Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

#simplysussy# Your Storyteller. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #simplysussy# Your Storyteller. (342 Views)

The Land Of The Seers(full Story) Chapter 1 By Simplysussy / Writer/storyteller Class / Meet An Amazing Storyteller : Nnedi Okorafor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#simplysussy# Your Storyteller. by Simplysussy(f): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nonso and Rachael had been in relationship for three years and they loved each other so dearly. The third year, Nonso and Rachael decided to get married.
Rachael was a well trained beautiful and hard-working lady.
Both of them decided to meet with Nonso's Mother (Nonso's father died when he was ten years old)hoping that after that, they would go to Rachael's parents.
When they got there, The mother welcomed them with joy. She asked if she wanted anything, but she said she was okay, still Nonso's Mother gave her chilled water to drink.
Few minutes later, Nonso introduced her fiancee properly to her Mother.
Her Mother asked with a smile what she does and few other things and she told her, then she asked the state she was from, hoping an Igbo tribe and she answered "Osun state ma" with a beautiful smile.
"Oh so you are Yoruba" Nonso's mother said
"Yes ma" she replied.
"What's your Yoruba name? Nonso's mother inquired
"Wonuola ma" She replied
"Which means that....(Nonso didn't finish before His Mother interrupted)
"I did not ask for the meaning" Her mother said with a frown
Nonso looked surprised at his Mother's reaction, he wanted to ask his mother what was wrong but she eye him telling him to keep quiet. Then she said
"Look here young lady, I know both of you are in love but I don't want you to see him as a wicked man that's why I want to tell you this. Listen to me now, this is for your own good. You can't marry my son! because I can't allow him marry from another tribe. I pray you meet another man who will do more than what my son can do for you."
Nonso angrily stood up in anger and told his mum that he would not agree to what she said.
Rachael was completely speechless.
"This is who I want to get married to and there's nothing that would change that" He angrily said.

"Nonso! you dare talk back at me? If I'm truly your mother, do exactly as I have said, because I already told you, if you had listened it wouldn't have resulted to this" Nonso's mother Yelled
"I didn't take it serious, I was young when you told me and I never for once counted it as something so special, though I have not had a relationship outside my tribe before, hers is the first but does it really matter...you have been disturbing me to bring a wife home and now this is what I get?" He said with a frown.

"it does matter...and don't even think you can go behind and do something funny...you won't want to dare me" She said with a frown

Rachael said, with tears rolling down her cheeks "I'm pregnant ma"

immediately there was a sudden silence.
After few seconds Nonso's mother asked
"Nonso! This isn't true... is it?
"I'm going to be a father soon" He said
Nonso's mother bulged her eyes with her mouth wide open.
She stood up from their presence and walked gently to her room.

#What should they do?
#Does tribe really matter in marriage?
©Simplysussy, 2022.
#simplysussy da storyteller#
Re: #simplysussy# Your Storyteller. by oloyedprince1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
Your name seems like simplepussy when I saw it…
Re: #simplysussy# Your Storyteller. by Simplysussy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hey guys, check out my new story titled THE LAND OF THE SEERS(it's a full story).
You can check my profile; Simplysussy.
Thank you.
Re: #simplysussy# Your Storyteller. by Simplysussy(f): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Check my new post
The land of the seers....(full story)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Business Content Developer / Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology / How To Read Books Online Or Download For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.