Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. (48468 Views)

Mary Yetunde Aina Wins World Boxing Foundation (WBF) Title Belt / Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British / Muhammad Ali Banned By World Boxing Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by tamzi: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
Takeproft:
Does he have adequate military training to make an impact against the Russians? These people should settle this fighting as they will not come out of it the same. Russia and the West are the culprits here. Russia is the scapegoat but the West that played the behind the scene politics have suddenly become saints.

You don't need an adequate military training to aim a gun/RPG at your enemy and press the trigger, they're all brave men who will fight to defend their land , they're not alone, our prayers are with them Ukraine will never fall she has come to stay!.
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by tamzi: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Advision:

Bro leadership is key.

If the Ukrainian leadership had fled when the battle started, the resistance will have collapsed.

I totally agree with you, it all begins and ends with a good leader which unfortunately we don't have.
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by ajl: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
Which Nigerian will do such? To leave all their comfortable lives behind to defend their country. I know 99.9% of Nigerians will not because there is really nothing to defend. And I can't blame you. I wouldn't either. I will never defend a land of injustice and pure corruption.
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by ajl: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
tamzi:

I totally agree with you, it all begins and ends with a good leader which unfortunately we don't have.

Problem is that if they present a good leader with good character to Nigerians, they will prefer the evil ones and act as if the good ones doesn't exist.
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by babajero(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
Rayd502:
They should be careful,wouldn't want to lose them in the frontlines.Their willingness to defend their country shows the highest level of patriotism.
At least now you know what it means to be patriotic, not all this thieves you people call Patriots because of chicken change, especially the self acclaimed barbecue seller.
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
tamzi:

You don't need an adequate military training to aim a gun/RPG at your enemy and press the trigger, they're all brave men who will fight to defend their land , they're not alone, our prayers are with them Ukraine will never fall she has come to stay!.
you don't need an adequate military training to point a gun or RPG is the most dumb thing I've heard this year. And nobody is praying to Ukraine to fall. I don't give a Bleep about the politicians. But the fact that the civilians suffer most bothers everybody
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by wolexter(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
This is the true definition of patriotism. Pray we don't lose these hugely successful heavyweight boxing former champions , hall of famers and Ph.D holders to Putin's war.
Pray we don't mane
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by MrOwonikoko: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
Rayd502:
They should be careful,wouldn't want to lose them in the frontlines.Their willingness to defend their country shows the highest level of patriotism.

My dear, Ukraine is worth dieing for and not Nigeria smiley
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by virginboy1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
Advision:

The conflict ia revealing as to why europe is more developed than most continents - patriotism.

Inspite of possible death and the overwhelming odds, see the leaders sit with their people even when the battle is right in their city and they will be primary targets of their enemies.

The ukrainian president himself has no miltary background and is a fairly wealthy. Yet he and his ministers are staying put risking their lives to ensure the country does not fall against an overwhelming odd.

In Afghanistan, the president was one one of the first person to book a private jet out of the country inspite of having a numerically superior and better funded army once taliban approached the capital.

In Nigeria, our president wont dare use the roads if the weather isnt clear for using flight and you expect the army to be willing to show bravery when the leader shows cowardice?

Leaders make a people!!
Words of Wisdom
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by judedwriter(m): 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
Mumusaphire:
See how rich people are ready to die for their country.

Hmmm....
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by Aaay: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
Popo245:

...not everyone are cowards....God and country brothers...
I dont see this guy facing Russian soldiers Bro, its just show off....
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by Uchedizzy(f): 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
Defend your country
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by davidque: 12:24am On Feb 27, 2022
I was having flashes of images of our pot bellied ministers and governors who would have reached their mansions in the UK if this kind of war were to happen in their domain
Re: Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. by showafrica(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2022
Litmus:

You could draw on the history of Biafra war to better inform your belief here. In real terms ,my great grand father was arguably the wealthiest man in Nigeria. He owned vast lands in the east where he did his business. His children (one of them my grand father) were educated in America and UK. They married, had children born abroad, with all that this meant in terms of citizenship and opportunity to flee abroad. They all lived in Nigeria during the Biafra war, could leave Nigeria at any point but they never ran away, although Ojukwu did - in the end.

We lost everything: wealth and many lives. My grate grandfather and his children, including my grand father, were not the only wealthy people that did not run but stayed in Waring Nigeria until the bitter end, many others did. Many of them politicians, lawyers,doctors, all very brave people that did extraordinary things to help those less able..

Thats to tell you what a nation should be. Biafrans know very well that Biafra is there only country. Nigeria is just a political party. Take your share and run or wait for your turn. Some few people are benefiting anyday the benefits stops, they will want to have a country of there own they can die for. For now, nobody is ready to die for Nigeria even the army. Just that they need the pay, without pay you won't see any thing called army in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Nlend Sacked For Testing HIV Positive In Egypt (Photos) / Adrian McCallum 'Lionheart' Dies Hours After Tweeting About Death (See Tweet) / Luxurious Lifestyle Of Andre Ayew, Ghanaian Blackstar Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.