Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,236 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

"We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" (275 Views)

Paul Pogba: 'I Hired A Marabout To Be Protected Against Injury, Not For Mbappe' / 'Cannot Tell Me This Isn't A Fix!': Man Utd Fans Fume At Champions League Draw / Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by plethora007: 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Leonardo is one of the people who is most in the media at PSG. This Thursday, an interview the sporting director gave to 'L'Equipe' came to light and he made some interesting comments.

"It's a question of sentiment. French players, when they start, have the aim of playing abroad. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the players who won the World Cup in 1998 were playing abroad. When France won it again in 2018, Kylian was the only one in the XI to be playing in Ligue 1. Pogba and Griezmann have never played in Ligue 1. Zidane's career was mainly abroad rather than in France. But, at that moment, there wasn't a club of a size of PSG. We aren't a selling club. Now, I think Kylian is thinking things well. The feeling we had in the stadium on Saturday was magnificent. Something is being created, not only for him. I'm not trying to sound cheesy, but other clubs don't have ultras like that. It could be a big problem," he comented.

However, he said that the offer of 50 million euros a year plus a 100 million transfer bonus has never existed: "This isn't true. No concrete offer has been made. There's an important element: I think the last thing we will put in this contract will be money. We want to give Mbappe the best conditions so that he becomes the best possible player.

"Mbappe at the centre of the project? It's a sentiment, as a result of an accumulation of small things. It depends on us to understand him and know what he needs in each moment. When you join a team with maybe the best player in history (Messi), Neymar and him, you can say: who is the first, second, etcetera? But there's a harmony, a respect btween them and that also is constructed," he continued.

Then, he had to reply to the question which is more important, whether to renew Mbappe or knock Real Madrid out of the Champions League. It's difficult to think about just one thing. When we see where we are, you can't forget where we've come from. You have to remember that we've just been through a difficult pandemic. Afterwards, not sleeping at night is normal for me. When that stops happening, it will be finished because it's a job which involves enthusiasm. That's my motivation," he answered.

Lastly, he wanted to add that he does not think money is the main thing and that there is still a chance of renewing Mbappe: "There are chances, but I can't say it. While he has not been sold, we're going to try everything. It's not to do with that. Kylian is so valuable that I think he's relaxed about that. It's secondary. I think that money isn't an issue."

Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by adefitim(m): 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
FTC
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by kunlesehan(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Come to Chelsea young chap, it's more honourable.
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by paulolee(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
moni isnt d issue here...kid is bored in Paris n needs a new environment..
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by paulolee(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
kunlesehan:
Come to Chelsea young chap, it's more honourable.
as honourable for d likes of werna n lukaku currently abi? e no go even try dt kain mistake wey fit end e career
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by kunlesehan(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Then trophies will continue to elude him especially champions league

paulolee:

as honourable for d likes of werna n lukaku currently abi? e no go even try dt kain mistake wey fit end e career
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by paulolee(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
kunlesehan:
Then trophies will continue to elude him especially champions league

lolz...see this joker....he is going to Madrid dt is rebuilding n they are the most winners of the UCL.
Chelsea with just 2 dey talk wen men dey talk...If he needs domestic cups, he would stay in PSG or instead move to city..
his Madrid move is based on winning the UCL n the ballon d or..
an average season in madrid, winning the league n Scoring goals to be the top scorer in europe would gv him d ballon d or than winning UCL in Chelsea..
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by kunlesehan(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Time will tell and we'll find out who the real joker is. No need for insults young man, time will tell.

paulolee:

lolz...see this joker....he is going to Madrid dt is rebuilding n they are the most winners of the UCL.
Chelsea with just 2 dey talk wen men dey talk...If he needs domestic cups, he would stay in PSG or instead move to city..
his Madrid move is based on winning the UCL n the ballon d or..
an average season in madrid, winning the league n Scoring goals to be the top scorer in europe would gv him d ballon d or than winning UCL in Chelsea..
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
paulolee:
moni isnt d issue here...kid is bored in Paris n needs a new environment..

exactly...and he needs it to fully grow into the superstar he is about to become!
Re: "We're Going To Try Everything For Mbappe; Money Isn't An Issue" by paulolee(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
kunlesehan:
Time will tell and we'll find out who the real joker is. No need for insults young man, time will tell.

insult as how? calling u a joker is not insult, na jus banter n am sorry if u see it as an insult..
av a nice day mate

(1) (Reply)

Honourable Frank Ilaboya Sworn In As Director Of Sports Edo State / Complete Breakdown Of Super Eagles Squad Vs Ghana / Arsenal And Ghanaian Midfielder, Thomas Partey Converts To Islam(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.