Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) (428 Views)

How '1 Minute With Tina' Began (they Meant It For Evil) / What Man Meant For Evil, God Meant For Good! / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
In 2014, about a year after I joined this Church, there was a schism and many of the members followed the pastor. We went from a 600-strong membership to about 50 (or even less).

Those of us who stayed behind began rebuilding everything again from scratch. It was tough.

New ministers were appointed into the positions of those who left. I was appointed as the Church Secretary as the position was empty.

The entire choir left except for one solitary member. The solitary member became the head of choir and backing singer rolled into one. Later, others joined.

Then we got a new pastor in 2015.

I got on with him from the start and could have some juicy biblical debates with him. Eventually, he told me that I had the gift of teaching and added me to the Bible Teacher’s.

Suddenly, towards the end of 2016, he changed towards me and became hostile.

I asked him countless times if I had done anything to offend him, but he never told me. I still don’t know what I did, almost 5 years later.

I started dreading going to Church. He systematically and slyly took all my tasks away from me and gave them to another. In the end, I had almost nothing to do in the Church office as the Secretary but I was still teaching.

I started praying.

“Lord, if it’s time for me to leave this Church, let him remove me as one of the Bible teacher’s and let it be a silly reason”

6 months later on 1st September 2017, he removed me as one of the teachers. He said it was because I did not attend a church programme in June (3 months prior). I thought no reason could be more sillier than this as I had taught in the Church that June, July and August!!

I left that Church that day.

3 weeks later on 25 September 2017, ‘1 Minute With Tina’ was birthed on Facebook. From there, it went to Instagram, then YouTube, then Twitter, then WhatsApp, then TikTok and now Nairaland.

In all things, I give thanks to God.

At the time, I couldn’t see that God had greater and better plans for me. I actually thought He had abandoned me.

You may be going through some hardship currently. Be rest assured that God has better plans for you so hang on in there.

They meant it for evil but God meant it for good (Genesis 50:20)

ツ CONNECT WITH TINA ツ
Tiktok
Tiktok.com/@1minutewithtina
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBibleWithTina
Twitter:
@1minutewithtina

2 Likes

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by chukwuibuipob: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
cool God is still on the throne.He never get tired/retired..May those who seek after our downfall fall into their own net/pit

As for U PastorMIsBack.may HEAVENLY host continue to protect u/put Ur enemies to shame

Heartfelt congratulations

1 Like

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by chukwuibuipob: 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
cool so shall God elevate you and disgrace/disappoint Ur Hanan.

You'll Shine
Your joy shall not be once
You"ll eat the fat of the earth and remain FAT
Nobody in Ur household will suffer

1 Like

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
cool God is still on the throne.He never get tired/retired..May those who seek after our downfall fall into their own net/pit

As for U PastorMIsBack.may HEAVENLY host continue to protect u/put Ur enemies to shame

Heartfelt congratulations

Amen and thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
cool so shall God elevate you and disgrace/disappoint Ur Hanan.

You'll Shine
Your joy shall not be once
You"ll eat the fat of the earth and remain FAT
Nobody in Ur household will suffer

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by STARKENNETH(m): 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
STARKENNETH:
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS,YOU WILL FOREVER PROSPER,REALLY MOTIVATING MA

Thank you. Everything happens for a reason.
I was even begging the man. Thank God he didn't listen grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by FANTASER: 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
In 2014, about a year after I joined this Church, there was a schism and many of the members followed the pastor. We went from a 600-strong membership to about 50 (or even less).

Those of us who stayed behind began rebuilding everything again from scratch. It was tough.

New ministers were appointed into the positions of those who left. I was appointed as the Church Secretary as the position was empty.

The entire choir left except for one solitary member. The solitary member became the head of choir and backing singer rolled into one. Later, others joined.

I got on with him from the start and could have some juicy biblical debates with him. Eventually, he told me that I had the gift of teaching and added me to the Bible Teacher’s.

I asked him countless times if I had done anything to offend him, but he never told me. I still don’t know what I did, almost 5 years later.

I started dreading going to Church. He systematically and slyly took all my tasks away from me and gave them to another. In the end, I had almost nothing to do in the Church office as the Secretary but I was still teaching.

I started praying.

“Lord, if it’s time for me to leave this Church, let him remove me as one of the Bible teacher’s and let it be a silly reason”

6 months later on 1st September 2017, he removed me as one of the teachers. He said it was because I did not attend a church programme in June (3 months prior). I thought no reason could be more sillier than this as I had taught in the Church that June, July and August!!

3 weeks later on 25 September 2017, ‘1 Minute With Tina’ was birthed on Facebook. From there, it went to Instagram, then YouTube, then Twitter, then WhatsApp, then TikTok and now Nairaland.

At the time, I couldn’t see that God had greater and better plans for me. I actually thought He had abandoned me.

You may be going through some hardship currently. Be rest assured that God has better plans for you so hang on in there.

ツ CONNECT WITH TINA ツ
Tiktok
YouTube:
Twitter:
@1minutewithtina

God is really wonderful,that was a close call grin God bless you for this exquisite advice,wish you long life and prosperity smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
FANTASER:

God is really wonderful,that was a close call grin God bless you for this exquisite advice,wish you long life and prosperity smiley

Amen

2 Likes

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Orente21(f): 5:25am On Feb 26, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I started praying.

ツ CONNECT WITH TINA ツ
Tiktok
YouTube:
Twitter:
@1minutewithtin
There is always a reason for everything. Lets thank God in all situations. Now u can see dt u r happier.

1 Like

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2022
Orente21:
There is always a reason for everything. Lets thank God in all situations. Now u can see dt u r happier.

Absolutely. All glory to God.
Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Tekahashi: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2022
You removal was a blessing in disguise,I believe God has wonderful plans and surprises in store for you

2 Likes

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2022
Tekahashi:
You removal we was a blessing in disguise,I believe God has wonderful plans and surprises in store for you

I agree though I couldn't see it at the time. It was afterwards that I said, "Ah Ha!" grin

1 Like

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 06, 2022
It's Not Over Until It's Over!!

4 Likes

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by NaijaCuzin: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2022
Happy Sunday ma

1 Like

Re: They Meant It For Evil, But God Meant It For Good (an Encouraging Story) by isaiah4life(m): 9:00am On Mar 06, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Without JESUS, All Go To Hell / Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor’s Wife Absent From Church Service (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.