Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work (511 Views)

#1 Forex Expert Advisors – Forex Robots FOR FREE / Ai, Robots And Machines Taking Away So-many Jobs Soon:you Need To Watch This. / Robots And Artificial Intelligence Will Replace Majority Of The Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by edujoy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
I have been trading the forex market for over 16 years and in all my years as a trader I have witnessed several arguments about the effectiveness of forex robots (expert advisors). Many quarters argue that manual trading is the best while the others believe that Expert advisors (robots) don't work.

My first concern as a forex trader was to learn how to trade consistently. I learnt by trying so many things to see the ones that had positive expectancy. It did not help that back in those days there were very few websites to learn from.

Many years passed and I have been able to learn how to make consistent profit. I have also learnt that "the fastest way to success is slowly". This is arguable but history is clear on this. In the future things may change but going by past events, the fastest way to success is slowly.

When I learnt how to trade the forex markets and started becoming consistently profitable, I became very lazy, more so as I was trading on the H4 timeframe. My profit margins were small but very consistent but as a result of boredom I decided to try automated trading.

I am still unable to properly express my trading strategy in codes but I have tried several times.
I have spent thousands of dollars buying several robots (expert advisors) that did not work. I created a particular robot but after testing the EA with the MT4 strategy tester, I did not have the motivation to try it in a live account.

Recently, I stumbled on an argument online. a group of seasoned forex traders with many years experience were debating the reasons why , several forex robots work well while backtesting but flop in real time trading.

Here are some of the points I picked from the discussion:

1. When backtesting, the backtester(MT4) does not consider floating spreads. It is possible to even choose a fixed spread for testing. During overnight swaps, the spreads widen in real time but goes unrecognized in backtesting. This happens during news events too. This makes the real time result very different from the back test result.

2. Asides the MT5 new python features that can enable machine learning (artificial intelligence ) models to be integrated to EA's, the conventional EA's do not adapt to new or changing market conditions. The regular EA's usually focus on technical setups and are helpless during drastic market changes.

3.The bulk of the EA's that do well in backtest but flop in real time are either scalping , martingale or grid based trading strategies. These trading methods are difficult to manage during spikes and when an EA is built based on any of these strategies , it will most likely not do well in real time.

I finally had the courage to test an EA I built but did not bother to test because I was convinced that it would flop. Unsurprisingly, after a few tweaks, the result in real time is interesting. I figured this is because it is not based on any of the dangerous trading strategies that dominate the MT4 forex EA space.

Test this DEMO and let me know what you think: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/77937
Re: Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Consistent trading of FOREX by yourself with the knowledge of Price Action Strategies will make you money. You wouldn't even think of robots at all. If you understood price action trading, you wouldn't be trading in the H4 TF all the time. You'd only analyze on H4 and D1, then enter trades on either H1 or M15.

Also, with the right Price Action knowledge, you could code a bot to sense floating spreads and major movements due to disruptions in the global economy by placing a 'maximum pip loss' limitation on your code. This way your trades can be stopped if market moves against you greatly.
Re: Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by Zidane199(m): 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
So no be say bot no good, na marketing u come do here that's y u rubbish bot.
Re: Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by OzymandiasKing: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Belonging to a community is one of the greatest hack in getting speed in your career and Triangle Academy has one just for you!

Join our growing community of traders. A lot is going on with us and it’s sad that you are not yet involved

Join us..

https://www.triangleacademy.com.ng/landing-page/

Re: Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by dabanta: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDIU8m-Fho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzj3xMMc-w4

If u want to be financially free..there are truly ways online which u can..As for me and my house hold we use A.i (Artificial Intelligence).
The time has come where you need to take advantage of every positive opportunity.This is a life time opportunity..

When I say Artificial intelligence i mean using Robotics to make money from the F X market...Usually in d past der have been BOTs dat have failed,dis one u have never seen such a spectacular roBOT in ur life.I want to introduce you to a Bot u get and install it to any MT4 broker.it works with any broker in this world.

iTRADEUP Global is the company.they have 4 products which wen u aquire,it becomes a life time asset.

1.Beta Bot (BBT):delivers 5-10% monthly(Price is $400)trades all currencies.
2.Alpha Bot (ABT) :delivers 10-20% /M (Price $800)trades all currencies.
3. Super Bot (SBT) delivers 20-35% /M (Price $1500)trades all currencies.
4.Goldmine Bot (GMT)delivers 20-35% /M (Price $1500) trades only XAU/USD and EUR/USD n GBP/USD

Let me explain something..you are not renting Des BOTs,the way you pay IPC and AutoFx investment monthly and u also share profits with other BOT companies...But with any ITRADEUP GLOBAL products u do not share profit with any company and u buy to aquire the BOT..those in Port Harcourt can arrange a meeting with me,to see everything with ur eyes..but I will also send out videos u watch to see evidences .

Artificial intelligence is here to stay..make money smartly ..

To know more join d iTRADEUP Global group

https:///BXFK2x9DZ0bHbD0sQc5JMm

0 9 0 59766077
Re: Forex Robots And Why They Don't Work by Aaapp: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Automating binary options trading

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get The Best Price Of Wines In Ekiti / Buyer Needs Scraps Iron Rods, Vessels, Vehicles And Caterpillars In Large Quanti / 10x Your Profit With These Solana Nfts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.