Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education (6110 Views)

Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Must Read / Do You Need A University Education To Be Smart And Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by ayinba1(f): 1:43am On Jun 27, 2011
Hello house.

There is a scenario playing out at this time and I need some input here.
There is a teenager who has the opportunity to live in the US with green card but also has the option of Attending a private university in Nigeria. The aunty is the guardian(father is dead, mother MIA) who does not have a similar range of options insists that she should attend university in Nigeria.

What is the underlying reason for such a decision? Are the private universities really better? Or is this a ploy to ensure that the child does not attain his/her full potentials?
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by chigo4u: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2011
Once is about aunties and uncles, I smell jealousy. I bet his aunt will not be thinkn abt this her option with her child. We are talking about a greencard here and High education. Anyways, does everything now make the homepage?
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Sweetnecta: 3:30am On Jun 27, 2011
greencard can come later, after he finishes University.

who knows what will becomes Nigerian economy by the time he graduates.

greencard is worth less than the academic opportunity he has right now. by the time he finishes his first degree, he will be a better person than the unnecessary struggle and the unknowns that may be waiting in amerca.

and you know that it takes a split second to get lost in the potential horror called United States. Not all glitters are gold.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:35am On Jun 27, 2011
Solution, tell the girl to put otapiapia(rat poison) in her anty's food because I see her Anty as enemy of progress! grin Which dirty private university are you talking about? the world is even struggling to recognise our Federal Universities and you are talking of private and to make matter worst you are comparing it with US Universities which include Havard and MIT, you well at all?

Tell the poor girl to run away from home and if she doesn't know where to run to I can send her details of our Priest because she need God's protection
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by beejaei: 3:37am On Jun 27, 2011
@SweetNecta

You are an enemy of progress.

@OP

Don't mind them. I came to the US 3 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me. YOu will struggle for the first 6-9 months, but after that, you become empowered to do whatever with your life and rise as hard as you can work.

It is easier if you have family here.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:39am On Jun 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

greencard can come later, after he finishes University.

who knows what will becomes Nigerian economy by the time he graduates.

greencard is worth less than the academic opportunity he has right now. by the time he finishes his first degree, he will be a better person than the unnecessary struggle and the unknowns that may be waiting in amerca.

and you know that it takes a split second to get lost in the potential horror called United States. Not all glitters are gold.
Sweetnecta, my spirit tells me that you are the anty  grin grin and people like you will always give bad advice. What horror? ask your self if it was this anty's child will she allow her stay in Naija? But OP one thing that you did not explain is this opportunity you are talking about, did it fall from heaven? You did not explain how this opportunity came about!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by ayinba1(f): 3:41am On Jun 27, 2011
Not from heaven! And thanks for your responses. The child qualified for the green card under a special program through the mother's family.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:43am On Jun 27, 2011
beejaei:

@SweetNecta

@OP

Don't mind them. I came to the US 3 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me. YOu will struggle for the first 6-9 months, but after that, you become empowered to do whatever with your life and rise as hard as you can work.

Good bless you abeg, people like sweetnecta is why Nigeria is still behind, the fear of the unknown, If oyibo man fear unknown dem go build Aeroplane? or even design cloth, by now if dem fear unknown as sweetnecta described it we would have been walking about naked or covered by leaves
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by BABE3: 3:44am On Jun 27, 2011
If the guardians have the money, asin correct money (not the one that he'll  work for 12 hours, study for 12 hrs), to sponsor the guy to study in the US, then I see no reason why they would choose Naija's education over US's.

Education here (US) is BAD-A$$. It's sweet. lol. It's makes you want to study (If you know what you're doing).

It's better to hustle in Naija than to hustle in yankee. Hustling get levels o. But if he can work HARD and study at the same time, then no problem.

Or is the child wayward?

Or wait o, if the child is gonna get a green card then I don't think it's gonna be that bad.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:45am On Jun 27, 2011
ayinba1:

Not from heaven! And thanks for your responses. The child qualified for the green card under a special program through the mother's family.

Tell her to go to US embassy or write to them and tell them her predicament
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by ayinba1(f): 3:49am On Jun 27, 2011
@ the US education will be fully funded by the sponsor as far as I know. The biggest concern is that this child may age out while all this back and forth is going on.

I also think it is jealousy but wanted to see if their was a different/justifiable reason for the aunty's reasoning.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:49am On Jun 27, 2011
BABE!:

If the guardians have the money, asin correct money (not the one that he'll work for 12 hours, study for 12 hrs), to sponsor the guy to study in the US, then I see no reason why they would choose Naija's education over US's.

Education here (US) is BAD-A$$. It's sweet. lol. It's makes you want to study (If you know what you're doing).

It's better to hustle in Naija than to hustle in yankee. Hustling get levels o. But if he can work HARD and study at the same time, then no problem.

Or is the child wayward?

Or wait o, if the child is gonna get a green card then I don't think it's gonna be that bad.

Is it compulsory she must study in the first 2 years? She can spend first 2 years working and save enough to give her the privilege to work reduced hours when studying and that is a better approach because that worked for me
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by BABE3: 3:54am On Jun 27, 2011
^^ No, it's not compulsory. If her status allows it, then fine. The OP already said money is not the problem sef. I think it's jealousy then, or they are just scared to let her "into the wilderness" alone.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 3:56am On Jun 27, 2011
ayinba1:

@ the US education will be fully funded by the sponsor as far as I know. The biggest concern is that this child may age out while all this back and forth is going on.

I also think it is jealousy but wanted to see if their was a different/justifiable reason for the aunty's reasoning.

Listen my name is Mr koju-Maribi Ese l'ogun e, tell this so called anty that I say she is a Witch!, Aje(Yoruba) ogbanje or amusu(igbo language) and for the last time please stop comparing a Nigeria private University with any University in Ghana not to talk of USA

1 Like

Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by BABE3: 4:00am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Listen my name is Mr koju-Maribi Ese l'ogun e, tell this so called anty that I say she is a Witch!, Aje(Yoruba) ogbanje or amusu(igbo language) and for the last time please stop comparing a Nigeria private University with any University in Ghana not to talk of USA

Ese l'ogun e? I thought it was "gbogbo ara l'ogun e". Remixxxxx--lol

Easy on the aunty abeg. We don't know her reasons. She probably had a vision--who knows.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 4:09am On Jun 27, 2011
BABE!:

Ese l'ogun e? I thought it was "gbogbo ara l'ogun e". Remixxxxx--lol

Easy on the aunty abeg. We don't know her reasons. She probably had a vision--who knows.

I feel you BABE grin cheesy but people like that anty suppose to dey live for apadi grin if you get me
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by DamiKhojie(m): 4:32am On Jun 27, 2011
Take it. I go to a top tier private university in the US and if your getting a free ride than take it you won't regret it my school is about $50000 a year (tuition+other fees included) and even public universities cost $15000-$30000 for people who aren't residents of the state. If money is no issue than go.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 27, 2011
DamiKhojie:

Take it. I go to a top tier private university in the US and if your getting a free ride than take it you won't regret it my school is about $50000 a year (tuition+other fees included) and even public universities cost $15000-$30000 for people who aren't residents of the state. If money is no issue than go.

Besides telling us about your school and how much it costs, i struggle to see what relevance ur post has to the topic.

@ topic - A USA education is the best as long as the child has a green card. Max he/she can work for a yr or two to raise enough money to enter school or qualify for a FAFSA loan. It seems to me the aunt is trying to keep her here so she can forfeit the green card. I believe her guardians are sponsoring her for the green card primarily because she is under 21. If she stays back in naija and gets over 21, she loses that green card. Better to take it now!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by iragbijile: 5:30am On Jun 27, 2011
^^^

Leave him alone, Mr. gene linkage as if the rest of us did not learn about gene linkage in college.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 5:36am On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

Besides telling us about your school and how much it costs, i struggle to see what relevance your post has to the topic.

@ topic - A USA education is the best as long as the child has a green card. Max he/she can work for a yr or two to raise enough money to enter school or qualify for a FAFSA loan. It seems to me the aunt is trying to keep her here so she can forfeit the green card. I believe her guardians are sponsoring her for the green card primarily because she is under 21. If she stays back in naija and gets over 21, she loses that green card. Better to take it now!

Honestly after the last posting before your I just lost interest in the thread  grin grin The guy just use this opportunity wan shine!!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by iragbijile: 5:41am On Jun 27, 2011
^^^^

So what?

Just because you dont have it doesnt mean he shouldnt bragg about his education.

Dont hate the player, be better at your game
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by repogirl1: 5:45am On Jun 27, 2011
A green card to US is better than anything anyone can offer you in Nigeria. Say what you like but that's my op. Besides, once you get there you can make opportunities for yourself and once you've been blessed with good things you can come back and settle if you wish.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by member479760: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2011
Let her go get the education in yankee, even some high schools in yankee are far better than most universities in Nigeria.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by ragdollz: 6:15am On Jun 27, 2011
repo girl:

A green card to US is better than anything anyone can offer you in Nigeria. Say what you like but that's my op. Besides, once you get there you can make opportunities for yourself and once you've been blessed with good things you can come back and settle if you wish.

Makes sense.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by YoruIgbo(m): 6:36am On Jun 27, 2011
You guys are not addressing the issue here! the issue here is not which University is better between Nigerian Universities and USA Universities, ask the most stupid person in Nigeria you will get the same answer USA. The problem here is the bad belle anty that doesn't want the poor girl to survive and that's what we should be addressing here.

Which private, federal or state university in the world is better than Havard University?
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by kotoye: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2011
oya pack your load and head to the usa. private university? in nigeria?, pulz
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2011
beejaei:

@SweetNecta

@OP

I bet SweetNecta is her Aunty cheesy
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by jackkyy(m): 6:47am On Jun 27, 2011
i live in the US but i will tell you this.i attended  mayflower school ikkenne ogun state for my high school education. american high school standards are not as good as what i had. even an american will tell you that. but their colleges are way better than naija. i will advise whoever has the opportunity to study here to take it. there are unlimited opportunities with college degrees in respectable fields here. and you dont have to worry about that JAMB crap. there are thousands of colleges here that conduct their own placement tests in english and math. if you dont do well in the math, they make you take some pre college math classes before you start taking college classes.if you dont have any degree or license here you will keep working dead end jobs just to pay bills but wont have a good amount in your savings. you walk before you run. everything is one step at a time
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Musiwa42: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2011
I will say go and get your green card. it is a one time chance. And go to school. but it all depend on if you are not married. if you are think twice. Ko si oko ni america.  But dont bring down nigeria universities like i see you people do online.
this is one of them
[img]http://1.bp..com/_nrJ7Q6RWa7w/S6yeazYvKbI/AAAAAAAAACQ/WiDL9DrDTks/s1600/covenant+Uni+refix.jpg[/img]
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Musiwa42: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2011
here is another of the private university in nigeria

Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Musiwa42: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2011
this is a university in nigeria

Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Gbenge77(m): 6:53am On Jun 27, 2011
The crucial word here is the green card which guarantees her American citizenship provided she maintains that status for five years.Why would the fella miss out on such a huge opportunity?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Will You Want To Sleep With Another Man's Wife / Boy Of 13 Becomes A Dad! / What Are Your Views On Retirement Care Homes / Old Peoples Homes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.