Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum (285 Views)

Four Chrisland School Teachers Arraigned In Court Over Gang-Sex / Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status / UNILAG Students Dragging Water From A Broken Tap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Since 1960, the curriculum has not been changed causing at least 3 generations to grow up in white worship and inferiority complex. Nigerians arise and file a lawsuit (or arbitration case) compelling the Federal Ministry of Education to desist from:

- Teaching children mungo Park discovered river Niger

- Include Nigerian and African scientists, mathematicians, and philosophers and global inventors in the curriculum in addition to the European ones.

- Teaching that Wilberforce stopped slave trade, slessor stopped killing of twins are all lies as there are Nigerians who championed these causes as well and it was not done by only one person.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
Moderators pls move this to front page...
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
This is why we that are wise say Nigeria has not gained any independence.

But crediting Mary Slessor for stopping killing of twins might be right. There was no conflict among different traditions before the coming of Christianity. Christianity is what changed people's ideologies and made people of one place to condemn the tradition of people in another place. Therefore, it is believable that nobody tried to abolish the killing of twins before the coming of Christianity. It is also believable that Slessor was the one who use the influence of Christianity to champion the abolition. Existing history says Slessor is the one. If you say she is not the one, who is the one? Your claim about Slessor is an assumption because you have not stated who stopped the killing. If you say it was not done by her, who did it?

But in the case of Mungo Park, he is probably not the one who discovered River Niger because he was not the first person to exist in the river area. People who existed in the area before him must have known and entered River Niger before his arrival in the river. What he did is that he gave the river a name after traveling along the river, from the beginning of the river to where the river joins an ocean. No report claims someone else did it before him. So, he can be credited for being the first to ascertain the beginning and the end of the river. Instead of saying he discovered the river, I rather say he discovered the length (beginning and the end) of the river, than to say he discovered the river.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by LordIsaac(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
It is about time. I will rather that we deemphasize university education as it is causing more harm than good. Of what benefit is a system that churns out 90% unemployable graduates and 10% employable graduates with no job?
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
This is why we that are wise say Nigeria has not gained any independence.

But crediting Mary Slessor for stopping killing of twins might be right. The parts that killed twins later change the barbaric act after being influenced by Christianity.

You have been brainwashed by the same colonial system which I think was actually quite effective. the druids of england were know for witchcraft and are still known for witchcraft up till this day. The battle of Normandy in Europe involved alignment of moon phases (which has to do with witchcraft) before striking enemy forces. The Europeans are barbaric. Do you know what the english did in Canada in collaboration with the Catholic Church - in the Indian Residential School system? If you know you will know slessor did not stop killing of twins. Just google indian residential schools.

The PRIMARY GOAL of colonization was not theft of resources but to get you to think less of yourself by creating a "more intelligent -- less intelligent" relationship between europeans and africans in your mind. Thats what they did to the native indians and called them "savages" which is the same thing they tried to suggest in calabar.

Also western europeans are not the gate keepers of christianity - they were not "good missionaries" - they came on a colonial project.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by daveP(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2022
This is a key aspect of this Rot in Nigeria. Plus the brain drain and lack of sense to see how invaluable the intelligent youths are to the economy even with the current rot. Imagine this aspect was even upgraded, the effects will be massive and a big sense of relief. But one looks at the crop of Education Ministers since 1999 and a fly cant even be seen as outstanding on their records.

The excuse? They too were part of the system and preferred not to step on toes. We need Titans in Power.

Terrible that ASUU va FG is like some boxing match with no end to the rounds. The bell sef don taya. Like a Frazier vs Ali battle but the students are the ones bleeding.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 10:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
You have been brainwashed by the same colonial system which I think was actually quite effective. the druids of england were know for witchcraft and are still known for witchcraft up till this day. The battle of Normandy in Europe involved alignment of moon phases (which has to do with witchcraft) before striking enemy forces. The Europeans are barbaric. Do you know what the english did in Canada in collaboration with the Catholic Church - in the Indian Residential School system? If you know you will know slessor did not stop killing of twins. Just google indian residential schools. The PRIMARY GOAL of colonization was not theft of resources but to get you to think less of yourself by creating a "more intelligent -- less intelligent" relationship between europeans and africans in your mind. Thats what they did to the native indians and called them "savages" which is the same thing they tried to suggest in calabar. Also western europeans are not the gate keepers of christianity - they were not "good missionaries" - they came on a colonial project.
You are just ranting nonsense here. Instead of presenting facts, you are saying I have been brainwashed. The evil things that happen in Europe do not justify the ones that happen in Africa. Are you saying killing of twins is not barbaric? If a person from Europe stops an evil act in Africa, such a person should be thanked. That the person could not stop an evil act in his own country does not mean you should condemn the good thing he did in your own country. What you should do in this argument is to factually prove that she did not stop killing of twins.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

You are just ranting nonsense here. Instead of presenting facts, you are saying I have been brainwashed. The evil things that happen in Europe do not justify the ones that happen in Africa. If a person from Europe stops an evil act in Africa, such a person should be thanked. The the person could not stop an evil act in his own country does not mean you should condemn the good thing he did in your own country.

Your brainwashing is complete and sealed. They did not stop the evil in their own continent two of which I mentioned before coming to Africa to do it?? They just woke up one day sailed fair to come and stop the killing of twins.... the brainwashing has eaten deep into your mind....

It's really unfortunate what has happened in Africa. The minds of Africans are held by a strong colonial grip.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

You are just ranting nonsense here. Instead of presenting facts, you are saying I have been brainwashed. The evil things that happen in Europe do not justify the ones that happen in Africa. Are you saying killing of twins is not barbaric? If a person from Europe stops an evil act in Africa, such a person should be thanked. That the person could not stop an evil act in his own country does not mean you should condemn the good thing he did in your own country. What you should do in this argument is to factually prove that she did not stop killing of twins.

Factual proof: within Nigeria, there are 36 states. Even if caalabar ppl were killing twins itvwasnt every single person in calabar, people from calabar, all 36 states of Nigeria, Ghana etc could have stopped the killing of the twins.

It does not take a "white" woman sailing from Europe to stop it.

That's my point they ve already made you think less if yourself....

There was strong witchcraft and barbarism in europe at the time.

nb: God doesn't need anyone to spread the gospel including europeans.... Paul wad converted without any preaching. Check the British record in Canada....Google Indian residential schools...this was the same time Nigeria was being colonised.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
Your brainwashing is complete and sealed. They did not stop the evil in their own continent two of which I mentioned before coming to Africa to do it?? They just woke up one day sailed fair to come and stop the killing of twins.... the brainwashing has eaten deep into your mind.... It's really unfortunate what has happened in Africa. The minds of Africans are held by a string colonial grip.
I derive no joy in returning insults. I just want to educate you. But it seems your sentiment overrides your reasoning. It is true that charity begins at home. But some times, you can do good outside without being able to do the same good at home. It could be that the people in your home resisted you while the people outside supported you. So, whatever evil that happens in Slessor's country should not be used to condemn any good thing she did for Africa. You can give an outsider a good support instead of giving that support to your family member if you realize that the outsider will value the support more than your family member.

Forget this your sentiment. Try to sound reasonable. If you are sure killing of twins was not stopped by her, who stopped it? Until you have another explanation of how it stopped, the history that says Slessor stopped the killing remains true. How can you say the history is a lie when you have no other history as the truthful one?

Your claim about school curriculum is logical and factual. But your claim about Slessor holds no water until you explain how the killing of twins stopped.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
Factual proof: within Nigeria, there are 36 states. Even if caalabar ppl were killing twins itvwasnt every single person in calabar, people from calabar, all 36 states of Nigeria, Ghana etc could have stopped the killing of the twins. It does not take a "white" woman sailing from Europe to stop it. That's my point they ve already made you think less if yourself.... There was strong witchcraft and barbarism in europe at the time. nb: God doesn't need anyone to spread the gospel including europeans.... Paul wad converted without any preaching. Check the British record in Canada....Google Indian residential schools...this was the same time Nigeria was being colonised.
One, why did you say "If Calabar people were killing twins"? Do Calabar people say it did not happen?
Two, You claim Africans would not wait for her to come all the way from Europe. Didn't Africans wait for people to come all the way from Europe to start formal education in Africa? Didn't Africans wait for people to come all the way from Europe to introduce electricity and computer in Africa?
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

I derive no joy in returning insults. I just want to educate you. But it seems your sentiment overrides your reasoning. It is true that charity begins at home. But some times, you can do good outside without being able to do the same good at home. It could be that the people in your home resisted you while the people outside supported you. So, whatever evil that happens in Slessor's country should not be used to condemn any good thing she did for Africa. You can give an outsider a good support instead of giving that support to your family member if you realize that the outsider will value the support more than your family member.

Forget this your sentiment. Try to sound reasonable. If you are sure killing of twins was not stopped by her, who stopped it? Until you have another explanation of how it stopped, the history that says Slessor stopped the killing remains true. How can you say the history is a lie when you have no other history as the truthful one?

Your claim about school curriculum is logical and factual. But your claim about Slessor holds no water until you explain how the killing of twins stopped.

Pls read my last comment. Let me ask you, who said Mary slessor stopped the killing of twins?? It wasn't Nigerians it was the colonial administration that said it. Colonial administration means Nigeria was taken over by military force in 1856 and if they say slessor stopped killing of twins you dare not say otherwise.

I'm not in for trading insults too and I welcome a Factual conversation with you.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

One, why did you say "If Calabar people were killing twins"? Do Calabar people say it did not happen?
Two, You claim Africans would not wait for her to come all the way from Europe. Didn't Africans wait for people to come all the way from Europe to start formal education in Africa? Didn't Africans wait for people to come all the way from Europe to introduce electricity and computer in Africa?

I said "even if" meaning let's even just assume it happened, in that case I'm sure not every calabar person subscribed to it. God would have well given a calabar or Jos person a Damascus experience or someone from ghana to do sclessors job than God having slessor sailing from England to do it. I hope I'm making sense
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
Pls read my last comment. Let me ask you, who said Mary slessor stopped the killing of twins?? It wasn't Nigerians it was the colonial administration that said it. Colonial administration means Nigeria was taken over by military force in 1856 and if they say slessor stopped killing of twins you dare not say otherwise. I'm not in for trading insults too and I welcome a Factual conversation with you.
Forget who said Slessor did it. What have your fellow Nigerians told about the stopping of killing of twins? Give your own account of how the killing of twins stopped. If you give your own account, I will investigate it to believe or doubt it. But if you do not give your own account, you have not point against who says Slessor did it.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 11:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
I said "even if" meaning let's even just assume it happened, in that case I'm sure not every calabar person subscribed to it. God would have well given a calabar or Jos person a Damascus experience or someone from ghana to do sclessors job than God having slessor sailing from England to do it. I hope I'm making sense
It happened. No assumption about it. Admit it.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

Forget who said Slessor did it. What have your fellow Nigerians told about the stopping of killing of twins? Give your own account of how the killing of twins stopped. If you give your own account, I will investigate it to believe or doubt it. But if you do not give your own account, you have not point against who says Slessor did it.

I have given you the account. Its a simple matter. You have already been mentally enslaved so can't convince you otherwise.

At others reading that want mental liberation please sue the Ministry of education and enact the changes you want.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2022
BigBashiru:
I have given you the account. Its a simple matter. You have already been mentally enslaved so can't convince you otherwise. At others reading that want mental liberation please sue the Ministry of education and enact the changes you want.
You gave an assumption. An assumption is not an account. Account means a fact. If Slessor is not the person that stopped the killing of twins in Calabar, who did it?
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

You gave an assumption. An assumption is not an account. Account means a fact. If Slessor is not the person that stopped the killing of twins in Calabar, who did it?

Who taught that slessor stopped the killing of twins? Was it the Nigerian account of events or the British account. I've already told you that it's the colonial government that said it must be taught and that its not true ...instead of believing the Nigerian account you believe the British account.

Answer to your question who did: calabar is not Nigeria. West Africa is not Nigeria. West Africans and Nigerians together stopped the killing of twins. Its not something one person did.

David Lammy, Tottenham MP calls this "white savior" which the British have been promoting for centuries. It was the basis of mental subjugation of blacks and has been exposed.

Hope this answers your question.

Also just think about what I said going forward. Latin American sailors didn't come, Middle Eastern sailors didn't come.... it must be British ppl that comes to show black man the way. Its a lie its not true
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 12:06am On Mar 06, 2022
BigBashiru:
Who taught that slessor taught the killing of twins? Was it the Nigerian account of events or the British account. I've already told you that it's the colonial government that said it must be taught and that its not true ...instead of believing the Nigerian account you believe the British account.
Answer to your question who did: calabar is not Nigeria. West Africa is not Nigeria. West Africans and Nigerians together stopped the killing of twins. Its not something one person did.
David Lammy, Tottenham MP calls this "white savior" which the British have been promoting for centuries. It was the basis of mental subjugation of blacks and has been exposed.
Hope this answers your question.
Also just think about what I said going forward. Latin American sailors didn't come, Middle Eastern sailors didn't come.... it must be British ppl that comes to show black man the way. Its a lie its not true
White men told me all these things.

Who told you that Slessor did not stop killing of twins? Who were you told stopped the killing of twins?
Answer my own questions.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:11am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

White men told me all these things.

Who told you that Slessor did not stop killing of twins? Who were you told stopped the killing of twins?
Answer my own questions.

The same common sense, inductive and deductive reasoning that informed me mungo Park did not discover river niger (makes it look as if blacks are unintelligent)....is the same way I realized slessor did not stop it.

The whole Nigeria and the whole West Africa was not killing twins and the Nigerians residing around calabar are not senseless. Someone doesn't have to sail from Europe in a colonial government that aimed at genocide of Nigerians to stop the killing of twins.

Seems ur just arguing for argument sake and my time alloted for this is up.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 12:20am On Mar 06, 2022
BigBashiru:
The same common sense, inductive and deductive reasoning that informed me mungo Park did not discover river (makes it look as if blacks are unintelligent)....is the same way I realized slessor did not stop it.
The whole Nigeria and the whole West Africa was not killing twins and the Nigerians residing around calabar are not senseless. Someone doesn't have to sail from Europe in a colonial government that aimed at genocide of Nigerians to stop the killing of twins.
Seems ur just arguing for argument sake and my time alloted for this is up.
Your logic is so fallacious and weak.

Mungo Park cannot discover River Niger because he was not the first person to see River Niger. People knew and entered River Niger before his arrival. He only gave the river the name. Another thing he did was traveling along the river, from the beginning of the river to where the river joins an ocean. No other report claims someone else did it before him. So, he can be credited for being the first to ascertain the beginning and the end of the river. Instead of saying he discovered the river, I rather say he discovered the length (beginning and the end) of the river.

But in the case of killing of twins, someone must have initiated the idea of stopping it. Existing history says Slessor is the one. If you say she is not the one, who is the one? Your claim about Slessor is an assumption. You using your common sense for the claim does not make the claim a fact.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:25am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

Mungo Park cannot discover River Niger because he was not the first person to see River Niger. People knew and entered River Niger before his arrival. He only gave the river the name. Another thing he did was traveling along the river, from the beginning of the river to where the river joins an ocean. No other report claims someone else did it before him. So, he can be credited for being the first to ascertain the beginning and the end of the river. Instead of saying he discovered the river, I rather say he discovered the length (beginning and the end) of the river.

But in the case of killing of twins, someone must have initiated the idea of stopping it. Existing history says Slessor is the one. If you say she is not the one, who is the one? What you say about Slessor is an assumption. You using your common sense to say it does not make a fact.

The reports you are reading are the British report. Of course no other report can say otherwise because it was a British military government if you say otherwise you could get shot and killed.

It saddens me that you are mentally enslaved just like millions more and undoing this will take generations.

I used to think colonialism was a friendly act. It's not and it's the use of military power to subjugate a people. Any attempt to repeal the military government is quenched by further use of military force. ..
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

But in the case of killing of twins, someone must have initiated the idea of stopping it. Existing history says Slessor is the one. If you say she is not the one, who is the one? Your claim about Slessor is an assumption. You using your common sense for the claim does not make the claim a fact.

@killing twins. The existing history you refer to
was written by the British. Its the conqueror that writes the history books not the conquered.... that's why they wrote its British people that did everything. Its a colonial government and you can't challenge what they wrote or put in the curriculum which is why up till today it still hasn't been changed.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2022
BigBashiru:

The reports you are reading are the British report. Of course no other report can say otherwise because it was a British military government if you say otherwise you could get shot and killed.
It saddens me that you are mentally enslaved just like millions more and undoing this will take generations.
I used to think colonialism was a friendly act. It's not and it's the use of military power to subjugate a people. Any attempt to repeal the military government is quenched by further use of military force. ..
Continue with your noise. When you are ready to sound sensible, you will mention the names of the people that stopped killing of twins in Calabar. Until then, ride on with your noise.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:35am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

Continue with your noise. When you are ready to sound sensible, you will mention the names of the people that stopped killing of twins in Calabar. Until then, ride on with your noise.

Says a colonially brainwashed person. Since you accept British superiority over ur life i can fairly call you monkey. So monkey go and meet mr Smith Duncan and tell him to give you your banana for dinner.

On a serious note, the history of the group of people that stopped the killing of twins was lost out to he British which is why they claimed slessor. But we do not even know for certain if twins were being killed.... if they were, most likely Nigerians from the south or east would hv actually stopped it but because British were in power, they won't hv accepted it is an african that did it.
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by BigBashiru: 12:38am On Mar 06, 2022
immortalcrown:

Also it's not one person and can't be one person. It's more likely a group of Nigerians from the south or east
Re: Dragging Federal Ministry Of Education To Court Over Colonial Curriculum by immortalcrown(m): 12:39am On Mar 06, 2022
BigBashiru:
Says a colonially brainwashed person. Since you accept British superiority over ur life i can fairly call you monkey. So monkey go and meet mr Smith Duncan and tell him to give you your banana for dinner. On a serious note, the history of the group of people that stopped the killing of twins was lost out to he British which is why they claimed slessor. But we do not even know for certain if twins were being killed.... if they were, most likely Nigerians from the south or east would hv actually stopped it but because British were in power, they won't hv accepted it is an african that did it.
You are really good at making noise. But you need to be louder. I hereby command you to be louder.

(1) (Reply)

Avail 51% Discount On Essay Maker In Australia / Cyber Security, Types And Importance / The Name Of Local Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.