Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. (514 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 1:22am On Mar 02, 2022
THIS IS AN ACADEMIC FORUM,
For winning students and those who intend to and are prepared to win.
To capitalize their limited time and energy accurately, to achieve the best result out of the smart effortwink.
Your question and contributions are all welcome.
***I hope the moderators don't delete this thread like every other useful thread they've deleted ealier on Nairaland.
What is the value of nairaland if we aren't making any naira from it?.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 2:08am On Mar 02, 2022
I can't believe i am saying this but when i wanted to sit for [JAMB] examination i was literaly anxieous.
why was i scared because this was no odinary exams we do in sesinor secondary schools(SSS1-SSS3) even if you pass or fail you would get promoted.
JAMB is a diverent case scenario you have no control over the system because it is computer based in addition to that various respective universcities give their standard cut-off marks. Previously so many many students have have been on the trend with failure in {JAMB} the previous years.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2022
So if you haven't realise that success is a do or die affair then you my dear have a long way cuming.
Because i've been there and am back, and for sure i came out with success. I want to try share the steps i took and scored 254 in JAMB.
I want to try and give back the same values and that Mr.Tolu of Student Emmbassy once gave to me. Within my limited time capacity.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2022
I will be taking lesson on ART related subjects, because thats my field of study. someone who knows science subjects can make contribution to the lessons.
i am putting my hands out to make a little difference in my own way for our 9ja.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2022
Okay lets assume the background is a white board i will be using blue marker to write lesson, & green marker for ideas red marker for questions and these standard should be adheared by all till futher notice thanks for your cooperation smiley, make i go #piss.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2022
Day01

LESSON1:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE
ENGLISH GRAMMER
WHY IS GRAMMER IMPORTANT

Now imagine if there was no language in the world, if there was no means of comunication.
We will find that it will be pretty difficult to communicate without letters, signs, symbols and numbers to people around us.
Language has been and still is a constant presence around us, language is how we communicate to others.
What is English grammer? It is the manner and arrangement of a language framework.
The "rules" of the language which helpr us decide the category we put words in and which form of a word to use. English exist for the sake of communication accross cultural lines.
This grammer rules are simply tools that speaker of a language can use.
When the have adapt how to use the language, you will be able to craft your message to communicate exactly what you want to pass accross.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
INTRODUCTION TO NOUN

For learners of the English language a noun can simply be refered to as a name, of not of an action not of a quality not of an origin but of person, place, conceapt and things.
it is the subject or object of a verb(an action)in a setence.
Examples:
*Person, Things, Place, Concept{President Puttin,Tankers,Ukraine,
Power.}
CATEGORIES OF A NOUN[

Nouns are categorised into:
A.Common nouns,
B.Proper nouns,
C.Concrete nouns,
D.Abstract nouns,
E.Countable nouns,
F.Uncountable nouns and G.Compound nouns.
TheCommonNouns: are general names, we have examples of common nouns: Human, Funiture, Plants and Animals.
The Proper Nouns: are specific names, we have examples of proper nouns: John, Snake, Tables and Tomatoes.
The Concrete Nouns: are names of things we can see touch and feel examples of concrete nouns: BigBoobsembarassed, A*s wink, orgasim shocked.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
The Abstract Noun: are nouns that can not be percieved using one of the the five senses(tasting, touching, smelling , sight and hearing.)they are ideas,, immaterial qualities rather than a concrete object e.g truth, danger, happiness.
Example:
We can't imagine the courage i took to write this.

Courage is an abstract because it can not be seen, smlet touched or heard from. It is purely inmaterial quality.

The Countable Nouns: are nouns that are countable as the name implies they are material items that can be percieved by our five senses.
Example:
Money, girlfriends, and godfathers. etc
TheUncountableNouns:
are nouns that have have mass and literaly can not be counted.
Examples Water, rice, love, sand, care etc
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
INTORDUCTION TO REGULAR AND IRREGULAR PLURAL NOUNS

A plural noun: is a noun which tell us that there is more than one of that noun(While singular noun indicates there is just one of the noun).
However, in English language there are regular and irregular nouns.
Regular plurals follow the rules. But irregular plurals are not regular and don't follow a "standard" rule.
WHAT THEN ARE REGULAR PLURAL NOUNS: Okay, without further hesitation i will go straight to the definition of the term.
They are nouns which use setup patterns to siginfy there is more than one of a thing.
In order for you to state a plural noun, suffix are added to the "end" of the "main word".
Most popular regular plural nouns takes s or es to the end of a singular word.
Examples:
Bat > Bats,
Cat > Cats,
Box > Boxes.
It's that simple a regular noun can be made plural by adding the -s or -es to the end of the main word.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
Examples:
My neighbour' s goats have all been stolen.
We eat ripe mangoes everyday.
Goats is plural because we added -s to the singular form and main word ("Goat".),
Mangoes is plural because -es is added to the singular form, Mango(The Main Word)
It would have been that simple for us to write if all the nouns followed thiis simple rules. But no some nouns are so sturborn(different) like the irregular nouns.
WHAT ARE IRREGULAR NOUNS:

An irregular is a noun which becomes plural in a different way, without adding es or s at the end of the main word.

#PLEASE_NOTE: The relationship/similarity between irregular and regular nouns is that both the latter and former are used to show that a noun is plural.

Even though they have opposite/dissimilar ends they are used for same purpose.

1 Like

Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
How do we use irregular nouns.
Irregular nouns are not so hard after all we make use of irregular nouns everyday without even knowing.
Examples are:
1. Leaf > leaves
2. Man > Men
3. Datum > Data
4. Remedy > Remedies etc
Did you notice the different types of pluralisation in the above example?!. Take note that Irregular plural nouns have different types of pluralisation. In order for you to write irregular plural noun, you need to practise and memorise for you to remember which noun belongs to which type of pluralisation.

List of most irregular plural nouns:

1. WORDS THAT DON'T-CHANGE:
Some irregular nouns do not change.
Their singular and plural forms are exactly the same. They are mostly name of animals.
Example:
Sheep
Deer
Moose

2. CHANGE IN MIDDLF WORDS SINGUIAR(_oo, _an), TO PLURAL(+ee, +en).:
In English only the middle vowels of some nouns are changed, to get its plural form.
a simple example is
Man > Men,
< TYPING >
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Astromath(m): 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Introduction to Pronoun.

Pronoun is a word or group of special standard substitute words, you use in place of nouns.
The substitute pronouns are universal in English language.

The pronoun are short and easy to remember, from 1 to 6 letter words or thereabout.

The pronoun can also becomes the subject and object of a statement[i, he, she, we, you, they, are subjects while him, her, us, them and it are the object pronouns.].
Article do not come before a pronoun.
Eg:
The soidier killed the terrorist./*right*/

The He killed the terrorist.
Or
Na him kill the terrorist. /*wrong*/

That is to say in English language nouns have phrase but there cannot be a pronoun phrase.

Do you Get me?.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
Types Of Pronouns:

Possesive-Pronouns:

Hers, Ours, Theirs, His,
Mine(e.g:That company is theirs. The blue jean is hers. Note that they do not take an apostrophe before or after s.)

Reflexive-Pronouns:

Himself, Herself, Itself, Yourself, Myself and Ourselves.(Note these are known by self or selves and there is no such thing as ourself.)

Relative-Pronouns:

Whose. Who, Which and That.

Personal-Pronouns:

He, I, Me, They, You, She, Her, We, It, Us, Them.
etc.

HOW TO USE PRONOUNS:

Pronouns can be used in three main catergories, what i call the pincode: Person, Numbers and Case.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
Person:
This refers to who/whom the writer addresses in the text.
There are three personr in English.

1.The Firrt-Person: is the speaker or writer himrff or herself. The writer is been personal(i, we etc)

2. The Second-Person:
is the person who ir being directly addressed, the writer is addreqing you the reader (you).

3. The Third-Person:
he, him, she, her, it, they them.
Re: Student_Embassy_JAMB_Forum_For_Every_Nigerian_Student. by Dreg05: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Number:
As we learnt earlier in nouns that there are two numbers, which are singular and plural.

singular:
words refer to only one thing.

plural:
words refer to more than of a thing.

(1) (Reply)

Study Permit / Thread closed. / You Used To Draw Before, Why Did You Stop, Get Yourself Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.