Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio (916 Views)

Using Android Studio Offline / IONIC 3 Cordova Build Android Apk Without Android Studio Install / I Need Help With Android Studio! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Franzee(m): 4:00am On Mar 10, 2022
I would wish to get into mobile apps development.
But it's been hard my 4GB laptop hangs on Android studio same as running Flutter ide...

I read recommendations online and it says at least 4GB RAM.. So tech Guru should I upgrade my system to 8GB ram do you think it would solve the problem or Is there anything I can do to reduce it from hanging running Android Studio
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by tundesam1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello Franzee, How's your mobile dev journey going, I'm an Android Developer. For you to be able to enjoy mobile dev to a point, you will need to have at least 8GB of RAM on your laptop or get more RAM if you can. Also if you can invest in getting an SSD drive it will go a long way in increasing your productivity. Please don't run the emulator on your system as it is resource heavy. even laptop with 16 GB RAM struggle at times.
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Franzee(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
tundesam1:
Hello Franzee, How's your mobile dev journey going, I'm an Android Developer. For you to be able to enjoy mobile dev to a point, you will need to have at least 8GB of RAM on your laptop or get more RAM if you can. Also if you can invest in getting an SSD drive it will go a long way in increasing your productivity. Please don't run the emulator on your system as it is resource heavy. even laptop with 16 GB RAM struggle at times.

thanks
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Macheque: 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
Franzee:
But it's been hard my 4GB laptop hangs on Android studio same as running Flutter ide...

I read recommendations online and it says at least 4GB RAM.. So tech Guru should I upgrade my system to 8GB ram do you think it would solve the problem or Is there anything I can do to reduce it from hanging running Android Studio

Using 4gb will make your work slow
You can upgrade your RAM to 8gb
And use VS code editor it's light weight and you can use BlueStacks as emulator it's also light weight
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Macheque: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Franzee:

Using 4gb will make your work slow
You can upgrade your RAM to 8gb
And use VS code editor it's light weight and you can use BlueStacks as emulator it's also light weight
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Millerules(m): 10:36am On Mar 12, 2022
It's very frustrating cry
Expensive yes, but if you can invest in a Mac Book you'll be good. I sometimes run 3 emulators at the same time on AS without any issue.

Franzee:

Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
So there isn't any windows laptop capable of running android studio without lag?
Millerules:
It's very frustrating cry
Expensive yes, but if you can invest in a Mac Book you'll be good. I sometimes run 3 emulators at the same time on AS without any issue.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Millerules(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
onyeadurunujoel:
So there isn't any windows laptop capable of running android studio without lag?
I have no idea
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Millerules(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
onyeadurunujoel:
I have no idea…

But any one running minimum of 256GB SSD + 16GB RAM should be just fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by dirtydaya(m): 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
onyeadurunujoel:

My work machine
11th gen I7 , 12GB RAM with SSD.

AS works fine. You need a more powerful device for android dev.

When u start handling multi module projects u definitely need .
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Nteogwuija(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
Franzee:

I just started mobile app dev.

My PC used to be 4gb ram, 500gb core i5.

When I had AS and ran the emulator, my PC became slow and really frustrating.

So I had to upgrade to 16gb, 8gb(x2) on each slots, now the PC runs fine even with emulators running.

Secondly, you don't have to open AS. Just run your emulator from VS Code using Ctrl+Shift+P.

That way you end up avoiding running AS that consumes lots of resources.
Re: Why Does My Laptop Slag Running Android Studio by Franzee(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nteogwuija:

I just started mobile app dev.

My PC used to be 4gb ram, 500gb core i5.

When I had AS and ran the emulator, my PC became slow and really frustrating.

So I had to upgrade to 16gb, 8gb(x2) on each slots, now the PC runs fine even with emulators running.

Secondly, you don't have to open AS. Just run your emulator from VS Code using Ctrl+Shift+P.

That way you end up avoiding running AS that consumes lots of resources.

hope it didn't affect your system..... cause am imaging switching a 4gb to an 8gb double port

(1) (Reply)

Review: I Developed A GPA Calculator For Student / Do You Need A Web Developer? / J A V A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.