Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics (577 Views)

My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / Learning Microsoft Excel And Mathematics With Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Ephemeralbeing: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hello guys.
How are you doing today?

I’ve thought about learning a highly demand skill for myself as a graduate.

A few suggestions were made but among all, I did find interest in web development.

I’ve actually started with HTML and CSS and I really would love to go beyond FRONT END web development to FULL STACK.

But I’m scared I won’t thrive being an art student who studied Performing arts in the university.

Please will my poor knowledge and zero to none ability in maths hinder me from becoming a very good FULL STACK web developer?

I really will appreciate honest responses

Also if you’re totally not a science student but you’re into web development, can you share how you’ve been striving without mathematical knowledge?

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by February30(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
Web Development needs mathematics. but just basic mathematics.

when I say basic, I mean addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, greater than, less than, round up, measurements in metres and centimeters.

what is needed is your skill to manipulate computer programs or code to achieve a desired result.

3 Likes

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by LikeAking: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
Op stop thinking like a Nigerian.

Life is all about efforts. Put enough efforts into programming you will learn it, same applies to math.

Programming is actually an art, I stand to be corrected.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by stanliwise(m): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ephemeralbeing:
Hello guys.
How are you doing today?

I’ve thought about learning a highly demand skill for myself as a graduate.

A few suggestions were made but among all, I did find interest in web development.

I’ve actually started with HTML and CSS and I really would love to go beyond FRONT END web development to FULL STACK.

But I’m scared I won’t thrive being an art student who studied Performing arts in the university.

Please will my poor knowledge and zero to none ability in maths hinder me from becoming a very good FULL STACK web developer?

I really will appreciate honest responses

Also if you’re totally not a science student but you’re into web development, can you share how you’ve been striving without mathematical knowledge?
Web development is also an art just like it is technology. You don’t need to do the maths if you don’t want to. In simple words only people who take on part like data science and write algorithms really do need the maths.
So on the part of tech you need to know how to think logically.

That aside, you can always learn math along side web development, the maths are rudimentary maths and nothing so special. The main thing you need to succeed is true passion, curiosity, proper research and information
Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by airsaylongcome: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Performing arts is highly welcome in the industry. Product management would be a good area to explore for you. Kudos on your self-discipline to study the basics. Says a lot of your CAN DO spirit. If you are up for it, you can remain on the Dev track. Otherwise, design would be a good alternative. Keep pushing. Keep learning. Sky's the limit

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Altairx440: 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
LikeAking:

Programming is a mixture of both, the creativity of art and the logic of maths, though maths and logic are way more important than art.

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Altairx440: 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
You simply cannot be a good developer without maths, however you can still learn the necessary maths along way.

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by February30(m): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2022
LikeAking:
Op stop thinking like a Nigerian.

Life is all about efforts. Put enough efforts into programming you will learn it, same applies to math.

Good luck.

Programming is an Art
Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Ephemeralbeing: 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
February30:

Programming is an Art
thank you

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Ephemeralbeing: 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
February30:
Web Development needs mathematics. but just basic mathematics.

when I say basic, I mean addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, greater than, less than, round up, measurements in metres and centimeters.

what is needed is your skill to manipulate computer programs or code to achieve a desired result.

This is encouraging

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Ephemeralbeing: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Performing arts is highly welcome in the industry. Product management would be a good area to explore for you. Kudos on your self-discipline to study the basics. Says a lot of your CAN DO spirit. If you are up for it, you can remain on the Dev track. Otherwise, design would be a good alternative. Keep pushing. Keep learning. Sky's the limit

I have the passion for being a front end web developer, I don’t want to go into product management, do you think I can cope?

I met a guy who dropped out at 100Level and went into coding and he’s now a fullstack developer, so am hoping as an art student and a BSC graduate I should be able to become a full stack web developer also.
Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Millz404(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Maths and programming requires logical thinking.
You only need basic maths but iyou need to know how to think critically to solve problems which is kinda how maths works too.
Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by airsaylongcome: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ephemeralbeing:

I have the passion for being a front end web developer, I don’t want to go into product management, do you think I can cope?

I met a guy who dropped out at 100Level and went into coding and he’s now a fullstack developer, so am hoping as an art student and a BSC graduate I should be able to become a full stack web developer also.

Definitely possible. I work with a a colleague who trained as a lawyer but now works in IT. He no dey let me drink water drop cup! That's how good he is. Programs in Python and has formidable Linux Sys Admin skills. So most definitely you can excel in Web dev if you set your mind to it

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Newbie And Mathematics by Ephemeralbeing: 10:42am On Mar 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Definitely possible. I work with a a colleague who trained as a lawyer but now works in IT. He no dey let me drink water drop cup! That's how good he is. Programs in Python and has formidable Linux Sys Admin skills. So most definitely you can excel in Web dev if you set your mind to it

Wawu. Lawyer is def an art student also. Now this has absolutely motivated me. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Open To Internships (remote) Or Freelance Gigs / This Countdown Timer Helps You Track How Long We Have Until 2023 / How Do I Impact Programming Knowledge Into A Child Of 5 Or Above?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.