Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. (20383 Views)

My Experience As A Stammerer / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by zakkxx: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bro never Blem God ask him for mercy! U no thank God say u de alive? Your mate are death oo!! U don’t need a girlfriend, so I want to be fornicating abi? God will send an angel for u wen it is time to marry!! Talk to a professional about your condition! God will see u through
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by creepsyme(f): 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
My name is Henry, 27 yrs old. I am new here, it was my younger sister who introduced me to nairaland. She is a member here.

Brilliant and intellectual minds are here so I believe you people can help me with an advice because I am so depressed and I don't know who to talk talk to about my depression.

I'm a stammerer, a chronic and dreadful one at that. I can repeat an initial word like forever before I could complete my statement. It has made me hate my life and existence. I have a very low-self esteem, I can't express myself, I can't even approach a girl not to talk of being a relationship because I'm afraid of being mocked.

I'm a graduate in accounting education from AAU. I have always dreamt of becoming a lecturer/teacher. I'm smart and intelligent, I love to impact knowledge but I can't express myself. It's a big disability for me.

Back then in University, when i went for my teaching practice, the first day I taught in a classroom, I sense an undesirable atmosphere. I knew the students were trying to laugh but they respected their selves. When I got home, I locked myself and I cried.... But life goes on.

I graduated 2017, I went for nysc 2018. Since then my life has no bearing. I have not achieved anything. I feel inadequate despite I read a lot and I'm intelligent. It pains me I can't communicate to impact knowledge without stammering.

My father is making it worse for me, he compare me with other guys, he has never appreciated any thing I've done for him, he talks down on me. He finds fault in anything I do, he talks as if I created myself.

My mom and siblings are the reason why I haven't committed suicide. They encourage me everyday, especially my mom who is sick now.

I prefer to be completely deaf and dumb than for me to talk and not be able to express myself.

God is not perfect. If God was perfect, he would not have created some people with disability or deformity. Some people were born crippled, deaf, blind etc.. And you wanna tell me God is perfect? He's a partial and sentimental God. I try to understand his vision but all I see is damages.

Please I'm so depressed. I need advice.
Can you inbox me.
We need to talk.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by onlysose(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Learn how to code in computers, it is a job that require lots of thinking and execution with little talking . atart with HTML, CSS, then Java and python. We love you bro. And you will make it .

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by winetapper: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
MufasaLion:
Brother, I really don't know what you are going through because I ain't you, but I can only imagine it.

Firstly, you need to work on your self esteem. You gotta work on your confidence. You have to accept your situation and then determine on working on it. Don't be let down by your problem. You are a graduate and I believe you have dreams to actualize, focus more on that. Life is a journey and you gotta prepare for the battles and distractions.

Secondly, you gotta work on your communication skills. Once you could have confidence, you wouldn't be ashamed of yourself no more. There are many materials online that could help you with your communication skills (YouTube inclusive). As regards your father, there are parent(s) like that and you're unfortunate to have one. You really shouldn't worry much. Work on getting your own apartment, it will make you feel more better and happier.

Thirdly, I wouldn't want you to blame any deity for anything. This type of mentality will make you not leave the same spot and it will make you become vulnerable to clerics that would extort and manipulate you.

Lastly, follow my suggestions if you feel they worth it. I wish you well, brother.
i used to be one too. Then i noticed when I sing i don't stammer.

So i note my difficult words. When I am talking, and i get to those difficult words. I'll slow down and sing it.

Until i got used to it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by membranus: 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
Rawtruth1:
You exaggerated your condition as if it's a curse. You even blamed God and your father, etc.

Look, stammering isn't a problem otherwise the greatest man in the Bible apart from Jesus wouldn't have been a stammerer... Moses.

Why didn't God "heal" him if it's a disease as you painted it?

Yet he wrought unprecedented miracles through Moses.

I won't give you my advice until you apologize to God for the rubbish you said in your last paragraphs.

He doesn't need your advice because you are already judging him. Whatever situation you have not gone through personally, you cannot throw blames around on it. He who feels it knows it.

His God understands him and will not judge him. He has directed him here to get better advice than you can ever give him.

He is just bitter now, he will surely restitutes his way with God.

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by TheKingsmann(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
Jennyclay:
First of all. What do you even understand by the word chronic?

The op said and I quote I can repeat an initial word like forever before I could complete my statement. he even said he prefers to be deaf and dumb than talking.

Common sense should have told you he's going through alot with his career? I still stand by my word. Teaching is not is calling. Have any chronic stammerer who is a lecturer taught you before??

The op said he's a graduate in accounting. There are alot of businesses he can learn that would make him a millionaire.

At bolded His not is, learn to differentiate,,,nawa undecided

By my word not by word undecided undecided
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Nzeodogwu(m): 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
Use small ogene dey drink water, e go stop.

HenryIgwe01:
My name is Henry, 27 yrs old. I am new here, it was my younger sister who introduced me to nairaland. She is a member here.

Brilliant and intellectual minds are here so I believe you people can help me with an advice because I am so depressed and I don't know who to talk talk to about my depression.

I'm a stammerer, a chronic and dreadful one at that. I can repeat an initial word like forever before I could complete my statement. It has made me hate my life and existence. I have a very low-self esteem, I can't express myself, I can't even approach a girl not to talk of being a relationship because I'm afraid of being mocked.

I'm a graduate in accounting education from AAU. I have always dreamt of becoming a lecturer/teacher. I'm smart and intelligent, I love to impact knowledge but I can't express myself. It's a big disability for me.

Back then in University, when i went for my teaching practice, the first day I taught in a classroom, I sense an undesirable atmosphere. I knew the students were trying to laugh but they respected their selves. When I got home, I locked myself and I cried.... But life goes on.

I graduated 2017, I went for nysc 2018. Since then my life has no bearing. I have not achieved anything. I feel inadequate despite I read a lot and I'm intelligent. It pains me I can't communicate to impact knowledge without stammering.

My father is making it worse for me, he compare me with other guys, he has never appreciated any thing I've done for him, he talks down on me. He finds fault in anything I do, he talks as if I created myself.

My mom and siblings are the reason why I haven't committed suicide. They encourage me everyday, especially my mom who is sick now.

I prefer to be completely deaf and dumb than for me to talk and not be able to express myself.

God is not perfect. If God was perfect, he would not have created some people with disability or deformity. Some people were born crippled, deaf, blind etc.. And you wanna tell me God is perfect? He's a partial and sentimental God. I try to understand his vision but all I see is damages.

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Jumbojax(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Omo some kind tinz no balance for this life, some people wan talk well, some no wan talk at all, if na me be you I go just turn comedian, I no normally get ego or pride so I go just talk anything make me people bust laugh, dey cash out money and fame grin
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by MRAKBEE(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

My broda, honestly you just made me log into my account after almost three years of being a guest on this forum. You just made me remember alot of things. You are just writing my history.
I was in your shoe for many years. I had rough times and countless wierd experience in the university cos of stammering which led to low self esteem and great fear. However, I came out on top of my class. I was really good.
Im out of that rubbish. God came to my aid. I didn't just sit down n let Him do all the work. I worked very hard to come out of that rubbish. Today, i fear nothing. There's nothing i can't achieve. U need a daily dose of inspiration.
Chat me up.. Let me guide you through it all. Im not a professional oh.so there is no charges.lol.. Just a regular guy.
Email me n i will share my number with you
imakbee@gmail.com
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by fineberry(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Op do not loose hope, you have achieve your hat some people can only dream about, follow some helpful guidelines have read so far, God Never Leave A Work Half Done.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Flame77: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Dear op I was really empathetic towards you until I got to second to the last paragraph where you began to mis-yan and started blaming God for your condition.

In the equation of life God is a constant. So you can't blame Him, He's bigger than you.

Can the motorbike blame its eventor for Not making it have 4 wheels instead of just 2?

By the way, do you know there are people out there who wish they were as intelligent and educated as you and wouldn't mind being stammerers?

Instead of you to FOCUS and leverage on your areas of strength to mitigate your weaknesses, your here indulging yourself in self pity and blaming God.

MKO Abiola of blessed memory was a CHRONIC stammerer yet he was a billionaire and a great man.

Prophet Moses in the bible was a helpless stammerer yet, he was chosen by God to liberate a whole nation from a bondage of 430 years in a foreign land. When Moses complained he was a stammerer, God appointed his Elder brother Aaron to be his spokesman.

My humble self was born a CHRONIC stammerer too (it runs in my father's family). I went through hell while growing up. I used to stamp my right leg on the floor repeatedly before I could speak a word. Time may not allow me go into the kind of sufferings I experienced due to my Condition then.

But today to the glory of God, unless I tell people I stammer they hardly know.

God really helped me through church activities like preaching the word, teaching at the House fellowship and Sunday school.

I'm married to a beauty queen and blessed with 3 beautiful children.

I observed my first child of 4 years has started stammering too but we are giving him all the support and going the extra to protect him from bullies. We know the God that helped me will also help him to outgrow it.

OP please just accept Jesus into your life and he will help you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Donaluta(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Growing up... I was a chronic stammerer .. I had to learn how to talk slowly ... Was also told to take more milk .. bro like this now .. I'm 70% free
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by TheGreyKnight(m): 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
King George of England (father of Elizabeth II) had it worse. He went for therapy, and overcame it. His voice that destroyed all his confidence became a source of strength for a nation during a time of war.
Go for speech therapy, and be patient with yourself, and this won't be a problem of yours in the not too distant future.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Daniel058(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

learn how to trade Forex,it's a Skill that you can be making money from home without going to where you need to communicate with a lot of people .
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by ArkOfWisdom: 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
If you have not experienced some life issues, you may not know how those going thru it feel:
On this issue, I may not know who is worse between you and I, I still remember one out of the several occasions when I was young, I wanted to collect money from my Dad, getting to him, just to get his attention by saying BABA (Father), I could not complete the word let alone expressing my request, because getting BA-BA together was not as you can imagine, sometimes I used to hit my leg on the ground in order to get the words together.
Now, I have overcome that close to 90 percent,
How I did it
1. I know I have the challenge & I don’t allow it bother me because I did not choose it neither was it my fault, sometime when people made jest of me I laughed along with them. Psychologically if things bothers you too much, if you are not careful, you will get into rigid and depression mode, so you need right ATTITUDE.
2. I read and still reading a lot of books across diverse fields to build up my words storage and get wisdom, I used to replace the difficult words with the one I can easily pronounce.
3. I avoided argument at all cost and where people of strong words were discussing I always put it few points and because my words are always relevant and full of wisdom people always listen and encourage me to continue.
4. Always get enough air into your lungs, so, you pause in-between words or sentences to re-fill your lungs, you can use fillers like heeen-huum (Elon Musk uses this a-lot), whenever your lung air is deflated, if you are not careful you may stutter.
5. Also, work on your tone, if you talk with the same tone, you may likely stutter.

Just to stop here, do you know that Elon Musk, Joe Biden few among many that are great today stutter, so, if they have killed themselves they will not be where they are today.
I recommend you to watch and listen to Elon Musk speeches.

You can mail me
arkofwisdom.org@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Belcon(m): 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

please OP.. Take heart and go to God deeply in prayers at odd hour of the day and tell him you are sorry and he should forgive you with the whole of your heart seek him and pray..believe me there is a dead minute miracle to clear all that.God is able ,nothing is difficult for him

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by jaxxy(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

1st to ur last paragraph. God is perfect bt this world/life of sin isn’t perfect. Ok

One thing I know about stammers is they want to talk too quick and say everything at once.

Take ur time and pick ur words slowly then gradually pick up the pace. This is an exercise used it reduce stammering. There cud be others.

Ur mode of thinking isn’t already toxic for Sm1 who should be seeking for help or or solution. Why are u so bitter?

U can’t make progress with that type of mindset. Many people had same difficulties and even worse and found a way/solution out and it wasn’t by nagging all day.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by SKINDOGGY: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
Bro if u want to talk try to be calm ok and don't rush to say things, also be saying things word by word slowly with time it will go away not completely but it will be rare b4 u experience it again, speaking from experience
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Geometrikz(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
Sorry about what you're experiencing Henry, just know that your condition shouldn't define your self worth. Queen Elizabeth's father King George VI was also a chronic stammerer but that didn't stop him from giving one of the most inspiring speeches ever. He underwent speech therapy which was gruelling for him at first but he came through.

With that being said, have you sought for help medically? If you haven't I'll encourage you to try and see a speech and language therapist (SLT), it will help a lot. Whenever you struggle to express yourself just try the alternative ways like writing, you could also try to calm down and talk more slowly without putting yourself under any pressure, or if you could sing good, that'll be awesome.

I know of stammerers who sing beautifully. Just try these things and never get yourself worked up about your speech impediment because it will only lead to more anger and depression.

Finally, God is perfect and he made all of us with a purpose despite the challenges that we all face. He is forever faithful. So you may want to take back those words, and just talk to him about what you're experiencing, because he is a father and a friend.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Jossybj1984(m): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
First and foremost you have to plead for God forgiveness because he created all things beautiful and he is a perfect God.you said you are intelligent,you read alot but you don't understand basic theory of the world we find ourselves neither did you know anything about God who created you and sustain you and your family till this afternoon.is it God will put bokoharam,banditary, ritualist,kidnappers, Ukraine and Russia war this you see physically worst of it is going on in the spirit realms to mar,battered,dehumanize men created in the image and likeness of himself for his glory and praises.

But if you need a solution to this contact me it cost nothing I say nothing and if I dare ask you for anything let God judge me but just to show you the power God. 08065058773
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Benohio(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
Angelawhite:

Damn! I used to be very much like you! I suffered from chronic stammering. I still stammer a bit when I’m excited.

In fact, growing up, I was nicknamed “serious man” because I barely talk or socialize and that was mostly because I stammered and introverted.

How did it stop ? I started working on myself. I realized I stammer mostly when I’m excited or angry.
I also knew there are certain words that trigger the stammering - words that contained certain consonants (frictional sounds).
I also realized I didn’t stammer when I sing or read. From the above, I was able to deduce the following and work on myself:

1. Stammering is a mental issue rather than physical
2. The mental state of your mind contributes to your stammering
3. Instantaneous speech, example during conversation, argument, etc, where you are required to respond without enough time to process the information can also lead to stammering
4. The above could be the reason why most people don’t stammer while reading or singing because it is less mental stress as the information has been preprocessed and arranged sequentially

How I worked on myself

1. I worked on my excitement. Whenever there’s a rush to say something, I take a deep breath.
2. I create a mental image of what I’m going to say and literally read it from the image. It comes with practice grin
3. When I fail to say a word, I take a pause and try to say it again. If there’s a synonym of that word that is easier to say, I switch to it sharply.
4. The key is to speak slower. It buys you time. You give your brain less pressure and more time to articulate your words. It’s a practice, meaning it’s something you have to adopt as a habit.
5. Be free to laugh over your “mistakes”. Normalize it and know you’re not like everyone else. The sooner you normalize it, the easier you’ll make conscious efforts to work on yourself.

6.Be involved in more conversations. During conversations with 2 or more people, I would usually take the back seat. I would usually prefer to ask questions- very short in sentence. The shorter the sentences, the less likely you stammer. I also nod when others are talking. It shows I’m a good listener and will encourage them to listen when I ask questions or say something.

7. Be confident. Build your confidence. Confidence is more about not giving too much damn to what people think about you. Realizing that people will laugh at you but telling yourself that when this people eventually die, the opinion they had about you dies with them grin
Self confidence as opposed to self pity will surely reduce the chances of stammering

8. Read aloud. Practice speaking to an audience when you are alone. You will develop muscle memory for some words you find difficult to say. Gesticulating also helps in speech.

9. Practice speaking with somebody who understands your ordeal. You can call me on a video call if you’d like to have a chat grin. The more you talk, the better muscle memory you develop for certain words.

I’ll add more to this list when I remember

Yup, I stammer too. Sometimes I understand it it sometimes I do. I have the solution but sometimes, I just can't do it when i'm around people but I can't speak almost fluently when i'm alone.

Mine began when I was in jss2 it something. I have got plenty working strategies to counter. Sometimes I speak fluently with others around me, but most times I don't. I have shied away from relationships, competitions, prayer meetings, public meetings, and so on.

I still work on it every day hoping one day it will be better. For me it's a socio-psychological thing. I would also like us to have more talks about and do video call too. In fact, I wish we had a community of such in Nigeria we could come together to heal.

The shit has not been easy.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by TooGod247(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Gud day, pls can u plz chat me up on my face book handle @ Mc TooGod, just send me massage , ( hi ) massage so we can chat , thanks
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Kingjames(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
God is not a God of lies. He knew you before you were formed. Don't ever look down on yourself. I was a chronic stammerer till 1998 after my senior WAEC. I began to question God why i cant express myself orally due to this disability. I prayed and believe God to touch my tongue.

But later in life i realised i was made this way to stop me from saying what will kill me. I would have entered into serious problem through my tongues over the years but this disability prevented it.

He knows why he made you that way. Be happy. serve him in truth and holiness and his purpose for your life shall be established. Look at Moses, Jeremiah
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by givegive: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

Joe Biden is a stammer but he hasn't let it pull him down. MKO Abiola was a stammer. Moses and Peter the Apostle were said to be stammerers. But they didn't let it stop them. Neither should you.

See a short YouTube video about Joe Biden's stammering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvuJ__lgRT8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by TooGod247(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
[quote author=Jennyclay post=110481412]Hmmm... Indeed you are so depressed.

The good news about your post is that... you have just Discovered yourself and I'm so happy for that. Now Listen to me.

While I was growing up, I have always wanted to be a lawyer because "I talk too much" But that wasn't God's plan for me. I discovered my purpose in life when I was in S.S.1 3rd term.

I went to command secondary school ipaja Lagos (boarding house). Your Junior Waec results determines if you belong to science, commercial or art class. When our results came out and the list were shuffled. I saw myself in science class but I purposely went to register myself in art class.

I was bored in my 1st & 2nd term in art class. no calculation courses apart from mathematics. I was tired of reading long notes without practicals or calculations. I wrote a letter to our commandant stating why I wanna go back to Sci class. Then he approved it.

Today I'm a medical laboratory technician in a prestigious hospital here in Lagos. And I also do business.

Now here is my point: YOU want to be a lecturer/teacher but is that God's plan for you?? Now that you have discovered yourself, kill that mentality of becoming a lecturer/teacher. That's not your purpose in life take it OR leave it. Else you will commit suicide and die for nothing.

@27 You're still young. Work on your confidence, Set a goal, ask yourself where do want to be in next 5 years. Think critically and research about businesses to learn and venture into.

ABOVE ALL, PRAY TO GOD FOR GUIDANCE. Ask God for forgiveness for the rubbish you wrote in your last paragraph. [/quote
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by GistFullGround: 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2022

Get DIVINE WATER from WISEMAN DANIEL & drink. It will flush out the spirit that makes you stutter.

BE FREE!
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by petite626: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
I felt this write up to my bone marrow for the first time in a long while on this platform

really wish i could help but please suicide should be the last option

God will see u thru.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Johel(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

Hmmm....too many damages,some Nigerian parents are full of shit!...bro,...relax,take a deep breathe,what's yours won't pass u by ok...keep pushing for greatness...keep the faith,we can't say it's the devil's work...Just believe some bad situations yields great results in the end....Never give up on yourself and your pursuits....cheers man.
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by kuntash: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't be depressed

A stammarer is better than a deaf and dumb ...

There are many deaf and dumb that are enjoying life , not to talk of the blind ..

Take time to visit hospitals to see cases you would thank God for ... Visit Igbobi orthopedic hospital if you are in Lagos ...

You go thank God for life
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by Azii: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
The best way to help with you speech is to calm down while talking. Really slow down, this week help you to reduce you stuttering.

Try and get books on public speaking and read. I had to get those books in my uni days when it was close to seminar and project presentation. They really helped me since 2011 to now.

For you depressed state, its a bad thing. Go online and search for help with depression, you will find many useful tips online.

Am a stammerer myself and I've. battled depression before, so all I typed are what helped me
Re: I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. by KidiBigDeal(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
I am writing this to encourage you my broad. I don’t think you stutter or stammer more than myself in fact if there’s a grade for it I will be at the zenith A++

I feel and understand your pains very well. Trust me when I said so, because I am also a product of it.

You can practice, learn and gradually you will become a master over yourself and speech. Most of the advice up here will be very helpful to you.

I can proudly say today that I don’t stammer any longer or you will hardly notice I was once a chronic stammerer. I deliver speech, seminars and what have you.

But I am still missing something, most times people complain that when I “talk back” at people or person I talk aggressively! I don apologize tire, because i don’t do it deliberately. In the process of talking to people or person it sounds and looks like they offended me or we had quarrel. But in the re sense, when I am talking and I discovered that I want to start stuttering, automatically I will see myself start talking aggressively, at the end of the day, they won’t notice that I was trying to avoid the embarrassment of stuttering, they will only observed that at certain points in my talk, I started speaking aggressively. I still have this problem and I am working on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Common Medical Fallacies / Xiaomi Donates Surgical Masks To Ogun State (photos) / Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.