Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights (24152 Views)

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Struggle As Passengers Fight To Get Into A BRT Bus, At BRT Bus Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by nuesmann(m): 5:11am On Feb 24, 2022
YOU BE OSIWIN
Penguin2:
I beg to defer.

This attitude of having everything cheap in this country is the reason foreign investors are not enthusiastic to invest in so many sectors of the Nigerian economy.

These airline operators said they now buy aviation fuel at N410 per litre then add other charges that they pay at airports yet Nigerians want them to be doing Father Christmas for them.

Must you travel by air?

Look at Power Sector, we are against paying the right bills that will allow investors put the right money into buying and installing equipments and facilities that would have improved our light situation.

Now investors are not willing to borrow money and invest in the power sector because they can’t recoup such money since we insist on underpaying.

Same thing with subsidy.

We don’t want subsidy out even as it is totally unsustainable and highly weighing on the nation’s finances.

Please we need to stop that madness.

If we want quality, we must be ready to pay for it.

I’m sure most of those protesting are those who use 25k to book flight and take pictures to oppress people online to feed their fake live.
Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by Chicky34: 5:14am On Feb 24, 2022
Absolutel nonsense
No correlation at all

Penguin2:
I beg to defer.

This attitude of having everything cheap in this country is the reason foreign investors are not enthusiastic to invest in so many sectors of the Nigerian economy.

These airline operators said they now buy aviation fuel at N410 per litre then add other charges that they pay at airports yet Nigerians want them to be doing Father Christmas for them.

Must you travel by air?

Look at Power Sector, we are against paying the right bills that will allow investors put the right money into buying and installing equipments and facilities that would have improved our light situation.

Now investors are not willing to borrow money and invest in the power sector because they can’t recoup such money since we insist on underpaying.

Same thing with subsidy.

We don’t want subsidy out even as it is totally unsustainable and highly weighing on the nation’s finances.

I’m sure most of those protesting are those who use 25k to book flight and take pictures to oppress people online to feed their fake live.

1 Like

Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by InvertedHammer: 5:36am On Feb 24, 2022
Penguin2:
I beg to defer.

Must you travel by air?

Same thing with subsidy.

/
As you ramble, what are the alternatives?

First thing first, FG must pull away her Fulani killer/kidnap agents from the roads to make it an alternative. Air travel is too expensive. Road travel is too dangerous.
So what's next?

/

1 Like

Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by Estellar: 9:00am On Feb 24, 2022
Penguin2:
I beg to defer.

Must you travel by air?

Same thing with subsidy.

If dumb was a person

3 Likes

Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by DAVE5(m): 9:41am On Feb 24, 2022
yinkus6750:
No money to fly.

No PMS to travel by road

So called train is also expensive.

Guess its time to stop moving around

The train own shocked me, buses from Lagos to Ibadan take maybe 1500 - 2500 (don’t know the exact prices), normally I drive to Ibadan but decided to take the train and experience it myself, cheapest seat is 2500 and I’m wondering why I would take train at 2500 when buses are cheaper

The train still had higher fares if you want to opt for business class (4000) or vip class (6000 or so)
Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by Penguin2: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2022
Estellar:
If dumb was a person

It would be you
Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by Slynation(m): 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
Penguin2:
I beg to defer.

Must you travel by air?

Same thing with subsidy.

This is a pure case of someone thinking via his anus, you want people to stop that madness with paying for quality things in a country were virtually everything has skyrocketed by over 200% with a steady or declining rate of income?? Mister man, you must be high on something before making this dumb post...
Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by Estellar: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Penguin2:

It would be you
You’re already the only dumb one in the room by virtue of you reasoning like an slowpoke that you are. Ozour!
Re: Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights by AlphaTaikun: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update from the Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge Rail - Photos / Uk Visa Bank Statement Wahala! In Need Help / FCTA Arrests 68 Travellers From Kano, Zaria And Edo Hidden In Trucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.