gone by. To assume these men could not have, in that time, honed that skill, is a bit far fetched, don't you think? undecided
......I agree with you to some extent on this but to say going to school to learned reading and writing like apostle Paul is what I disagree
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Mar 02, 2022
kingyakos:
......I agree with you to some extent on this but to say going to school to learned reading and writing like apostle Paul is what I disagree
School ke? Ofcourse not, and not like Paul. They probably had tutors back then, not elaborate schools like you have these days. undecided

1 Like

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 5:00am On Mar 02, 2022
kingyakos:
..... There's no contradiction in the Bible, wen you hear people say Bible contradict it's because they lack the wisdom of understanding which is a gift from God and God alone cos he is the absolute and him alone operate in the dimension of thought that is beyond all he created. ...

Sweet!

1 Like

Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08am On Mar 02, 2022
kingyakos:
....yes it was penned by human but it carries not the words of human...

It would have been better to have stuck on if he had the wisdom of understanding which is given by God alone as you said

"because they lack the wisdom of understanding which is a gift from God and God alone".

And it is more than proven here that the coin junkie, does not have it.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Have Info On Money Ritual / There Were Days When The Church / The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.