Stats: 3,164,115 members, 7,856,457 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

If You Were Me What Would You Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were Me What Would You Do (1122 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

If You Were Me What Would You Do by Lucasmuyiwaa: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
I bought a brand new iPhone 6s Last year and after two months of usage my nagging and Islamist father trickly seized it. It really pained me and I approached him to give me back several times but he insisted he's not giving me simply because I was using it for yahoo purpose and it's also much expensive.
He decided to buy a new phone for me which is Vivo android.
Eversince he bought the new Android phone for me I feel like I'm been downgraded among my peers. I can't bring out my phone in public because all my guys use an iPhone starting from IPhone X.
I believe I'm going to buy a big phone someday but I don't see it coming soon because of my financial status.
So I decided to use a trick on my Dad maybe he's gonna give me my iPhone back.
The trick was that I broke the screen of the android phone and showed him that I needed to repair it with 15 thousand Naira.
I thought he was not going to give me another money order than to give me my iPhone but he actually counted the money for me.
I felt really bad and had to lock up.
So, today nobody was at home and I decided to invade his bedroom trying to find the phone even though I don't go to his bedroom all the time unless he calls me in.
I searched for where his wife kept the key to the entrance of the sitting room leading to his bedroom incase he comes home.
Behold, I found the key and opened the doors and gained entrance to his bedroom and searched all his wardrobes.
I saw nothing and I had to close back the doors and arranged his properties back for him.
When I got back to my apartment, I had to rethink and give another trial and I went back there.
I started searching and searching and finally found the phone in a secretive place wrapped in a clothe.
I was very shocked and I immediately took the phone and rearranged the place to avoid suspicion.
Now I don't know what to do with the phone because very soon he might want to check if it's still intact and if he found out its not there that's another wahala.
Though, I might keep denying I didn't take any phone but he's gonna come to my room and search everywhere. That man is a very lousy and nagging man.
Please I need your advice urgently.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Dituta: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
What did you say you are using the phone for again? Yahoo? God will begin from there to punish you first. Your dad means well for you, that's why even when you intentionally spoilt the phone he bought you, he gave you money to repair it. You are being highly influenced and caged by peer pressure. That's why you can't bring out a phone as wonderful as vivo to the public because your friends use Iphone. Your dad wants to pull you out from these shackles, that's why he's doing all this. Better go and drop that phone and learn to take life easily or you may regret not going through these trainings sometime in your future... Well, you wanted candid advice, right?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by VEXT: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
Alfa son want do yahoo.... oppression go kill you soon...

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
. That man is a very lousy and nagging man.
Please I need your advice urgently.

Does he pay your school fees?

Does he feed you and house you for free?

Does he care for your well being and have good intentions for you?

If YES, then give yourself brain and go back to do the right thing.

Cheers

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by frosy1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Sorry oo... are you sure that you are not a BASTARD?
am just just curious. How can a legitimate son call his father "lousy and nagging".

You are just greedy, selfish and not contented with what you have that's is why you envy your friends who are into scams and frauds.

I won't say much but am sure one day you will become a father.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by ogashman(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
U should arrest ur father with police..

How dare him! Why would he seize the phone u want to use to be scamming people and making their lives miserable?

Pls take some touts and go beat him up and then get ur phone and leave his house.

He should not stop from doing Yahoo.... Nonsense

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by chocboi78(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Sell the phone, use the proceeds to buy USDT
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by DaniDani(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
I refuse to be you. cheesy

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by NoToPile: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
DaniDani:
I refuse to be you. cheesy

'All my mates are using iPhone starting from iPhone X' orishirishi

How old are you and your mates @ OP

Won gba oromo adiye lowo iku o ni won ko je ki oun lo akitan loje.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by MufasaLion: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
You're so determined to become a menace to the society. I look forward to seeing your mugshot after the anti-graft agency might have arrested you.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
MufasaLion:
You're so determined to become a menace to the society. I look forward to seeing your mugshot after the anti-graft agency might have arrested you.

NoToPile:

You guys are not nice o. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by MufasaLion: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Beloved03:

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Acidosis(m): 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ungrateful fraudster.

You should appreciate your father for giving you a Vivo phone in exchange for your outdated iPhone 6.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Mariangeles(f): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
The fact that your father bought you a brand new android, and still gave you money to fix the screen when you intentionally broke it should’ve told you how far your father was willing to go to prevent you from involving yourself in crime (your father, being your father, knows what you can and cannot do).

All that should’ve deterred you and you let things be, but NO! You had to prove your father right.
The fact that you were desperate for it proved that you needed for something more other than showing it off to your friends.

I wouldn’t doubt that he would’ve eventually given you back the iPhone when you would’ve earned his trust.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by elantraceey(f): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
There was a son.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by thanksjosh005: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
elantraceey:
There was a son.
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by thanksjosh005: 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
I wonder what would you do @OP if it were your son? Your own father knew what was best for you. And, seriously, it should be really apparent to you you're coming online to wash your own dirty linen. Coming online to post this, you should have given a second thought because nothing seems right about it. Please, go and make self-amendment.
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by NoToPile: 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Beloved03:

One doesn't need to be nice in this kind of situation.
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Biglittlelois(f): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
NoToPile:

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Biglittlelois(f): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
elantraceey:
There was a son.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Biglittlelois(f): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Funny comments here grin

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Gloriagee(f): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Your lousy father bought a prodigal son like you a phone. All my sympathy goes to the loving father you opened your 419 mouth to call nag. Wish I could sound you through my phone.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Gloriagee(f): 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Same set of people use their mothers for money rituals.
Ndi ewu

frosy1:
am just just curious. How can a legitimate son call his father "lousy and nagging".

You are just greedy, selfish and not contented with what you have that's is why you envy your friends who are into scams and frauds.

Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Lucasmuyiwaa: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
frosy1:

Well I know what I'm talking about. It's really beyond whatever you people can imagine. When I say he's nagging I really mean it. I want you guys to understand me na. Afterall I didn't lie about him.
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Lucasmuyiwaa: 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
Okay guys I appreciate all your advices so far despite all the yabbins too. I what to suggest an idea which I hope it works.
What if I woke up tommorow morning and go talked to him and show him the phone. I know he's gonna be suprised. What do I say to him?
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by frosy1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Well I know what I'm talking about. It's really beyond whatever you people can imagine. When I say he's nagging I really mean it. I want you guys to understand me na. Afterall I didn't lie about him.

OP, well I don't know who you are or how old you are, but I want you to know this, your dad actually loves you. How did I know this, if it was some other parent, they will take away the phone and not get you another one talkless of repairing the one you spoilt.
Don't be carried away by peer pressure
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Sammy101111(m): 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
What you can do now
If you ate in Lagos
Go to ikeja go and buy a clown iphone or buy a dummy iPhone 6 that does not work and replace it
Problem solved
But if your papa seee the iphone from you he will collect it from you again
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Lucasmuyiwaa: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2022
Sammy101111:
What you can do now
If you ate in Lagos
Go to ikeja go and buy a clown iphone or buy a dummy iPhone 6 that does not work and replace it
Problem solved
But if your papa seee the iphone from you he will collect it from you again
Right now I'm not in Lagos.. And to even put back the phone there is wahala now because the whole house are back
Re: If You Were Me What Would You Do by Double0h7(f): 6:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Right now I'm not in Lagos.. And to even put back the phone there is wahala now because the whole house are back

If you bought the phone with your own money and your father took it off you then it's understandable that you felt violated and hurt.

Were you going to do yahoo? Be honest with yourself. The fact that you broke into your father's room and violated his privacy by going through his things shows you lack respect for your father.

You have to be a man and own up for what you did. Tell him you're sorry and just hand the phone back to him. He'll probably punish you so take it like a man and move on from this.

You will be a father one day and then you'll understand his fears and why he nags you. Many men have abandoned their children and those children wish they had a father to nag them...

Don't add more evil to your current drama, don't add lying to your deeds. Be a man and own up and take the consequences, your father will respect you for that instead of you lying and losing all respect. He might even curse you if you carry on with your current behavior.

AC, Freezer,sewing Machine,generator ,oven ETC...Ibadan / . / As A Married Woman, Don't Compromise.