Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) (42834 Views)

Daddy Showkey Shows Off New Look / Mamuzee Twins: "Until Our Mother Is Buried, We Won’t Respond To Daddy Showkey" / Mamuzee Twins' Mother Is Dead, Daddy Showkey Calls Them Out For Neglecting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by jaybenugo: 7:05am On Feb 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwnOlT1gt0

Nigerian singer, John Odafe Asiemo, popularly known as Daddy Showkey paid a visit to the single room where he was raised, in Ajegunle, Lagos, IGBERETV reports.

The singer who filmed the visit revealed that he, his mother, and his brothers lived in that single room for years, until he became famous.

He revealed that the video for his hit song, Dyna, was also shot in the room. He also revealed that he still pays rent for the room and has been doing so for years, even though he has no idea who the current tenants are.

Sharing the video on his Instagram handle, he wrote;

" I took a visit to the house and the room I use to leave with my mother and my brothers you can’t believe I was born in house in this same room, I still retain the room, I still pay for the room till date I don’t even know who is leaving in the room today I have a lot of history in that house, oh my God"

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaPgxb5sHdx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by decatalyst(m): 7:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Where it all started...from grass to grace.

He has a very strong attachment to the room.

Glad he is paying the rent and doesn't even care who is living inside it.

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by ikorodureporta: 7:25am On Feb 22, 2022
Leave

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by GraphicsMaster1: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Truly, this is not news worthy.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by akinmusi(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Grace

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Damidave1124(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Do not despise the days of little beginning

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by peetow: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Back to the root

1 Like

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Showkey baba, we still love u. U hv played your part in d music industry and u never gave us nudity to watch, u never gave us yahooze to sing, u never gave us politician to hail.
I really missed d good oldies, not all these indomie generation that liters everywhere including iyaebe

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by chukwuibuipob: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2022
sad
Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Urbanchampion: 7:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Unfortunately that room still reflects on his existence, that's why he couldn't differentiate the difference between LIVE and LEAVE

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by hekola: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Real story, not all these yahoo celeb we have these days.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by chatinent: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Person still come there come steal pictures?

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Mooh247: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2022
No wonder he built his mother a nice apartment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by 9jayes: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2022
hekola:
Real story, not all these yahoo celeb we have these days.

He was actually a yahoo boy
Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by simplepee(f): 7:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Wow. Some men just do things that melts your heart cry cry . He must have a soft heart.

Mothers are just so strong. I can relate to growing up with my siblings and mother in a single room too. May God bless our mothers.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by lailo: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2022
Daddy Showky,as a financial expert, that's a waste of your resources.#fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Enemyofpeace: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2022
Lalasticlala and mynd44 show us where you were burned

1 Like

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Vicben(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2022
If there's life, there's hope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by updatechange(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2022
Baba Showkey, I remember em days... Bringing memories back is a lovely thing grin grin grin

See the smile on baba's face Omo, money is good o,
One day mesef go visit where I was born too tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Bahamas95(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2022
Stories like this is a motivation for all legit hustlers out there.....Don't ever give up in life, weeping may endure for the night but joy cometh in the morning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by visijo(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2022
A GIRL is said to be GROWN UP when she starts wearing BRA

A BOY is said to be GROWN UP when he starts REMOVING IT
���� �

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by McAausim: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
grin

Home is home....
Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Enemyofpeace: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Urbanchampion:
Unfortunately that room still reflects on his existence, that's why he couldn't differentiate the difference between LIVE and LEAVE
who English epp? Dey there dey carry foreign language for head like cap. Mtcheeeeeeeeew

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by hardbody: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Nostalgic for him. I can quite relate. I still visit the compound and house where my parents stayed and where we grew up while in secondary school at Owerri. Quite a number of the people are no longer there but a few others still recognize us and whenever I go there, I hang out with the men and share gifts to the small boys and girls. My history won't be complete without that transition.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by sunnitus: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
May divine Grace, and Heavenly Favour locate us all this year in Jesus Name, Amen....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by Neddstark: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Everybody just wan use something catch clout. And bloggers go use am for content. Abeg, make dem demolish that building, build something better. Showkey focus on your future. You have been musically irrelevant for the past 2 decades.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by ZombieTERROR: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
fire fire

ina our country country

give me plenty water

make I quench the fire...

nobody can help Nigeria when you have Yoruba Muslims in it.
they packaged Buhari as the Messiah.. today we are the poverty capital with borrow borrow mentality.

tomorrow they want another diaper wearing ancestor as president.
A Muslim handing over to another failed Muslim all because of Yoruba Muslims..

God forbid. spits

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by ecomalchemist(m): 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
The trenches will humble you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Showkey Visits The Single Room Apartment He Was Raised In (Video) by juman(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2022
Glory be to God.
Hard work pays.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold Celebrates His Wife, Simi's 31st Birthday / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde And Bovi In Playful Mood (Pictured). / Moyo Lawal In Massive Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.