Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,725 members, 7,837,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

My Toyota Camry 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry 07 (1029 Views)

Clean Toyota Camry 07 / Why Is There So Many Camry (07-09) Muscle For Sale / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry 07 by princedave881: 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please I need help..I just bought a Toyota Camry 2007 and after the servicing I try to drive it home but if I put the car on drive the car won't move but after sometime it will move but then it will stop but if I put it on reverse it goes perfectly fine. Please what is the cause
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by melviniyke2002(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
princedave881:
Please I need help..I just bought a Toyota Camry 2007 and after the servicing I try to drive it home but if I put the car on drive the car won't move but after sometime it will move but then it will stop but if I put it on reverse it goes perfectly fine. Please what is the cause
naija used or toks....what n what did u do during servicing.....was d car ok during test drive bf u made payment.....

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by jgbemson1: 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please scan the gear first

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Grupo(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
princedave881:

Nawa. This is such a sad experience for a car you just bought.

Didn't you test drive the car before buying?

When you said, "after servicing," hope you didn't go and tamper with the transmission oil? It's likely your mechanic used the non recommended oil for the servicing. But even that wouldn't cause instant damage.

Chai. Take heart. Because it seems that transmission is already gone. And the replacement is expensive.

Buying a naija used car is such a huge gamble.

Now, when you fix the transmission, you should always check the engine oil. That 2007 to 2009 camry is notorious for oil burn. So you don't knock your engine sooner than later.

Happened to my friend, bought tokunbo 2009 camry. Didn't know it burns oil. Engine knocked in less than four months.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Dozieson(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
Grupo:

When you said, "after servicing," hope you didn't go and tamper with the transmission oil? It's likely your mechanic used the non recommended oil for the servicing. But even that wouldn't cause instant damage.

Chai. Take heart. Because it seems that transmission is already gone. And the replacement is expensive.

Now, when you fix the transmission, you should always check the engine oil. That 2007 to 2009 camry is notorious for oil burn. So you don't knock your engine sooner than later.

Happened to my friend, bought tokunbo 2009 camry. Didn't know it burns oil. Engine knocked in less than four months.

The Camry 2007-2009 is troublesome. The engine oil burn and 13pin gear box issue
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Grupo(m): 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dozieson:

The Camry 2007-2009 is troublesome. The engine oil burn and 13pin gear box issue

Yes. I tell people to avoid the car.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by princedave881: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2022
Yeah the car was ok..but my mechanic went to use oando oil instead of the normal Toyota ATF then the problem started..now the mechanic working on it says the 13pin is very sensitive that if I want he can convert it to 10pin for me ...now I want to know if it is advisable
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by aieromon(m): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2022
princedave881:
Yeah the car was ok..but my mechanic went to use oando oil instead of the normal Toyota ATF then the problem started..now the mechanic working on it says the 13pin is very sensitive that if I want he can convert it to 10pin for me ...now I want to know if it is advisable

Mechanic is evil.....drain and replace with Toyota ATF WS asap.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by jowa16: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2022
@princedave881, check the oil guage and it normal,you need to look for a gear master to repair for you
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Dozieson(m): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2022
princedave881:

Don't o. This is very painful shit. The gear alone is almost 350k. Drain the oil and replace with Toyota WS. Those mechanic are demons

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by diportivo: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
princedave881:

if 2 different mecho for ur side no get sense,e be like you go need change location o bros

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Cokahot: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
3 things. Either your gear lever don break,bad top cylinder leaking vacuum air or leaking gear oil.
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Cokahot: 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
Bro oando dextron 2 grey container wey be red oil with toyota type iv na same tin. No let that one bug u. Toyota just package dia own for container,e suppose be 8k,but trust naija retailers dem go add dia problem to the product price. Change your mechanic,he no sabi work.toyota with lexus can take any form of abuse.so far e dey drive,gear dey select,engine no burn oil. Bro drive am like that
Re: My Toyota Camry 07 by Cokahot: 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2022
Bro if u wan buy naija used car,shey the owner go allow u test drive am for 5 days,abi una be padi. I rem my 1st car, a golf 4,oh boy,after 3 weeks ,gear begin gimme wohala, fibre burn,gear pump give way,from there alternator after some months a/c. E no hard me after 2mobths sold at a loss. Na becos owoe no dey na him make me buy naija used. But my last car,i listed and showed things I changed and replaced, the buyer no waste more than 5days before he buy am. U cannot quickly detect fault be it tokunbo or baija used,esp if you dey ply bad roads daily. Na SUV WIN AM BRO
Grupo:

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Scale Of Preference In Car Maintenance / How To Avoid Tima Riv In Port-harcourt / Must Read : How Nigerian Filling Stations Cheat Customers .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.