Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,364 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) (1880 Views)

Man Convicted In Decadeslong Identity Theft That Led To His Victim Being Jailed / Nigerian Man Convicted Of Killing An 18-year-old Boy In London (photo) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by zumbigbo(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Wed 23 Feb 2022 14.24 GMT

A rapist who abducted a young woman and was caught on CCTV carrying her through a deserted Leeds city centre has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 16 years.

Austin Osayande raped his victim in an alleyway and laughed when the attack was over, telling her he was HIV positive.

The crime took place seven years ago and the footage gained widespread coverage. But Osayande was only caught after being linked to it by DNA from a second sexual assault he committed last year while working as a Hermes delivery driver. In court, he said that he was 'abused by his uncle Segun habitually from when he was 9 years old'.

A judge at Leeds crown court on Wednesday gave Osayande, 40, a life sentence, with a minimum term of 16 years, for the rape. He was jailed for 14 years for the second offence, sexual assault by penetration, to run concurrently. He will be allowed to be considered for parole after nine years and six months.

The court heard that the victim had been on a night out with friends and was intoxicated. She was on her way to get a taxi home when Osayande approached her, gathered her up and carried her to a secluded area behind a Sainsbury’s supermarket where he raped her.

The court heard harrowing victim statements from the two women.

The 2015 rape victim, then aged 24, had not been able to work since the attack, she told the court. It drove her to drink, self-harm and a suicide attempt.

She said she had lost her confidence, her ability to trust and would have to live with the memory every day of her life. “You took away my freedom of choice because of your selfish gratification, which has since left me numb, degraded and hurt both mentally and physically,” she said.

“I’ve endured so much pain over the years and will never fully overcome the torture you’ve put me through. No matter how much therapy I’ve had, it will never fully take it away.”

The court heard Osayande delivered parcels to his second victim on a number of occasions. He made a delivery on the day of the attack and said he would come round later for a coffee. She let him in but didn’t have the confidence to ask him to leave when she then realised she did not want him to stay.

She tried to push him away during the assault but Osayange was much bigger and stronger.

She said in a statement read to the court that she now suffered anxiety going out alone. Her daughter picked up on this and was more clingy. She had separated from her long-term partner because she struggled to trust men and had lost friends.

“I just feel like everything is on top of me. And I’m blaming myself. As a result of the attack I’ve pushed everyone away, especially the people close to me.

“I am not sure I will be able to be emotional or physical with anyone ever again, and most of all I hate myself for making a stupid choice.”

The defence barrister Robert Mochrie said his client wanted, through him, to express “his genuine remorse” for the crimes, which Osayande initially denied before changing his pleas to guilty last month.

Jailing Osayande, the recorder of Leeds, Judge Guy Kearl QC, said: “I find you are a sexual predator – you are a danger to women. That danger continued for at least six years – there is no reason to think it will not continue.”

After the hearing Pat Twiggs, temporary assistant chief constable of West Yorkshire police, said: “Osayande is the absolute embodiment of a dangerous sexual predator. The CCTV footage from 2015 shows him prowling the streets in the early hours, hunting for a woman to sexually attack for his own twisted gratification.

“The traumatic impact that his appalling actions have caused to the victims of both these offences [should not be] underestimated.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by triple996(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Na kpurumiri people grin
See his flat head
Who get hammer abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Jeon(f): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
cry

everytime Nigeria angry

why?
disgracing URSELEVES and the nation everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by spinna: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
See eye
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Fashionista01(f): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hurting somebody just to satisfy yourself is really bad. You don't know kind of pain you are making the person to go through both physically and mentally.

You opened that gutter you call mouth to tell your victim that you are HIV positive so that the person will go and commit suicide.

Evil being.

Thank God you have been sentence to life.

Enjoy your new home in the prison quarters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by blacdiamond(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
In another man's land
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by FuckDModz: 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nothing to see here, just Yoruba savages spreading their wickedness globally.

Oduduwa himself was a brutal rapist and a renowned skull miner. It would be stupid to think an average Yoruba man is any better.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by wizonlyson: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
grin
triple996:
Na kpurumiri people grin See his flat head Who get hammer abeg...
grin grin..op..u are not serious..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by donbachi(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Redpiller
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Gift96: 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
I think this case was brought to Nairaland late last year
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by rickpat(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
This judgement is a joke...it should be life imprisonment with anything like 16years minimum or granting parole after 9years...the victim can't even walk.. UNBELIEVABLE...the punishment really mild despite all the evidence to establish rape(penetration) and assault .... SMH
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Thermodynamics(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
triple996:
Na kpurumiri people grin
See his flat head
Who get hammer abeg...
Mumu tribalistic animal, it's possible that he is innocent, white women are notorious for implicating black people.
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by ednut1(m): 10:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Very useless person
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by nedekid: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
triple996:
Na kpurumiri people grin
See his flat head
Who get hammer abeg...
Otondo,
Austin Osayande.
Any name weh no be aboki or Yoruba na igbo?
grin
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Kuruptnigga: 12:11am On Feb 24, 2022
nedekid:

Otondo,
Austin Osayande.
Any name weh no be aboki or Yoruba na igbo?
grin
So una don even use name recognized una selves grin grin nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Eben91: 1:16am On Feb 24, 2022
I don't support life sentence, they should have used electric chair to overboard the bastard

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by 1831o: 4:39am On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
triple996:
Na kpurumiri people grin
See his flat head
Who get hammer abeg...
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by Karlovych: 4:42am On Feb 24, 2022
Why always Afonja?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by drimzsmoke(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2022
After reading this woman's comments,now I understand why Saphiere is the way she is...Somebody did that lady real bad!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by amuwo1980: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Every single one of them have the tendency to rape or for embezzlement and skull mining na them afons
Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Rape In The UK Today. (PIC) by LuQuLuQu(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
triple996:
Na kpurumiri people grin
See his flat head
Who get hammer abeg...

You're high on mpurumiri again undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. / Girlfriends Cut His Boyfriend Manhood After Caught Cheating On Her (pictures) / Shocking Biafran Throwback Photos During The Nigerian Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.