Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher (4613 Views)

Meet The Young Men Behind BBNAIJA Official Sponsors, Abeg & Patricia (Pics) / Inside Life: Erica To Launch New Reality TV Series On MTV Base / 13 Reasons To Watch The 13th Season Of MTV's Wild ‘N Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Qtsnow(m): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
MTV Base today announced Nigeria’s number one candy brand, TomTom, as the official sponsor of the new season of MTV BASE CYPHER which premieres on Sunday, 27 February 2022, at 19:00 WAT.

Tagged ‘Freshman Class’, the all-new season (third in the sequence) is set to feature series of thrilling rap battles, amongst different teams, with winners to be determined by the viewers.

Speaking about the TomTom sponsorship of the show, Category Manager, Morolake Emokpaire, says that “Through the MTV Base Cypher, we are connecting the TomTom’s essence of giving consumers the clarity of voice and confidence for expression with the passion point of millions of Nigerians, music. Having kicked off our IMC campaign (Breathe For It) last year, sponsoring the MTV Base Cypher is just one of the many activities we have in store for TomTom. As a music genre that is fun, vibrant, refreshing and edgy, Rap is an integral part of the Nigerian music culture. It embodies the lyrical uniqueness and expressions of individual talents, and that’s something we connect to as a brand.”

Base cypher is a short form that caters to the rap culture and gives performers an opportunity to share their truth. This season’s MTV Base Cypher’s ‘Freshman Class’ will see Africa’s best young, up and coming rappers paired up into various groups for a friendly face-off and a chance to win the grand prize of one million naira.

The Country Manager, Paramount Africa, Bada Akintunde-Johnson, said, “Nigeria’s music industry is brimming with refreshing talent. So far, we have seen hip-hop, soul, afro-pop, afro-fusion and similar genres of music flourish. MTV Base launched the Base Cypher to ensure that while engendering an enabling environment for music artistes, no genre is left behind.”

“Rap culture has blossomed in Nigeria, and we have quite a number of quality lyricists seeking global platforms like MTV Base to showcase their talent to a wider audience. Through the Cypher, we want to give budding artistes the visibility they need to ‘blow’”, he continued.

To catch all episodes of MTV Base Cypher ‘Freshman Class’, tune in to MTV Base DStv Channel 322 and GOtv Channel 72, every Sunday at 19:00 WAT starting 27 February 2022. You can also follow @mtvbasewest across all social media platforms for more exciting scoops from the show and join the conversation using the hashtags #TomTomxMTVBase and #MTVBaseCypher.

###

About TomTom
TomTom Classic is a strong menthol-flavoured candy that is popular with both the young and the old. It is your leading Black candy with signature white stripes; that refreshes and eases any discomfort in the throat by clearing the airway and providing instant soothing relief.

TomTom leaves you with clearer and fresher breath, making it a handy companion, especially during the Harmattan season. It's lemon-green variant, TomTom Freshlime, is ‘Cool with a Zing’ featuring the same white stripes. It offers a tasty blend of lime freshness and menthol coolness for soothing relief.

TomTom comes in bags of 40 units, with each candy wrapped in a pillow pack. With TomTom, you feel positively recharged, re-centred and ready to breathe for your passions.

About MTV Base
MTV Base is the leading youth media brand inspired by music in nearly 180 countries and 450 million homes worldwide, connecting with over 350 million fans across all social media platforms. A unit of Paramount Global, MTV Base operations span across cable and mobile networks, live events like the MTV Africa Music Awards, reality shows, and music shows. For more information about MTV in Africa, visit http://www.mtvbase.com.

About Red Media Africa
Red Media Africa (www.redmediaafrica.com) is the PR & Empowerment Marketing division under the parent brand, RED. It focuses on using inspiration, empowerment, and action to help brands and organisations connect with their audiences, enhance their bottom-lines, and lead in their industries. It has 6 major practice areas: Corporate Practice, Technology Practice, SME Practice, Governance Practice, Faith Practice, and the International Practice – with work for brands across Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and South Africa. It has been recognized with multiple local and international awards including the Gold SABRE Awards for PR Campaigns and the Young Lions PR competition for the next generation of creatives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Calibrator: 6:59am On Feb 22, 2022
I am definitely not the only person who loves cyphers more than pre-recorded rap singles.

There is a thrill about the on the spot bars being spit raw and direct from the heart.

Eagerly anticipating!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Kenneth10110(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2022
Nigerian idol and BB Naija go allow una shine ?.
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by MrWondah(m): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2022
grin
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 22, 2022
Anybody voice wey crack go receive tomtom plenty tomtom, the day I learnt don't take tomtom before meal, it can ruin the food taste

1 Like

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by EKLE: 7:12am On Feb 22, 2022
I can't wait
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2022
I love rap die

4 Likes

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by crystalpapers(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2022
I love rap die

Same here.
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Offpoint1: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2022
How do I join, rap his one of my hidden talent
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:
I love rap die

You love rap

You love rap

When asked to mention your fav raps
You start mentioning sell out rappers

Do you know what rap truly is ?
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

You love rap

You love rap

When asked to mention your fav raps
You start mentioning sell out rappers

Do you know what rap truly is ?
See this kiddo trying to lecture me about rap u think I will mention Zlatan and the other noise makers as rappers as it stands now in Naija if u not vining you SDC Blaqbonez Boogie Reminisce Mojo AQ u are on a long thing
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 9:24am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:

See this kiddo trying to lecture me about rap u think I will mention Zlatan and the other noise makers as rappers as it stands now in Naija if u not vining you SDC Blaqbonez Boogie Reminisce Mojo AQ u are on a long thing

SDC checked
Guess you meant boogey (not boogie with da hoodie)
AQ checked

Dude again you know nothing bout raps.... Just stick with your poco Lee and portable vibes...
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by John389(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2022
Let the Battle Begin

1 Like

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

SDC checked
Guess you meant boogey (not boogie with da hoodie)
AQ checked

Dude again you know nothing bout raps.... Just stick with your poco Lee and portable vibes...
Banny show me ur fav rappers then or stfu
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:

Banny show me ur fav rappers then or stfu

It will be a waste of my precious lil time cuz you won't know em....

So lemme stfu

Again dude you know Nada bout rap!!!!

Do have a lovely day and don't forget to place your fav song zazu or whatever it is called on repeat
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

It will be a waste of my precious lil time cuz you won't know em....

So lemme stfu

Again dude you know Nada bout rap!!!!

Do have a lovely day and don't forget to place your fav song zazu or whatever it is called on repeat

It’s funny how u think an alte guy like me won’t know any rapper you have stocked up there but nevertheless have a good day too and mind you I DONT DO THEM ZAZZOO AMD ZANKU JAMZ

I’m completely altè and rap boy
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 9:50am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:

It’s funny how u think an alte guy like me won’t know any rapper you have stocked up there but nevertheless have a good day too and mind you I DONT DO THEM ZAZZOO AMD ZANKU JAMZ

I’m completely altè and rap boy

Altè maybe

But you see that rap boy ... Please stop it... Again you know zero bout rap and rap sef doesn't recog you...

Stick with your Yoruba songs pasuma, obesere, olamide, portable, zlatan , etc

1 Like

Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Altè maybe

But you see that rap boy ... Please stop it... Again you know zero bout rap and rap sef doesn't recog you...

Stick with your Yoruba songs pasuma, obesere, olamide, portable, zlatan , etc
Now I see say u dey ment
Mad girl just dey whine me ni sha
Have a good day jor
Pasuma kor osupa ni
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:

Now I see say u dey ment
Mad girl just dey whine me ni sha
Have a good day jor
Pasuma kor osupa ni

Iam not whyning you

Iam stating a fact that you don't know nada bout rap...

Who is your best rapper in Africa ?
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Iam not whyning you

Iam stating a fact that you don't know nada bout rap...

Who is your best rapper in Africa ?
I will tell you when you tell me your favorite rappers in 9ja
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2022
Whazar:

I will tell you when you tell me your favorite rappers in 9ja

Lord v

Boogey

Jesse

Ifvck with yung6ix

Sdc

Eva

Mode9

Overdose

Zee

Fvcks with corizo

Now who's your best in Africa
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by l0uie(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by l0uie(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

You're so aggressive. I like. Who are your favorite rappers? American rappers, that is.
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 10:21am On Feb 22, 2022
l0uie:

You're so aggressive. I like. Shock me, who are your favorite rappers?

Make me laugh

Why not electrocute me first..... Tell me your fav rappers
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Whazar(m): 10:28am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Lord v

Boogey

Jesse

Ifvck with yung6ix

Sdc

Eva

Mode9

Overdose

Zee

Fvcks with corizo

Now who's your best in Africa
I jam those rappers you mentioned there
Jesse was a beast in his prime
Eriga over yung6ix
Terry tha rapman and overdose legend
I told you I like SDC and Boogey too so wdu mean I don’t know anything about rap
Do u even know fresh L, vayder, classiq phenom??

As for Africa it’s either Nasty or Die Antwoord
Ghost too dey rep for Naija
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by l0uie(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Make me laugh

Why not electrocute me first..... Tell me your fav rappers

Don't tempt me. I'm Mr capable, I could do damn near everything. Could make you roll your eyes backwards, even.

We're not finna do that. I put my girls first,so baby girl you've gotta go first then I cum after. Hehe.
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2022
[quote author=Whazar post=110441068]
I jam those rappers you mentioned there
Jesse was a beast in his prime
Eriga over yung6ix
Terry tha rapman and overdose legend
I told you I like SDC and Boogey too so wdu mean I don’t know anything about rap
Do u even know fresh L, vayder, classiq phenom??

@bolded
Nah don't know em but I'd look em up now...

As for Africa it’s either Nasty or Die Antwoord
Ghost too dey rep for Naija

Nasty proverb kwesi nyovest manifest EL

Trying to work on a joint of mine, time and parental pressure won't let me breathe
Re: Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher by Candidlady: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2022
l0uie:

Don't tempt me. I'm Mr capable, I could do damn near everything. Could make you roll your eyes backwards, even.

We're not finna do that. I put my girls first,so baby girl you've gotta go first then I cum after. Hehe.

Do have a lovely day....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? / Ladies Would You Take This Fat Man As A Husband / Watch Funny African Comedy Videos And Crazy Comedy Skits On Ipallyskits.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.